AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes people lie not because they did the unthinkable but because they are covering up for something they themselves perceive as wrong. SR in his interview pointed a lot of fingers at KP being neglectful. Perhaps she is. Perhaps she wasn't paying attention to Sebastian at all that evening. She was reading her book. She told him to take out the trash. He knew the code to the door. She just simply didn't check on him. I kept wondering what she had to gain by saying she heard a thud and then hearing his voice. IIRC, in her initial statements she recalls that he said goodnight and good night to the dogs when he went to bed at 9. In NG interview she moves this statement to 10 and adds the thud. I'm beginning to think it is possible that she wasn't on the couch. That she was in her bedroom on the phone not paying attention to her 15 y/o son. Sebastian could very well have forgotten to take out the trash, remembered, and did it much later than KP thinks he did. Maybe that was the thud. Sebastian remembering the trash and jumping out of bed. She states she never checked on him. If she was so absorbed in her studying and her hours long phone call in her bedroom she very well may not know at what time things occurred. I do not think it is a stretch to think he would have taken out the trash (especially if he was trying to do it quietly and not get in trouble) in his socks.

So now...why did Sebastian head to the construction site?

I think it's reasonable he did walk out the front door.

Precedence for taking out the trash.

Precedence for throwing away anything of his he hadn't put away.

Perhaps he got locked out, felt locked out, felt hopeless without his belongings, left with his belongings... running away, running to.... wanting his dad.

And didn't get far.

JMO
Front door has a key pad, a numerical lock. IIRC

I do not believe he was locked out. I choose to believe the dogs. So now the question is what time did he take out the trash and what made him head to the construction site? Do older teenagers hang out there? Is it a private drinking spot?

Front door has a key pad, a numerical lock. IIRC
May have a deadbolt. We don't know.

Maybe the thud was a suitcase from a closet shelf. And he decided to pack his belongings, not discard them.

I suspect that evening started like any other, a pattern of typical interactions but something went awry. I believe SR left the house in some sort of ultimatum fashion. "If you walk out that door..." A touch of earned defiance? Son to mother, Mr. Chris not there to enforce whatever punishment he may have sought fit.

We don't know what we don't know.

How many adults were home at 3/5am?

Is there a missing suitcase?

Are additional items missing?

Was anything recovered from the landfill?

Why was the trash receptacle heavier than expected?

Is there one event that could have changed the entire trajectory which resulted in SR's disappearance whereby he'd still be at home, very much alive?

All my own speculation.

Of course. Prosecutors only take cases they believe they can win. But we are talking about the police investigating the incident and turning their findings over to the juvenile prosecutor. The SA detective may have found no evidence of sexual assault in their investigation but that’s different than the police just saying they won’t take a report and assign a detective. I guess we’ll never know the details but if he knew at the time, I would hope that Seth would have pushed harder for an investigation.
For sure. Who knows the details of that event, it' just that cases involving children aren't always prosecuted in the same way adult cases are. I think child protective services might have been notified and the offender sent to treatment to try and rehabilitate. But, I'm only guessing.

Sometimes detectives aren't involved but CPS caseworkers are.

I hope Seth, CP, and KP, all supported SR and that the parents of the child who committed the offense sought treatment for their son.

Yes, strange things can happen.

Plus, CP and KP said SR knew the code to the front door keypad. If some adult in his life had bad intentions, they might have been able to get SR to reveal the code then they snuck in when no one was home and stayed hidden until everyone was asleep.

Like you, I don't really think that happened, but it's possible.

I inferred, perhaps wrongly of course, that CP was holding Sebastian's SA over Seth's head because CP was using it to label Sebastian a pedophile and that's the reason he was giving for not wanting Sebastian to live in the same house with Faith.

Seth said that CP told Seth's mother that her grandson was a pedophile.

On another topic, just because KP says she passed her polygraph doesn't make it true. She certainly may have, but it's also possible that LE told her she passed when she didn't.
Lots of good points.

If CP thought SR was a pedophile, he would have good reason to want him out of the house when his daughter was there. Alternately, if he just didn't like the boy, he might have made that up to have an excuse not to have him around.

Also, KP's test could have been inclusive. I remember reading years ago that if someone taking a polygraph test could induce pain every time they answered a question—such as having tack in their shoes they could press a toe against—it would result in a chaotic chart that wouldn't indicate truth or dishonesty. I don't know if that's true, however.

The thing that bothers me in the Nancy Grace interview is CP when asked if he had been home since he left in early February. He said yes twice but then said only before he left in early February and when SR went missing. The question wasn't convoluted.
They, KP and CP, did the same thing when questioned about any outside lighting. Do you keep any exterior lights on at night? No. So no lights at all? No. Well there are two solar garden lights. So other than the solar lights no other lights are on? No. So the house is completely dark? Oh well there are two lights above the garage that are always on.
Ugh!

So is CP's hypothetical reasoning that Sebastian is a pedophile because... he was abused by a older boy when he himself was a child?
Seth said that he brought up the SA to SR's doctor last year. My hunch is that SR + puberty + boundary issues led to this discussion. Even KP mentioned that she would check on SR when he was younger but now that he is a teen age boy...

