AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for posting some things without sources or references to videos that are not allowed. This is the first case that has really grabbed me in a couple of years and I am ignorant or rusty with the rules. Sorry and I will try to be more careful and attentive. #ashamed
IMOO I no longer think KP or CP directly did anything.

Wiping away tears, he said that, while the 15-year-old never communicated signs of abuse, he told him he didn’t want to go home to Hendersonville.

“I’ve asked him, ‘why don’t you want to go back?’” Mr Rogers told the podcast host. “He wouldn’t tell me, he didn’t say why, he just said he didn’t want to go back.”
Sebastian Rogers’ father reveals son told him he didn’t want to go home

I will give that some people are oblivious to common decency. However I would hope family members, friends, or long term co-workers who care about you would have rushed to your aid.
You'd think so anyway! This woman was new, it was literally one of her first days working there. Needless to say, she didn't work there very long.

Wiping away tears, he said that, while the 15-year-old never communicated signs of abuse, he told him he didn’t want to go home to Hendersonville.

“I’ve asked him, ‘why don’t you want to go back?’” Mr Rogers told the podcast host. “He wouldn’t tell me, he didn’t say why, he just said he didn’t want to go back.”
Sebastian Rogers’ father reveals son told him he didn’t want to go home
As much support as I feel for Seth, this is one thing that bothers me. I would be looking into that. Not dismissing it.

Keep it simple…… MOO
KP Drinks, stressed out, marriage bad, affair, temper, lack of protection to child.
CP controlling, narcissist, marriage bad, flirts, affairs, divorces seem not to bother him, abusive, doesn’t seem to like kids.
With parents like this no wonder something happened to an innocent.

I didn't read through the last four pages before posting, so forgive me if it's been previously stated- but I wonder if the child that SA'd Sebastian also had special needs of some sort and that was the real reason for not prosecuting. A lot of, mainly well-intentioned, prosecutors I've dealt with in my work with folks with disabilities have gotten it stuck in their heads that kids with special needs "didn't mean to", "didn't understand", therefore they believe can't be prosecuted, so they don't try. This gets into a whole greater conversation about criminal culpability that is way above my pay grade, but the short version is: It wouldn't surprise me if a prosecutor decided that an older child with special needs could not or should not be prosecuted, whether or not the child has the cognitive capability to commit a crime or not. I'm feeling like I'm completely botching my wording here, so please feel free to ask me to clarify.

They, KP and CP, did the same thing when questioned about any outside lighting. Do you keep any exterior lights on at night? No. So no lights at all? No. Well there are two solar garden lights. So other than the solar lights no other lights are on? No. So the house is completely dark? Oh well there are two lights above the garage that are always on.
Ugh!
The first time they were asked prior to Nancy Grace they didn’t mention the flood lights, just the solar lights in her garden. The picture of their house that is floating around shows two flood lights over the garage doors, the lights are on, during the day. Those lights would light up that side of the house. If anyone has a doorbell camera or security camera that faces their house they should show who took out the trash and who took the trash can to the street.

In the long interview two nights ago Seth commented about how dark the house was.

The first time they were asked prior to Nancy Grace they didn’t mention the flood lights, just the solar lights in her garden. The picture of their house that is floating around shows two flood lights over the garage doors, the lights are on, during the day. Those lights would light up that side of the house. If anyone has a doorbell camera or security camera that faces their house they should show who took out the trash and who took the trash can to the street.

In the long interview two nights ago Seth commented about how dark the house was.
They eventually mentioned them in the NG interview. My point was it took 97 questions to answer a straight forward question.
I also think it's been mentioned that the whole neighborhood is pretty dark.

Fri, April 5, 2024 at 12:41 PM EDT

Forty days into the search for missing autistic teenager Sebastian Rogers in Tennessee, Sebastian Roger's father, Seth Rogers, gave a new interview on Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.

Sebastian was living with Katie Proudfoot and her husband Chris Proudfoot when he disappeared overnight on 25 February.

In an interview last month, the Proudfoots were questioned about a report that the stepdad had once hit Sebastian with a belt. Mr Proudfoot said the incident happened a few years ago as a result of the boy lying to him.

As part of the current police investigation, Ms Proudfoot said she had taken and passed a polygraph test, while Mr Proudfoot had not taken one.

As much support as I feel for Seth, this is one thing that bothers me. I would be looking into that. Not dismissing it.

