OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

At the end of the video...."not clear WHEN the last time these women were seen". Seriously? Jilian is a mother of 4 and wife to a pastor who had to be very involved in preparing for Easter Sunday and NOBODY can recall when she was last seen? This is critical information.

At the end of the video...."not clear WHEN the last time these women were seen". Seriously? Jilian is a mother of 4 and wife to a pastor who had to be very involved in preparing for Easter Sunday and NOBODY can recall when she was last seen? This is critical information.
The reporter who says it's not clear "when these women were last seen" is paraphrasing OSBI, who also said "it's under investigation" whether the children's father is cooperating". In other words, purposefully avoiding any answers to questions. I'm sure it's very clear when at least Jilian was last seen.

The reporter who says it's not clear "when these women were last seen" is paraphrasing OSBI, who also said "it's under investigation" whether the children's father is cooperating". In other words, purposefully avoiding any answers to questions. I'm sure it's very clear when at least Jilian was last seen.
I understand that but this type of reporting, including the obfuscating statements from the OSBI helps NO ONE, including them (OSBI). If you state the factual last time either one of these women was seen (i.e. when Jilian left the house, when her last phone ping occurred, etc.) you can't POSSIBLY hurt the investigation and only assist the public in reaching out. It's utterly ridiculous to not state when the trip began. That's critical information for possible tipsters that THINK they saw them but haven't got a bloody clue if it’s in a reasonable timeframe. There's lots of blue KIA's. <modsnip: not LE friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
And I will add one more thing on that note. If I were Jilian's husband and with OSBI acting like they don't even know why these women were together, I'd reach out to the FBI and get them involved because OSBI obviously can't rule out an interstate kidnapping.

If the grandmother isn’t talking, they may not know when the women were last seen. They know when they left to pick up the children, but maybe they do not yet know if someone saw them after that.

If the grandmother isn’t talking, they may not know when the women were last seen. They know when they left to pick up the children, but maybe they do not yet know if someone saw them after that.
They have not stated they know when they left. I don't give two shakes what the grandmother says since she's the one claiming they never arrived, so her reliability is nonexistent in my eyes right now. In fact, everyone on that side of the children's families are not reliable to me at this point. I want to hear the facts of the matter...when did Jilian leave her house or when did Veronica leave her house? That sets a timeline of where they should have been on the trip. That sets a timeline for sightings of them. That sets a timeline for how long they were disappeared relative to where they should have been before the fiance found the car.

I think it's possible authorities have a good idea who last saw these women.
Perhaps they are holding this information close for various reasons. They might allude to it later when they need extra leverage.
For now they might say, "We don't know who last saw Veronica and Jilian," but later they can turn up the heat by saying, "We feel sure we know the person/s who last saw these ladies."
It's a smart tactic by LE because they know suspects under pressure tend to make mistakes and are more likely to cave in or confess to a third party who later reveals what they know.

Several people have mentioned they think the perp(s) moved VB's car off the main road onto the side road. IDK, but there's the possibility that VB was contacted about a change of meet up plans and was told to meet at that location, so she pulls off the main road, onto the side road, does a u-turn and parks facing toward the highway so she can more easily watch for the meet-up person's car coming down the highway.

OSBI spokesman Hunter states that the car was found by a sheriffs deputy. OSBI obviously knows way more than they are saying, but they don’t want to share it with the public because that’s also sharing it with their suspect(s). They aren’t asking for tips because they don’t need them. MOO

IMO we know what time the court order stated visitation for VB to start, so count back the time it takes to drive to the meeting spot and that’s likely the time they left their house.

IMO we know what time the court order stated visitation for VB to start, so count back the time it takes to drive to the meeting spot and that’s likely the time they left their house.
I don't believe I've seen this document. Could you please share what the visitation time was? This doesn't actually lock in anything as fact, though, because this was a special occasion, one of her child's birthdays, so there may have been special arrangements for this particular day, but I'd still like to know what the designated pick up time was. TIA.

I understand that but this type of reporting, including the obfuscating statements from the OSBI helps NO ONE, including them (OSBI). If you state the factual last time either one of these women was seen (i.e. when Jilian left the house, when her last phone ping occurred, etc.) you can't POSSIBLY hurt the investigation and only assist the public in reaching out. It's utterly ridiculous to not state when the trip began. That's critical information for possible tipsters that THINK they saw them but haven't got a bloody clue if its in a reasonable timeframe. There's lots of blue KIA's. <modsnip: not LE friendly>
The women were last seen by the person or persons who likely killed them. Cellphone data and vehicle data will likely pinpoint their locations that day. LE must subpoena that information.
The various cell companies will usually give a last ping location in an emergency situation before they get the subpoena. Unfortunately, criminals are wise to the ways that LE can track them and will often shut off their own cellphone prior to committing a crime and will shut off and/or destroy the victim’s cellphone.

The women were last seen by the person or persons who likely killed them. Cellphone data and vehicle data will likely pinpoint their locations that day. LE must subpoena that information.
The various cell companies will usually give a last ping location in an emergency situation before they get the subpoena. Unfortunately, criminals are wise to the ways that LE can track them and will often shut off their own cellphone prior to committing a crime and will shut off and/or destroy the victim’s cellphone.
They've already stated that the last ping was at the location of the car. That's been reported. I don't want to know information on the investigation, I want to know what should have already been shared. The last time the families of these women saw them alive and when they left. That's all I'm saying. That information helps the public and does not hinder the investigation.

I don't believe I've seen this document. Could you please share what the visitation time was? This doesn't actually lock in anything as fact, though, because this was a special occasion, one of her child's birthdays, so there may have been special arrangements for this particular day, but I'd still like to know what the designated pick up time was. TIA.
8am. Unfortunately, the court records have since been taken down from the OK court website but the visitation schedule was linked and discussed prior on this thread. This was a high-conflict custody situation, I wouldn’t expect the custodian to do VB any favours re:extra time etc. MOO

Just started following this forgive question please, <modsnip: encourages the sleuthing of non POI> And is there any word on why the second woman did not move to Nebraska with job transfer -maybe kids still in school?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Agreed. IMO the factual reporting in this case leaves much to be desired. Depending on the source of information our understanding of the case details may vary significantly.

Just started following this forgive question please, <modsnip> And is there any word on why the second woman did not move to Nebraska with job transfer -maybe kids still in school?
<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>
Pastors wife to my understanding would not have moved to NE yet because while pastor took that job, he hadn't yet started and was still serving at his prior church.
I hope that helps some

I agree with others that police have a lot of information we don’t know about. I wouldn’t be surprised if they even have enough information to feel confident about a no-body arrest, but are watching those people for now, hoping they will somehow reveal the location of the women.

@OldCop Are you leaning towards a premeditated event or one that occurred spontaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59