They, KP and CP, did the same thing when questioned about any outside lighting. Do you keep any exterior lights on at night? No. So no lights at all? No. Well there are two solar garden lights. So other than the solar lights no other lights are on? No. So the house is completely dark? Oh well there are two lights above the garage that are always on.
Ugh!
Yes that too. Then there's the "thud" from SR bedroom where told him to go back to bed. Then at some other point added that replied back to her when she asked if he was OK. When ever I hear a thud at home I check on my husband. It's instinctual. It always " I dropped my phone," but I still always check.

Yes that too. Then there's the "thud" from SR bedroom where told him to go back to bed. Then at some other point added that replied back to her when she asked if he was OK. When ever I hear a thud at home I check on my husband. It's instinctual. It always " I dropped my phone," but I still always check.
Yes this. I have kids ranging from 2 to 15, if I hear a thud, I check. Same for my 42 year old husband. It’s just what you do. And they do the same for me.

Also, everything I have read and heard has stated that the dogs have not picked up any scent of SR. So how does that make sense? Make it make sense for me. Because he didn’t walk out of that house. Especially barefoot. If he had, he would have left skin cells everywhere for the dogs to find. There was nothing. So how did he get out of the house?

Yes this. I have kids ranging from 2 to 15, if I hear a thud, I check. Same for my 42 year old husband. It’s just what you do. And they do the same for me.

Also, everything I have read and heard has stated that the dogs have not picked up any scent of SR. So how does that make sense? Make it make sense for me. Because he didn’t walk out of that house. Especially barefoot. If he had, he would have left skin cells everywhere for the dogs to find. There was nothing. So how did he get out of the house?
Seriously questioning if he was even home after his fun day of popcorn and bowling.

Agreed. It’s odd that they would put out such an old looking picture. <modsnip> I have not seen one video of him. That would be super helpful if he was still out there, to be able to see some of his mannerisms, hear his voice.
Honestly if I were a mom of a special needs 15 year old and I was innocent, I would send a picture where he looked a little younger/more vulnerable just to get awareness to the community for the urgency of the situation (woods, ponds, etc). If I were guilty I would report my 15 year old boy ran away because his phone was taken away and I would downplay any challenges he had and send a more mature picture of him. I don't think he walked out the door and got lost in the woods. But I also don't know if KP and CP did the unthinkable. Are they cringy with questionable parenting? Yes. Are they acting appropriately for having a missing kid? No.

Honestly if I were a mom of a special needs 15 year old and I was innocent, I would send a picture where he looked a little younger/more vulnerable just to get awareness to the community for the urgency of the situation (woods, ponds, etc). If I were guilty I would report my 15 year old boy ran away because his phone was taken away and I would downplay any challenges he had and send a more mature picture of him. I don't think he walked out the door and got lost in the woods. But I also don't know if KP and CP did the unthinkable. Are they cringy with questionable parenting? Yes. Are they acting appropriately for having a missing kid? No.
That is a good point. Younger pictures could get more community support because he looks more vulnerable. I see your point. The picture thing also isn’t just of KP. Seth has the ability to put pics and videos out as well.

May have a deadbolt. We don't know.

Maybe the thud was a suitcase from a closet shelf. And he decided to pack his belongings, not discard them.

I suspect that evening started like any other, a pattern of typical interactions but something went awry. I believe SR left the house in some sort of ultimatum fashion. "If you walk out that door..." A touch of earned defiance? Son to mother, Mr. Chris not there to enforce whatever punishment he may have sought fit.

We don't know what we don't know.

How many adults were home at 3/5am?

Is there a missing suitcase?

Are additional items missing?

Was anything recovered from the landfill?

Why was the trash receptacle heavier than expected?

Is there one event that could have changed the entire trajectory which resulted in SR's disappearance whereby he'd still be at home, very much alive?

All my own speculation.
The key code locks, the ones I've seen, have been deadbolts. FWIW

My office used to be in an old house. The attic was where our accounting records were stored and there was a set of stairs in a back bathroom that went up to a "trap door" that had a hinge on one side and you pushed it up to access the attic. There was an anchor with a rope tied to the door so when you opened it above your head, it would stay open.

I was taking a box up the stairs and pushed open the trap door above my head. Just then, the rope BROKE and the door came down on me and the anchor crashed into the floor. Luckily, my hand was on the door over my head and i was able to keep it from hitting me and only went down one or two steps, with the box of files in my hands.

Our new admin assistant never got up from her desk to check to see what the noise was! I walked into her office and said, "hey, did you just hear that big bang?" She says, "yeah, I heard it." I then said, "well, next time you hear that kind of noise, you really should go see where it came from" and proceeded to explain that I could have been hurt or dead.

Some people are oblivious!!!

My office used to be in an old house. The attic was where our accounting records were stored and there was a set of stairs in a back bathroom that went up to a "trap door" that had a hinge on one side and you pushed it up to access the attic. There was an anchor with a rope tied to the door so when you opened it above your head, it would stay open.

I was taking a box up the stairs and pushed open the trap door above my head. Just then, the rope BROKE and the door came down on me and the anchor crashed into the floor. Luckily, my hand was on the door over my head and i was able to keep it from hitting me and only went down one or two steps, with the box of files in my hands.

Our new admin assistant never got up from her desk to check to see what the noise was! I walked into her office and said, "hey, did you just hear that big bang?" She says, "yeah, I heard it." I then said, "well, next time you hear that kind of noise, you really should go see where it came from" and proceeded to explain that I could have been hurt or dead.

Some people are oblivious!!!
I will give that some people are oblivious to common decency. However I would hope family members, friends, or long term co-workers who care about you would have rushed to your aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637