Some people, children as well, can clam up and aren’t able to speak about traumatic events out loud to anyone. I am one of those people, all the love and support in the world wouldn’t get me to open up even to experiences even from 35 years ago. It is an awful trait to have because it is emotionally debilitating. But it is what it is.

Seth knew he has unhappy and a plan was/is in place for him to go and live with Seth at the beginning of summer and Seth had already enrolled him in school. The only hurdle was KP. Seth conversations were with CP who had to get KP on board. I can’t fault Seth, but he obviously didn’t realize how urgent the situation was. And that will haunt him for a very very long time.

Some people, children as well, can clam up and aren’t able to speak about traumatic events out loud to anyone. I am one of those people, all the love and support in the world wouldn’t get me to open up even to experiences even from 35 years ago. It is an awful trait to have because it is emotionally debilitating. But it is what it is.

Seth knew he has unhappy and a plan was/is in place for him to go and live with Seth at the beginning of summer and Seth had already enrolled him in school. The only hurdle was KP. Seth conversations were with CP who had to get KP on board. I can’t fault Seth, but he obviously didn’t realize how urgent the situation was. And that will haunt him for a very very long time.
I get what you’re saying. I guess I’m just trying to put myself in that position and thinking about what I would do if my child said that to me.

As I said, I have nothing but support for Seth. Just my opinion.

They eventually mentioned them in the NG interview. My point was it took 97 questions to answer a straight forward question.
I also think it's been mentioned that the whole neighborhood is pretty dark.
Yes, I got that. But it was another answer that changed/evolved. They had been asked about outdoor lighting before Nancy Grace and said the only lights were the solar lights in the garden. NG asked and it took 97 answers to give the right/complete answer. Those flood lights are bright! They would light up that side of their house. He says they are on all the time, the picture I saw of their house taken during the day, the lights are on.

So, why did Seth comment that their house was so dark? He was angry, he was inferring something. MOO

I get what you’re saying. I guess I’m just trying to put myself in that position and thinking about what I would do if my child said that to me.

As I said, I have nothing but support for Seth. Just my opinion.

Maybe Sebastian didn’t tell Seth because he thought he would be in trouble and disciplined by CP for ‘telling lies’.

Confiding to a teacher (a mandatory reporter) seemingly got him nowhere and CPS failed to inform the allegations to Seth. Seth had no idea CP was using corporal punishment until watching the interview with CP/KP.

Hindsight can be brutal.

I am struck over and over by how young Sebastian looks in his Amber Alert photo compared to obviously more recent photos we've seen.
They did that in the Rudi Farias case to make it difficult for people to actually recognize him, and it kinda work.

If there’s any weight to Seth’s belief that Sebastian is hidden somewhere with someone they know, it could be what they’re trying to pull off here.

W
They did that in the Rudi Farias case to make it difficult for people to actually recognize him, and it kinda work.

If there’s any weight to Seth’s belief that Sebastian is hidden somewhere with someone they know, it could be what they’re trying to pull off here.

I wonder how far away he would have to be taken before he was out of an area where he might be recognized. I know there's been almost no publicity up here in New England.

W

I wonder how far away he would have to be taken before he was out of an area where he might be recognized. I know there's been almost no publicity up here in New England.
Rudi Farias lived in his own house all these years people thought he was missing, pretending to be a cousin that came from out of town, iirc.

So who knows? Sebastian could be with C&KP in their camper, for all we know. MOO

No one from their side has made any comments. No neighbors had the typical comments we usually hear 'such a sweet boy and family, I hope they can find him'. ?
We are starting to sound like You Tube. I know people are wanting to sleuth the family, but I keep thinking back to the Idaho murders where people were blaming all these different people (including the boyfriend) and then out of the blue they arrest BK! He wasn’t on anyone’s radar and no one had ever heard of them. I am waiting for LE on this case!

Well there was that Proudfoot family rv headed to Alaska two days after Sebastian went missing…

We are starting to sound like You Tube. I know people are wanting to sleuth the family, but I keep thinking back to the Idaho murders where people were blaming all these different people (including the boyfriend) and then out of the blue they arrest BK! He wasn’t on anyone’s radar and no one had ever heard of them. I am waiting for LE on this case!
You and me both. I have had my suspicions on ALL of the parents but I've never landed on solid ground with any one of them TBH. I fear where this case will go. Unanswered or a horrific discovery. I absolutely hate the YT bickering aspect of this case BTW. It's ugly and not productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat