AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am super uncomfortable with the SA details having been released to the public. I totally understand Seth's frustrations with his ex, with the stepfather, with the lack of leads in the investigation into his son's disappearance. But man I wish he had kept that little tidbit to himself. if Sebastian is found alive, that info is now out there and can't be recalled. :( I cannot imagine any child wanting the world to know about that event.

For that reason, I am not going to speculate about that past event or if Seth should or should not have done anything differently. Quite frankly, Sebastian having been victimized by another minor in CA when aged 7 is simply not relevant to the question we are faced with right now - WHERE IS SEBASTIAN?
Why would it make you uncomfortable that this information is no longer a secret? It's a shame that victims of SA are made to feel like the world knowing the truth is a bad thing. As a victim of SA myself being forced by society to think that speaking up about SA will look bad on them when in fact speaking up about it is the only way to hopefully help put a stop to so many people being SA. We shouldn't look bad for what happened to us, the ones that abused us should look bad for their actions.

Why would it make you uncomfortable that this information is no longer a secret? It's a shame that victims of SA are made to feel like the world knowing the truth is a bad thing. As a victim of SA myself being forced by society to think that speaking up about SA will look bad on them when in fact speaking up about it is the only way to hopefully help put a stop to so many people being SA. We shouldn't look bad for what happened to us, the ones that abused us should look bad for their actions.
It should be Sebastian's choice to release that information and nobody else. MOO

I don't know about that specific case, but I do know of a case where the prosecuting attorney refused to prosecute a 30-year-old woman who lured underage boys to her home for sex. He said a jury would likely not find her guilty because boys are boys...

Prosecutors have a lot of leeway in what they charge, and if they don't think they can win, they don't do it.

JMOO
Not trying to make it personal, but I do want to add, I experienced SA by an extended family member as a child and ultimately my parents decided not to move forward with charges, because the police told them that while yes, they could press charges, because it was his first offense the punishment would be mild in comparison to the trauma I would endure of testifying in detail in court. This was the 90’s though and things are handled differently now and taken more seriously I think, but it happens.

It doesn't make Sebastian look bad, it makes the other kid look bad.
(The other kid is ironically, the one with the privacy & safety of anonymity/remaining nameless in this btw, not Sebastian)

However, when you have been the victim of something horrible like that, you may consider that a private matter that you don't want shared at all or under terms which are not your own.

Many people feel their own CONSENSUAL sexual lives, acts, behaviors & histories are a private matter which do not need to be discussed openly- so it's not a stretch to also assume that some victims don't want to be forced to share/discuss their non-consensual sexual history, and others should not share it with the public or with anyone without that victim's consent.

It's not about shaming a victim- it's about providing a victim privacy & control.

My opinion only.

Last edited:
It should be Sebastian's choice to release that information and nobody else. MOO
This. It's like being outed and too many times they do it to embarrass and humiliate the victim. Or use it to imply that is why one is/are damaged or give a reason for behavior. "Well, you know he was sexually abused". No amount of reassurance will take away the automatic feelings of shame, it's no one else's secret to tell or retell if it is disclosed to someone. it is not the "releasing or freeing of shame" that some describe. The same goes for consensual acts that should remain private. I'm uncomfortable that it was displayed in this victim's thread.

I think it's reasonable he did walk out the front door.

Precedence for taking out the trash.

Precedence for throwing away anything of his he hadn't put away.

Perhaps he got locked out, felt locked out, felt hopeless without his belongings, left with his belongings... running away, running to.... wanting his dad.

And didn't get far.

JMO

This post has me convinced that regardless of what LE was searching for in the landfill, they at least recovered the household trash from the day of Sebastian's disappearance. If they interviewed CP about what belongings of Sebastian's he threw out, then those same items should've been recovered if the trash bags were at least somewhat intact at the landfill. If there were items CP says he pitched, like say a favorite hoodie, that were *not* found in the bags recovered at the landfill, and those items weren't found hidden at the house, that suggests to me that he might've somehow recovered them and left with them.

Maybe the thud was a suitcase from a closet shelf. And he decided to pack his belongings, not discard them.

I suspect that evening started like any other, a pattern of typical interactions but something went awry. I believe SR left the house in some sort of ultimatum fashion. "If you walk out that door..." A touch of earned defiance? Son to mother, Mr. Chris not there to enforce whatever punishment he may have sought fit.

We don't know what we don't know.

How many adults were home at 3/5am?

Is there a missing suitcase?

Are additional items missing?

Was anything recovered from the landfill?

Why was the trash receptacle heavier than expected?

All my own speculation.

RTBM. A second great post! I do remember sneaking out once as a kid to retrieve a toy that had been thrown out by my folks, not because of harsh parenting but a mistake on their part, and I stowed the bag outside, retrieved the toy in daylight, and snuck the bag back into the next week's trash, with no one the wiser.

Maybe a scenario where Sebastian masterminded such a "rescue" of his stuff, then replaced it with something heavy of CP's in the trash can (either as payback or just to make the bag/can appear full), and he stowed his belongings in the house or tried to leave with them?

This post has me convinced that regardless of what LE was searching for in the landfill, they at least recovered the household trash from the day of Sebastian's disappearance. If they interviewed CP about what belongings of Sebastian's he threw out, then those same items should've been recovered if the trash bags were at least somewhat intact at the landfill. If there were items CP says he pitched, like say a favorite hoodie, that were *not* found in the bags recovered at the landfill, and those items weren't found hidden at the house, that suggests to me that he might've somehow recovered them and left with them.

RTBM. A second great post! I do remember sneaking out once as a kid to retrieve a toy that had been thrown out by my folks, not because of harsh parenting but a mistake on their part, and I stowed the bag outside, retrieved the toy in daylight, and snuck the bag back into the next week's trash, with no one the wiser.

Maybe a scenario where Sebastian masterminded such a "rescue" of his stuff, then replaced it with something heavy of CP's in the trash can (either as payback or just to make the bag/can appear full), and he stowed his belongings in the house or tried to leave with them?
IIRC that punishment was supposed to have happened before that Sunday, like not recently. Of course I could be wrong and honestly at this point who knows.

Have you guys seen whatever people are saying is KP’s response to the interview with Seth? And apparently he made a response to her response…

I just saw the thumbnails floating on my YT recommended but haven’t watched any of them.

It's a matter of allowing the survivor to own and be in control of when and with whom their story is shared, as well as by whom. That's SR's story to share or not share. imoo

Welp, for anyone who's interested, here's where I am right now. MOO of course

1. No way Sebastian voluntarily walked out of that house on his own, barefoot, with only a keychain flashlight, and has singlehandedly managed to leave zero trace of himself detectable by dogs, and as far as has been reported recently, by all the personnel conducting apparent grid searches in the vicinity of his home.

2. Nor did he walk out voluntarily leaving behind all of the devices that enabled him to play the video games he loved.

3. Chris and Katie have told wildly differing stories. They look sus as erf to me but I can't for the life of me figure out how they could have disappeared Sebastian without LE finding any evidence of that by now. Yes, I realize that LE knows much more than what is publicly known.

4. Or what logical reason they would have had for disappearing him.

Last edited:
Not trying to make it personal, but I do want to add, I experienced SA by an extended family member as a child and ultimately my parents decided not to move forward with charges, because the police told them that while yes, they could press charges, because it was his first offense the punishment would be mild in comparison to the trauma I would endure of testifying in detail in court. This was the 90’s though and things are handled differently now and taken more seriously I think, but it happens.
Sadly, I think that's common. I feel bad for any child and their parents who must make a tough decision like that. Like being assaulted all over again...

I'm so sorry you went through that. Did you feel the same way about it? Were you ready to let it go—or let the family handle it—to end the matter?

Welp, for anyone who's interested, here's where I am right now. MOO of course

1. No way Sebastian voluntarily walked out of that house on his own, barefoot, with only a keychain flashlight, and has singlehandedly managed to leave zero trace of himself detectable by dogs, and as far as has been reported recently, by all the personnel conducting apparent grid searches in the vicinity of his home.

2. Nor did he walk out voluntarily leaving behind all of the devices that enabled him to play the video games he loved.

3. Chris and Katie have told wildly differing stories. They look sus as erf to me but I can't for the life of me figure out how they could have disappeared Sebastian without LE finding any evidence of that by now. Yes, I realize that LE knows much more than what is publicly known.

4. Or what logical reason they would have had for disappearing him.
You nail it in numbers 1 and 2. That really is the crux of the issue, and I think it's very difficult to logically dispute any of what you say there.

But, I'm not sure LE has a handle on this or that they have much evidence. If they do, they're moving like molasses. Their actions have been disorganized and chaotic (MOO). They accuse social media (forums like this) of spreading disinformation, but they don't seem to understand that social media reacts to an information vacuum.

I think LE is feeling the heat now that this case is getting national attention. The public isn't accepting their pressers. LE has no control over the situation, and a battle is brewing between the various parents of the child and playing out in the public sector. Independent social media influencers are drawn to this case, making it even tougher for LE.

I think someday (maybe it's already happening), LE will be better trained in dealing with the inevitable social media fallout that can turn a local case into a circus show.

Sadly, I think that's common. I feel bad for any child and their parents who must make a tough decision like that. Like being assaulted all over again...

I'm so sorry you went through that. Did you feel the same way about it? Were you ready to let it go—or let the family handle it—to end the matter?
To give a proper answer would most likely be considered off topic and I don’t want to derail the thread. All I’ll say is it’s traumatic either way. Not really a winning solution in those situations.

I imagine for a child with autism it would be exponentially harder to understand and cope with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery