VA VA - Doswell, MultipleMale 25-45, UP6245, wooded area, clothes/boots, jewelry w/Lucy 4/14/75, Feb'82

Romulus

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

Original

Found in a wooded area on the east side of I-95 N of Doswell, VA .

Hopefully some of the folks on this website that are talented at searching through databases might be able to find possible identities for this case.

The clues are quite intriguing:

- 18 Karat Gold ring manufactured in Miami inscribed with "Lucy" and "4/14/75"

- Seiko watch that told the days of the week in Spanish (it only says Spanish on namus, but in the article shared says it does so in both Spanish and English) which was not sold in the United States that was stopped on Sunday November 29, 1982.

-Gold crucifix and chain

- Green or Blue (namus says the former, article from 1983 says the latter) the teeshirt reading "Someone went to FLORIDA and all I got was a [or this] lousy t-shirt" (namus says the former, the article from 1983 saying the latter)

-New tan cowboy boots

-Found "in a wooded area on the east side of I-95 N of Doswell, Hanover County VA" which would fit if he (or those transporting his body) were traveling from Florida

4 Exclusions
MP4087 Clarence Dellis 01/25/1980 Orleans LA
David Paul Lopez FL
Tim Foltz NC
Daniel Fogg VA

There are decent photos of his clothing/jewelry on NamUs. I’m not real sure where to even look. Florida? Virginia? Somewhere in between?

Even with a date and first name it’s difficult without a last name or place.

I’ve been looking through newspapers for a missing person report. It occurred to me, maybe Lucy hasn’t come forward because Lucy can’t come forward. Maybe she’s a Doe somewhere. Just a thought.

I’m not real sure where to even look. Florida? Virginia? Somewhere in between?

I know, He could have been traveling from Florida and bought the t-shirt himself or traveling to Florida to meet someone who had sent him the t-shirt or he could have nothing to do with Florida and got the shirt second hand.

Maybe Rogelio Ramon Rodriguez who was last seen in Miami in 1981 after arriving from Cuba during the mariel boat lift? No mention of him being married but his NamUs page is pretty sparse so I'm not ruling him out based on that. Also all the UIDs he has been compared with are from VA so that makes me think that maybe it was thought he was traveling there.

I know, He could have been traveling from Florida and bought the t-shirt himself or traveling to Florida to meet someone who had sent him the t-shirt or he could have nothing to do with Florida and got the shirt second hand.

Maybe Rogelio Ramon Rodriguez who was last seen in Miami in 1981 after arriving from Cuba during the mariel boat lift? No mention of him being married but his NamUs page is pretty sparse so I'm not ruling him out based on that. Also all the UIDs he has been compared with are from VA so that makes me think that maybe it was thought he was traveling there.
He looks good actually. Let me see what, if anything, I can find on him.

A couple of years ago Virginia compared all of their UIDs in NamUs with all the MPs (or something like that). So almost every MP will have several VA UID. ETA: and vice versa.

I was also thinking maybe the date in the ring isn't a marriage date but a death date. Like the UID and Lucy got married but some time later Lucy died so he got her name and death date engraved in his wedding ring. IDK if that's a thing but it could explain why Lucy didn't come forward.

I was also thinking maybe the date in the ring isn't a marriage date but a death date. Like the UID and Lucy got married but some time later Lucy died so he got her name and death date engraved in his wedding ring. IDK if that's a thing but it could explain why Lucy didn't come forward.

I think it is indeed his wedding ring but he may have been estranged from Lucy and still wearing the ring out of habit.

Or Lucy is in another state and DID report him missing but since he was an adult, nothing happened.
And now she is deceased or not internet savy and cannot see the posts here

VIRGINIA STATE POLICE – DIVISION ONE – CASE: 90-18700​

ABOUT THE CASE:​

On February 23, 1982, at approximately 10:00 a.m., the partially decomposed body of a human male was located by state highway workers in a wooded area along 1-95 near exit 98 in Hanover County Virginia. Due to the high degree of decomposition, facial identification could not be made. No wallet or other items were located on or near the body that provided clues as to his identity. The body was clothed in a blue/green T-shirt, white sweater, underwear, brown socks and brown cowboy boots. The victim was also wearing a gold chain with a gold crucifix, a "Seiko" wristwatch and an 18K gold wedding band. The wedding band was engraved with, "LUCY 4-14-75" and what is described as a jeweler's mark, "TJI". An autopsy was performed and it was apparent that the victim had died from multiple gunshot wounds to the head and chest. The victim was estimated to be between 25 and 45 years of age. Approximately 145 to 190lbs. The estimated time of death is believed to around November 1981. ViCAP # 2013VSP00042 NAMUS # UP6245

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back