TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it’s striking in that the plea is to the son himself, and not addressed to a presumed criminal.

This may not be the parents’ “first rodeo” with Caleb.
That, or another possibility, they were caught off guard with some info that LE uncovered (most likely through digital footprint).
It could have been a total surprise to them to learn of some activities, yet saying “you aren’t in trouble and do everything you can to get yourself out of a situation you’re in”.

That, or another possibility, they were caught off guard with some info that LE uncovered (most likely through digital footprint).
It could have been a total surprise to them to learn of some activities, yet saying “you aren’t in trouble and do everything you can to get yourself out of a situation you’re in”.
That’s something to consider, too; yes.

It’s interesting to note that midterm grading was scheduled March 6-20, right after his disappearance.

I also find it interesting that Spring Break was scheduled for the following week 3/11-3/15/24.

Did Caleb have any special plans for Spring Break that we know of? Travel or maybe a visit home? The timing is interesting, is all.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Of course it’s all speculation only, but I had thought of his maybe hiding a planned encounter with a male met on an app, which have been known to go bad on occasion because you’re meeting a total stranger. Or for that matter an unknown female for an exotic encounter.

But if this were the case :
1. Why leave the wallet behind and
2. Can’t law enforcement track his prior online communications?

Sometimes people leave their wallet behind when going to meet strangers to avoid the possibility of being robbed, JMO.

I think LE can eventually track a lot, but it can take a long time. And (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I think messages on certain Apps and burner phones aren't traceable. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone wondered about the possibility of online gambling. How would that lead to a disappearance? Wouldn't it just lead to credit card debt and drained bank accounts? JMO.
Yes, I think the implication is that gambling debt can lead to shame/ hopelessness/running away/ suicide
I don’t think that is the case with Caleb IMHO

True. Very good observations.

Another thing I noticed but don’t know what to make of: Basically his last online activity, but is it significant??

3:03 a.m. — Harris sent a Snapchat photo to a high school friend living in San Antonio, Texas. The photo showed a small bridge over a drainage ditch on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin, within a few hundred feet of the entrance to the apartment complex.
The screenshotted Snapchat photo is interesting and evocative, but its significance is because that timestamp, "Caleb 3:03AM" indicates that the original
photo of the bridge came from his phone. It's proof of life, unless his phone was used by someone else. That seems unlikely to me as the friend he sent the photo to is the same person he'd been on the phone with for 71 minutes earlier that night, playing a video game together, per Caleb's father.

The screenshotted Snapchat photo is interesting and evocative, but its significance is because that timestamp, "Caleb 3:03AM" indicates that the original
photo of the bridge came from his phone. It's proof of life, unless his phone was used by someone else. That seems unlikely to me as the friend he sent the photo to is the same person he'd been on the phone with for 71 minutes earlier that night, playing a video game together, per Caleb's father.
The same person, the father said? I thought, according to this, that those were two different friends:

“Harris and his friend played video games online for over an hour with another former high school classmate currently residing in Colorado.”

and

“Harris sent another SnapChat photo to a high school friend currently residing in San Antonio.”

CCPD update

NOT Caleb:
Today around 2pm, authorities
located a deceased male at the Padre Island National Seashore.
CCPD has confirmed with Kleberg County Sheriff’s Office and PINS Park Rangers that the deceased male subject is not Caleb Harris and is not associated with the disappearance of Caleb Harris. There is no foul play suspected.”

(Bolded by me)

Link: CCPD

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.
$15 max purchase that would probably come with $10 fees/tip. For something that’s not for immediate consumption and can be picked up the next day on your way back from school.
You only do that if you have a decent amount of disposable income. And not many college students do.
So… question for me is- did he have money to throw around and if it didn’t come from a regular job or his parents, where did it come from?
I just found it an odd combination of food for a 21 year old. I think of Lunchables as food for finicky kids in the 5 - 8 year old range. Although, with the way they are packaged they'd be the perfect product to have on a boat when fishing. Less likely to get wet. Did he go on someone else's boat?

Just bringing this forth here. It’s a screenshot from the Emily Mueller Wich interview video of Caleb’s parents. I believe it is the 3:03 AM Snapchat of the “bridge”.

Have we heard from those who know him if this photo is an unusual one from Caleb, different from his usual Snapchats? Why would he take this photo?

View attachment 492841
It was a really foggy night and made for an interesting photo, perhaps that's why Caleb took the photo and sent it to his sister or friend (I don't recall which it was).

Last edited:
I once again asked my panel of "experts" (my college age children) how they manage to stay up so late....high caffeine energy drinks, some friends do have Adderall prescription, and some sleep for hours and hours the day before. Also there are some kids that are just excited about the coming trip or event they just are not tired.
Agree with this, I remember my early twenties and I could do all nighters no problem.

I just found it an odd combination of food for a 21 year old. I think of Lunchables as food for finicky kids in the 5 - 8 year old range. Although, with the way they are packaged they'd be the perfect product to have on a boat when fishing. Less likely to get wet. Did he go on someone else's boat?
I wouldn’t over think the food choices. My college kids eat them and had them door dashed. As well, one of their roommates has large French fries ordered from a popular fast food venue. They've gotten into weird habits since the virus

So now that the timeline has been clarified that Caleb had requested a contact-less delivery (deliver to the porch) well in advance, now...personally, that rules out a large set of ideas/theories. As in, he didn't go out there with some intention of picking up his order and something happened.

The question is, what did he intend to do?
He may have requested that his order be left at his door, but then later decided to go outside and watch for the driver in case his apartment was difficult to find, especially with the fog. And while he was waiting, he may a have found the view of the bridge with its lights and the fog interesting, so he walked closer to it and took the picture. Of course we don't know what happened after that. The Uber driver said she left the food at the apartment door but never saw Caleb.

I’ve only just realised how close CC really is to the Mexican border. Is Mexico easy enough to reach if say, you had a kayak or small boat? Here’s a scenario: CH was involved in something to make a bit of extra money (taking small quantities of drugs or something else across the border or moving them up the coast to the next checkpoint for a smuggler). There was a meet up to transfer cash, drugs, discuss the plan, and something went wrong or CH realised he was in over his head and ran for his safety. All JMO but trying to think of one explanation for involvement of the US Marshals Service.
I think it would have been hard for CH to hide all those kinds of activities from his roommates. They would have seen some suspicious behaviors.

LE wouldn’t have been able to search without showing probable cause to obtain a warrant, I’d imagine it would take awhile to get a warrant encompassing all the occupied apartments
If the owner of the property gave permission for LE to search, they wouldn't have needed a warrant, although it is usually wise to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor