Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #179

Status
Not open for further replies.
@layer maybe AT&T since they are mentioned in the latest filing?
Nice! Thanks!

AT&T
Subscriber Information: 7 Years
Call History: 7 years
Tower Locations as they related to Call History: 7 years
SMS Content: Not Available
Tower Dumps: 7 years
Range to Tower (RTT) Data: 180 days

If RA was using ATT in 2017 I suspect he used it until his arrest. That could be a huge part of the prosecution's case.
I don't see anything relating to retaining information about turning the device on & off, or using airplane mode.

They accuse the defence of outright lying in multiple places. (screenshot)

I am kind of at a loss as to how this keeps happening in this case. I get disagreements over interpretation, but Turco either said stuff or he didn't. I guess we'll have to wait for his actual exhibits.
I don't get it too.

I think the state will destroy them at the trial if they keeping into these huge conspiracies and misinformation. I am not impressed with their representation and I am wondering if RA may have a case for inadequate defense after and if he is convicted.

Last edited:
After reading some of the proceedings my impression of JG is that she is a reasonable and intelligent arbiter. But I can't for the life of me understand why she refuses to recuse herself. I almost wonder if she is deliberately driving the case into a ditch so it can get a fresh restart. Or some evidence...
Why would Judge Gull recuse herself when the SCOIN found no evidence of bias from her towards RA or R&B? Why doesn't the Defense withdraw again and stay withdrawn?

RA would have stood a better chance with S&L than R&B IMO.

jmo

Why would Judge Gull recuse herself when the SCOIN found no evidence of bias from her towards RA or R&B? Why doesn't the Defense withdraw again and stay withdrawn?
I haven't seen any bias from JG either, though I haven't been able to read that much yet. The impression I get is that many people believe the defense accused her, abused her, basically took a bowel movement on her bench. IMHO it would take a Herculean effort for there to be no hint of bias affecting her decisions going forward. But it could be done. But why?
There's an old saying - the appearance of a conflict of interest, is a conflict of interest. This clearly has the appearance of a conflict of interest. With everything that has happened, why start a trial that is virtually doomed on appeal when you can just start fresh? Ego?
JMHO

susane7 said:
I don't have time to post the filing now but I am just want to say the State filed a answer to the 3rd Franks hearing. Some interestings things about the geofencing and Prof Turco.

State’s response to defendant’s 3rd Franks motion
After finally getting a chance to read this, I wonder one thing. If the geofence data is total trash as far as exonerating RA because the geofence data isn't accurate to outside ranges that could include the whole town of Delphi, then how could it help the prosecution at all? The response basically admits the information isn't worth much. Hmm, well where does this leave us?

After finally getting a chance to read this, I wonder one thing. If the geofence data is total trash as far as exonerating RA because the geofence data isn't accurate to outside ranges that could include the whole town of Delphi, then how could it help the prosecution at all? The response basically admits the information isn't worth much. Hmm, well where does this leave us?
Sounds like they used the data to interview and cleared the 3 phone owners.

susane7 said:
I don't have time to post the filing now but I am just want to say the State filed a answer to the 3rd Franks hearing. Some interestings things about the geofencing and Prof Turco.

State’s response to defendant’s 3rd Franks motion
How refreshing to read a concise argument that sticks to the point and continually refers to the whole concept of what a Franks actually is and what applies to it (or doesn't).

MOO

Well, it could prove the lie in his looking at stocks story. If he turned his phone off before coming to the bridge, there would be no sign of him on his phone anywhere. Even in town. And you can't look at stocks without a phone on the bridge.

MOO

Well, it could prove the lie in his looking at stocks story. If he turned his phone off before coming to the bridge, there would be no sign of him on his phone anywhere. Even in town. And you can't look at stocks without a phone on the bridge.

MOO
I get that, but "good for me, but not for you" will be hard to pull off if you claim that in front of a savvy juror. IMO

I haven't seen any bias from JG either, though I haven't been able to read that much yet. The impression I get is that many people believe the defense accused her, abused her, basically took a bowel movement on her bench. IMHO it would take a Herculean effort for there to be no hint of bias affecting her decisions going forward. But it could be done. But why?
There's an old saying - the appearance of a conflict of interest, is a conflict of interest. This clearly has the appearance of a conflict of interest. With everything that has happened, why start a trial that is virtually doomed on appeal when you can just start fresh? Ego?
JMHO
Again, the SCOIN decided unanimously that she remain on the case. I think there is more of a conflict of interest and an appellate issue having the misconduct of this Defense Duo if you want to talk about appearance sake. The D admittedly lied to the Court about their withdrawal, now they are lying about MW and his participation in the leak. The State finally had to come out and point out their lies in the Franks Memo.

Judge Gull's findings/rulings will or will not hold up in an appellate issue it doesn't matter what the public perception of Judge Gull is. People can and do dislike the actions of Judges on many cases. They aren't removed because of it.

A more likely appellate issue is RA claiming lack of competent counsel. IMO of course.

JMO

How refreshing to read a concise argument that sticks to the point and continually refers to the whole concept of what a Franks actually is and what applies to it (or doesn't).

MOO
Thank you, yes it was refreshing to see what we've speculated all along about that Hail Mary ridiculous and untruthful FM. The State was hesitant to detail the lies and falsehoods contained within because they didn't want to release any pretrial strategy.

The Defense by submitting their 3rd request, forced the State to call out these misrepresentations and falsehoods. The Defense is surely desperate to get the SW thrown out, which is so curious since they have stated emphatically that RA is innocent and nothing ties him to the scene of the crime. Funny that eh?

JMO

You are entitled to your opinions Justice, just as we all are. You bring very much needed logic into our conversations and you are always respectful of other posters.
I'd say there are strong opinions on both sides of this case as there would be with any other. We are all just stating our views based on our interpretation of what we've seen and know after all these years. Doctors, Lawyers, Indian Chiefs are all entitled to their opinion. :)
Sometimes a post is so beautiful I hit "Reply" so it can show up again.

JMHO
If you do it once it will happen over and over again. This can’t be a defense strategy.

The P gets the mental health records.
04/03/2024Order Issued
State of Indiana's Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third-Party Records (mental health records) filed March 14, 2024 granted without hearing. State of Indiana's Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third-Party Records (medical records) filed March 14, 2024, granted without hearing.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Good for them, I'm sure it will provide some interesting reading. The Defense blew this door wide open many times referring to RA's mental health status in their Motions.

JMO

If you do it once it will happen over and over again. This can’t be a defense strategy.
A defense strategy to do what? Make utter idiots out of themselves to try to get the judge to recuse himself? And then what? Good luck with that. Frankly I have seen very little strategy out of anyone in this circus.

It leaves me thinking it might make sense to hear from geofence experts - the ones trained by FBI - the ones that tracked and found Jan 6th participants - who seem to think geofence data works very very well.

Men imprisoned for murder say police illegally used Google to find their location data

The new warrant: how US police mine Google for your location and search history

I don't get it too.

I think the state will destroy them at the trial if they keeping into these huge conspiracies and misinformation. I am not impressed with their representation and I am wondering if RA may have a case for inadequate defense after and if he is convicted.
Same here. Odinism isn't on trial. And none of these individuals involved in these questionable organizations mentioned are on trial, unless perhaps we move into whether RA himself might have had some interest in that vein. Many with inclinations towards fringe/cult activity would be secretive about such interests. The reluctance of the D-- even at this point-- to face this trial as a head-on probe into whether their client is BG is astounding, and I seriously don't think the D is going to be anywhere near prepared for the actual trial. All their energies have been poured into derailing it, destroying it, distorting its focus, creating a "bandwagon" effect against its existence, attacking the judge insofar as she opposes them, and beyond. Even the Franks becomes something of interest in that we hear RA was terrified of these Odinite patches worn by prison guards, and these patches in some cases look like designs for funny coffee mugs. Nothing too terrifying there. Will be watching to see the geofence data so we can all rest assured RA was watching his stock ticker as noted in the infancy of the investigation.

Good for them, I'm sure it will provide some interesting reading. The Defense blew this door wide open many times referring to RA's mental health status in their Motions.

JMO
Maybe in more ways than one. HIPAA.
I believe the defense had a right to his records, given to them by Richard Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member