AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the area around Sebastian's home has now been searched multiple times and as far as we know, not a trace of Sebastian has been found.

I just don't believe the kid walked out of the house barefoot, taking nothing, and escaped through terrain that would not be kind to bare feet without leaving anything behind, not even his scent.

He's a child not Houdini.

Sometimes people lie not because they did the unthinkable but because they are covering up for something they themselves perceive as wrong. SR in his interview pointed a lot of fingers at KP being neglectful. Perhaps she is. Perhaps she wasn't paying attention to Sebastian at all that evening. She was reading her book. She told him to take out the trash. He knew the code to the door. She just simply didn't check on him. I kept wondering what she had to gain by saying she heard a thud and then hearing his voice. IIRC, in her initial statements she recalls that he said goodnight and good night to the dogs when he went to bed at 9. In NG interview she moves this statement to 10 and adds the thud. I'm beginning to think it is possible that she wasn't on the couch. That she was in her bedroom on the phone not paying attention to her 15 y/o son. Sebastian could very well have forgotten to take out the trash, remembered, and did it much later than KP thinks he did. Maybe that was the thud. Sebastian remembering the trash and jumping out of bed. She states she never checked on him. If she was so absorbed in her studying and her hours long phone call in her bedroom she very well may not know at what time things occurred. I do not think it is a stretch to think he would have taken out the trash (especially if he was trying to do it quietly and not get in trouble) in his socks.

So now...why did Sebastian head to the construction site?

Could someone provide a source for Sebastian being verified at the construction site please?

Also. Seth said that Sebastian loved video games. But his backpack, phone, and Switch were all at the house.

Why would he run away with absolutely no way to play video games?
this bothers me more than the shoes. I've raised several boys, both gamers, the lack of technology is more disturbing to me than lack of shoes.

@burtstaggsnews

None of us know where #SebastianRogers is, theories and thoughts are fine but , post his picture with them. Because there are literally people in his own community that don't know he is missing

1712335476762.png

9:08 AM · Apr 5, 2024 from Tennessee, USA

Contact info:

@TBInvestigation

An Endangered Child Alert has been issued for 15yo Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers on behalf of the Sumner Co. SO.He was seen earlier today near Stafford Court in Hendersonville wearing a black sweatshirt, black sweatpants & glasses.Tips? SCSO at 615-451-3838 or 1-800-TBI-FIND.

This pains me to write, because I feel that Sebastian didnt leave the house on this own and I hope he is alive.

However is there any chance he wanted to end his life, not grasping the finality of such action. I have absolutely no knowledge of 1, how teenager living with autism processes mental health struggles 2. if this is something that may have affected Sebastian.

His home life can only be told through by C&K. But one thing that jumped out at me is when Seth said that hearing the Proudfoots talk about him was if they were talking about him at 4/5years old. Maybe his home life so stressful, with a constant need to comply and generally a lonely place that it made him regress to a much younger age. Take that then apply it over an extended period of years could lead to trauma. What if life had truly become unbearable for him and he couldn't conceptualize when moving in with dad would actually happen (Seth talked about Sebastian not having concept of time).

Was there one final moment that made him decide enough was enough?

JMO

This pains me to write, because I feel that Sebastian didnt leave the house on this own and I hope he is alive.

However is there any chance he wanted to end his life, not grasping the finality of such action. I have absolutely no knowledge of 1, how teenager living with autism processes mental health struggles 2. if this is something that may have affected Sebastian.
My son is ASD Level 1 and struggles with mental health issues. He is very self aware and knows he is different and hates it. He has been bullied and not accepted and made fun of for no other reason other than he is quirky and unique. He suffers from depression as a result and has expressed thoughts of being dead. He sees a therapist to help him cope.

I do not know if Sebastian has the same struggles but I feel that if that was the case he would have been found already.
MOO

His home life can only be told through by C&K. But one thing that jumped out at me is when Seth said that hearing the Proudfoots talk about him was if they were talking about him at 4/5years old. Maybe his home life so stressful, with a constant need to comply and generally a lonely place that it made him regress to a much younger age. Take that then apply it over an extended period of years could lead to trauma. What if life had truly become unbearable for him and he couldn't conceptualize when moving in with dad would actually happen (Seth talked about Sebastian not having concept of time).

Was there one final moment that made him decide enough was enough?

JMO
That's a distinct possibility.
This paper suggests that youth on the autism spectrum do commonly experience suicidal thoughts and behaviors: The Phenomenology and Clinical Correlates of Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders

[...]
Suicidal thoughts and behaviors were associated with the presence of depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. Overall, results suggest that suicidal thoughts and behaviors are common in youth with ASD, and may be related to depression and trauma.
[...]

But with that said... where is he? We're still left with the lack of a body if he did, in fact, leave his home that night with the intent to self-harm. :(

My son is ASD Level 1 and struggles with mental health issues. He is very self aware and knows he is different and hates it. He has been bullied and not accepted and made fun of for no other reason other than he is quirky and unique. He suffers from depression as a result and has expressed thoughts of being dead. He sees a therapist to help him cope.

I do not know if Sebastian has the same struggles but I feel that if that was the case he would have been found already.
MOO
Bless your son. I hope he finds an accepting group of friends who not only accept but enjoy his quirkiness & uniqueness.

Something to consider:

Something did happen. Several somethings.

SR had a very full day with a lot of peopling. Easy to imagine both mother and child at capacity.

Where, if everyone would simply have gone to bed, this thread wouldn't exist.

It is possible that SR took out the trash. Or decided to run away with trash bag luggage. In other words, left the house with shoes and his switch and whatever else he valued.

It's possible those items made it back home. Just without him.

Sanitized to erase running away. Sanitized to erase questionable discipline.

With no alternate theory. He evaporated for no reason at all. Took nothing, was going nowhere for no reason.

There is no way to make that make sense.

JMO

That's a distinct possibility.
This paper suggests that youth on the autism spectrum do commonly experience suicidal thoughts and behaviors: The Phenomenology and Clinical Correlates of Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders

[...]
Suicidal thoughts and behaviors were associated with the presence of depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. Overall, results suggest that suicidal thoughts and behaviors are common in youth with ASD, and may be related to depression and trauma.
[...]

But with that said... where is he? We're still left with the lack of a body if he did, in fact, leave his home that night with the intent to self-harm. :(

Thank you for your personal perspective. Much appreciated, it is a delicate topic for many, especially in children.

I can’t find which meds he was taking, doe anyone remember?
I am curious to find out his meds could contribute at all to any dark thoughts?

Does KP and CP have any friends? Loners? Only family? Neighbors like them? No one coming out to be with them? I cannot imagine being cooped up in a camper together. Hopefully they are being watched closely. They afraid of house being bugged?

Another thing. SR, according to KP, took the trash out that night - Sunday. Scent dogs would have tracked that.
After the nothing burger update this week, one of the reporters (Nick B ch5?) asked about LE releasing video of Sebastian taking out the trash. IDK if he was saying there is video or if he was trying to get the LEO to admit there is or is not video. Whichever it’s still annoying.

Does KP and CP have any friends? Loners? Only family? Neighbors like them? No one coming out to be with them? I cannot imagine being cooped up in a camper together. Hopefully they are being watched closely. They afraid of house being bugged?
No one from their side has made any comments. No neighbors had the typical comments we usually hear 'such a sweet boy and family, I hope they can find him'. ?

After the nothing burger update this week, one of the reporters (Nick B ch5?) asked about LE releasing video of Sebastian taking out the trash. IDK if he was saying there is video or if he was trying to get the LEO to admit there is or is not video. Whichever it’s still annoying.
I missed that question. Hmm, could be either but yep it's still annoying.

Our new admin assistant never got up from her desk to check to see what the noise was! I walked into her office and said, "hey, did you just hear that big bang?" She says, "yeah, I heard it." I then said, "well, next time you hear that kind of noise, you really should go see where it came from" and proceeded to explain that I could have been hurt or dead.

Some people are oblivious!!!
My husband is like your AA. I read a story about a young woman who had a stroke while in the shower. Her husband heard her fall & investigated, saving her life. I realized if that happened to me I would die. It took a long time for me to convince him he needed to think about things like this! Fortunately he has other redeeming qualities. Some people are just oblivious.

When we were kids my mother said the exact same thing as KP. “I don’t care what you are doing in there, whatever it is stop and go to sleep!” But, there were 2 of us, so if one had been hurt the other would’ve let her know, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb