NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

While investigating the disappearance of now approximately 17-year-old Blake Deven, investigators learned of an additional missing relative, London.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/london-deven

welp, if the FBI is to be believed, London is not the reason authorities discovered Blake is missing so that shoots my theory all to heck. So now I am back to wondering what exactly spurred the the undiscussed original investigation which revealed Blake missing and later revealed London as missing?? sigh very frustrating to have no idea what is happening with this case.

These statements confuse me as to why there has been such alarm raised re: missing children, because what both social service agencies describe in their statements appear to be fairly normal processes as foster care and adoption from foster care go.
The bio family may feel slighted by what initially occurred, and obviously as we all know, social services has less than stellar record for always being on top of childrens’ safety, but there must be some other reason (aside from the bio family losing track after adoption) for the significant involvement and concern raised by law enforcement now.
Bio mom didn't report Blake missing, though. See the BBM below.

Felicia Chandler, Blake's biological mother, said it was painful enough to put her son into foster care. Chandler said Blake was placed into foster care because of abuse allegations, which she denies.
Chandler said she only discovered her son was missing in February, when the Fayetteville Police Department notified her.
….
The Madison County Department of Social Services released a statement:
"The Madison County Department of Social Services had placed in its custody in February 2011, a child, Blake Julian Trenton Deven, who is subject of an investigation by the Fayetteville Police Department. In May 2011, Blake Deven was placed in a foster home located in Buncombe County through a licensed private child placing agency. He remained in the foster home and was adopted in July 2013. It is my understanding that the family moved to Cumberland County in 2015."
The Cumberland County Department of Social Services also sent a statement to WRAL News:
"Cumberland County had no history or involvement with these children or family prior to the current report. We are working in conjunction with law enforcement as it relates to this matter. We are equally concerned about the safety and well-being of these children and will continue to aid law enforcement in their efforts."

I am not saying this is what happened here but what if these children were rambunctious/hard to handle kids and the adoptive parents had an "adoption disruption."
This is horrible.

Fayetteville police discuss for missing teen boy and possible female relative

police update

ETA breakdown
London was discovered to be not present in the home while investigating Blake's absence. LE is correcting London's age. She would be 27 years old at this time, not 28 as was previously reported. A search warrant was executed by FBI at a home the Deven family used to live today in hopes of locating any evidence. The family who lives in that home now was cooperative with the search and have no connection at all to this investigation or the Deven family.

These are unusual MP cases. Our investigation didn't start with a 911 call. Blake and London have been missing for years. This will be a complex investigation and will likely take time. Detectives are piecing together a timeline of events and seeking information from anyone who has interacted with or made observations of Blake or London at any time, any interaction of any kind no matter how recent or how old are significant to this case.

There has been a lot of questions about the relationship between Blake and London and the Deven family, including questions about whether they were adopted of foster children. Please understand legally we cannot comment on whether there was an adoption or foster placement at this time. I know that everyone in our community has more questions than answers right now. Please understand the Fayettesville PD and FBI remain committed to finding out what happened to these two young people and the public release of investigative details in not in the best interest of finding Blake and London.

I can tell you the Deven family moved to the Fayetteville area in 2015. We are asking the public to think back over this long period of time and if anyone came in contact with Blake or London or other members of the family we want to hear from you. We know that everyone wants to help us. One way the public can help is to share official information on social media like the FBI posters and the Fayettesville PD posts. If you have local businesses, print out the posters of Blake and London and hang them on your door, like we have here at the FPD.

He then opened up the floor for questions from the media

Q. can you give us a timeline on when he, the child was missing, to the extent that when you found out about it and where we are now in terms of looking for both of them, because the reports came out days after each other that they were missing

A. As I stated, we are asking for any time since we've established they have been in fayettesville since about 2015. Any information will help us piece together the empty spaces in our timeline. That is what we are looking for to help locate Blake and London

Q. 1 follow up question - How did this conversation come about? It's my understanding the way you reported it, you were conducting a separate investigation and then all ofa sudden we find out a child is missing. Is that something where your investigators said "hey, have you seen Blake?" or did the family member just all of a sudden just volunteer that information to you?

A. so, we are trying to determine how these these people have been missing. we want people to stay focused on getting us the information that can help us piece together that timeline and help locate Blake Deven. It's not something I can give you a definitive answer on right now.

Last edited:
A quick search of FB for Blake Deven missing and you will find a supposed family member that explains what happened.
He isn't listed in NAMUS yet. I hope Deven is found alive and well.
According to this report, 3 different locations were searched for Deven. Authorities know a lot more than what they're releasing to the public.
That takes you down a wild and crazy rabbit hole. Being lost in plain sight. So many eyes on him and no one paying attention.

Lots of important stuff in there. Repeated pleas for public help to fill out the timeline.

This jumped out at me. From the transcript of the q&a portion: "I understand that it was a Walmart location that's listed on Blake's uh police report for his missing person's case as in the location where the incident was was filed. Is that correct? Uh uh The Walmart location was there is some information that may be the last [seen] location for London as well. No, that's for Blake alone."

Q &A cont.

Q. I understand that it was a Walmart location information that is listed on Blake's police report for his missing persons case. as in the location where the incident was first filed, is that correct?

A. The walmart location was, there is some information that may be the last seen location.

Q. for Blake or for London as well?

A. No, for Blake alone.

Q. Can you say where the Deven family is now or if they are cooperating with you? {EXCELLENT QUESTION!}

A {hesitation/search for words}
I can say this about the Deven family, through regular contact with family member we are following leads based on information they've provided and we really appreciate their cooperation. {MOO indication they are talking to LE but their stories aren't adding up but LE wants them to keep "cooperating"}

Q. You are investigating this here, we've talked with the mother who is not in this county, you have the FBI involved here so this clearly crosses either county lines or state lines, where di the child end up with whatever parent or whatever they were? Did that involve Cumberland County Social Services at all or another county's social services?

A. I can tell you why the FBI has investigated more missing persons than any other agency out there that I know of. They have assets and resources that we do not have. I can't say any further as to why or what further participation they have at this time.

Q. Can the FBI talk to us?

(someone off camera says they are not here/or prepared to)

Q. can you tell us anything about why you know, in Blake's case it's reported that he was last seen in 2022 but the family came to you and said he was missing in January of this year?

A. So, remember, that's what I said, we are trying to piece together a timeline. we're taking the information we are seeing from all different sources and trying to put a factual timeline together. So, again, that is why we're asking for the public's help locating Blake and London with anybody having information over the last several years, so again, it's about putting that timeline together.

Q. Chief, you've got two kids here who have been missing for some time now. There's got to be some accountability somewhere, either with the Dept. of social services somewhere, with a foster parent, or with original parents, how come we don't have any suspects or arrests in this case with children that have been missing for such a long period of time?

A. So, again, we are piecing that timeline together, as we complete, or conduct that investigation that timeline will come more clear to us. You will probably see updates from us in future about anything that results based on information that we have requested from the public. {chief is fumbling, trying not to give away too much that he isn't supposed to ie. Deven family and their story not adding up them "cooperating" MOO}

Q. Do you have any persons of uh . .

A. nothing at this time, I'll take 1 more question

Q. can you comment on any of the three locations that were searched the police and the FBI prior to this press conference?

A. All I can say is they are active investigations and we are conducting our searches of those places as part of that ongoing investigation into Blake and London's disappearance.

My take away is that LE has no clue when Blake and London were actually last seen by anyone outside of whoever they have been speaking to within the Deven family.

They don't even begin to know where to look and need the public to come forward to help them tighten the timeline so they WILL know where to even begin to search.

I am so sad right now. I followed Erica Parsons. I see very clearly where this is going and I could just cry.

."
This article has information from the Madison County Department of Social Services saying they received custody of Blake in early 2011. He “was placed in a foster home located in Buncombe County through a licensed private child placing agency. He remained in the foster home and was adopted in July 2013. It is my understanding that the family moved to Cumberland County in 2015."

A private agency placed him for adoption. From foster care, it sounds like.

I'm getting the impression from the 2nd portion of the Q&A (thanks for transcribing that, @tlcya !)
that it's perhsps an extended family member who is providing credible info/details to LE or one of the other minor or adult children from the adoptive home perhaps vs the adoptive parent(s) themselves? No one reported either of these two as missing at the time they actually went missing- the only reasons I can come up with for failing to do so at the time are:

1. being involved in the disappearances

2. being involved in something else and not wanting that discovered during an unrelated missing person investigation

3. indifference / simply not caring about the safety, well-being of these two and whether or not they are missing.

any other ideas?

This case gives me Elwyn and Mary Crocker vibes.
Yeah, massively. Them and Jasmine and Nicole Snyder are all I've been thinking about. LE need to start digging up some backyards, IMO.

Last seen at a Walmart on Ramsey Street in 2022.
I'm thinking there may be more adopted young people and that information comes from them? Since two of her adopted kids are now missing I don't see LE trusting whatever she has to tell them atm.

Last seen at a Walmart on Ramsey Street in 2022.
I'm thinking there may be more adopted young people and that information comes from them? Since two of her adopted kids are now missing I don't see LE trusting whatever she has to tell them atm.
There are more adopted siblings. The birth mom has done news interviews on FB.
She lost rights to 3 sons who were adopted with Blake being the oldest of the 3.
The fb page for Chris Lovingood at WRAL has posted an interview with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back