Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope they have interviewed Maddy's close friends, and/or the ones she messaged with most often. She probably also had a friend or two that did not have phones or ways to communicate with her outside of school.

And I hope they spoke to whatever friend it was she made the comment about living in the woods to, even if within the context it was just a joke and unfortunate timing.

I would hope they have interviewed Maddy's close friends, and/or the ones she messaged with most often. She probably also had a friend or two that did not have phones or ways to communicate with her outside of school.

And I hope they spoke to whatever friend it was she made the comment about living in the woods to, even if within the context it was just a joke and unfortunate timing.
That's typically one of the first things they do, and here it would be especially important in regards to figuring out what was going on in her home life. We did briefly hear from one school friend, that recalled ..."she said that her stepfather was very bad to her."

It appears that Maddie didn't keep all of this completely quiet.

https://www.univision.com/local/orl...-asesinada-y-abandonada-en-zona-boscosa-video

The other thing I find weird with MS phone is SS lie about seeing her look in her backpack for her headphones.

So much lying there.

For one, she wasn't alive.

But her backpack was in the dumpster and her phone was at home, so what was the poor no longer alive child going to plug these headphones into?

Just ridiculous.

BBM.

Her laptop. Obviously not defending his lies, but headphones would’ve been for her laptop, probably.

IMO, the only accurate timeline we have are SS's movements the day police believe Maddie was killed.

For those that feel JS is involved based on her statements about communicating /seeing Maddie, is it possible:
1) That she said the last time she spoke with Maddie was that Sunday night because that is when she actually had a conversation with her?
2) Could she have seen Maddie getting dressed very early Monday morning, maybe just said hi or have a good day and THOUGHT it was 8am because this is the time she would usually be getting up and dressed?

*As for a clock-I haven't slept with one in my bedroom in over 10 years. If I want to know the actual time, I have to pick up my phone. Perhaps this is something that JS does as well.
before her remains were found LE told the public in the press conference they believed SS MOVED Madeline's body 'in the early morning hours'. LE said: "although they have not found Madeline, we are now confident she is dead. our efforts will be focused on recovering Madeline'.

that statement was of course based on evidence discovered, documented times/movements of SS only, so far......

I focused on her public awareness interviews where she never mentions seeing Madeline that morning. its ok not to be up and awake if someone else is handling a task, but for some reason, with the public, she avoided the morning. for her to tell LE, 8am, that might have been a routine time in the past, but IMO it sure doesnt fit with the evidence times knowing that Madeline's body was moved 'in the early morning hours' and her belongings dumped at 7:35am.

all we have for JS thru her pressers: she worked on sunday, she talked to Madeline about the party and presents sunday nite, Madeline didnt use her phone or any electronics before bed and then she drives to the school to pick her up, then..."Madeline is Missing'. LE has not provided any additional info concerning JS, SS and Madeline's complete timelines. 'its an ongoing investigation'.

before her remains were found LE told the public in the press conference they believed SS MOVED Madeline's body 'in the early morning hours'. LE said: "although they have not found Madeline, we are now confident she is dead. our efforts will be focused on recovering Madeline'.

that statement was of course based on evidence discovered, documented times/movements of SS only, so far......

I focused on her public awareness interviews where she never mentions seeing Madeline that morning. its ok not to be up and awake if someone else is handling a task, but for some reason, with the public, she avoided the morning. for her to tell LE, 8am, that might have been a routine time in the past, but IMO it sure doesnt fit with the evidence times knowing that Madeline's body was moved 'in the early morning hours' and her belongings dumped at 7:35am.

all we have for JS thru her pressers: she worked on sunday, she talked to Madeline about the party and presents sunday nite, Madeline didnt use her phone or any electronics before bed and then she drives to the school to pick her up, then..."Madeline is Missing'. LE has not provided any additional info concerning JS, SS and Madeline's complete timelines. 'its an ongoing investigation'.
Yes, and LE said MS was not dropped off at school. The church parking lot video was never released, I believe because SS’s car was never there.

Where did he go and return to the complex at 08:19 from?

We still don’t know if MS was even at home the night before. There is no mention of them leaving the complex together.

You would think she would also have been on her phone after the birthday party, telling her friends all about it. I find their assertion that she came home from the party and went right to bed without ever going online or doing anything on her phone far more bizarre than anything that did or didn't happen with her phone after she was dead. It really makes me wonder how that whole night unfolded.
yes, thats the huge gap, that nite. where was Madeline after her party....where was SS? was SS at the party? Im hearing various versions, he was/he wasnt.

did JS actually work on sunday, or did she not attend for some other reason? if she was working, was it out of the home or at a work location? if not at home, when did she return? was Madeline alone at home after the party? we dont know where each of them were after the party and into the nite. we only know what occurred in the morning with SS beginning at 7:35am/the dumpster.

Yes, and LE said MS was not dropped off at school. The church parking lot video was never released, I believe because SS’s car was never there.

We still don’t know if MS was even at home the night before. There is no mention of them leaving the complex together.
yes, the gap...returning from where?? seems obvious SS left after using the dumpster. interesting LE wouldnt say if Madeline was in the vehicle when he left, only stated she was 'visible' and believed decease when he returned. Sheriff M would not provide an answer when he was asked was she seen walking on her own out of the house.

"Conveniently"

Been ruminating on that one word from the aunt's 911 call.

Aunt didn't have all the information.

What are her choices? She must have considered abduction and truancy, with a lean toward the latter. NO WAY murdered by SS was in her head. So...if MS was missing because she cut classes and was free range, having "conveniently" left her phone at home so she couldn't be tracked. Teen move.

Really just underscores the fact that the aunt believed she was calling for help to find a living child...

And it was already way too late for that.

JMO

Agree, I believe Maddy confided to some degree to a friend about SS. Turning 13 is a major milestone in a young girls life. The fact that she felt and/or said she wanted to live in the woods, is very telling to me. She may have thought (in her mind) she was old and strong enough now to try and get herself out of this abusive situation.

How awful for her to have endured this kind of treatment for so long? It's beyond words sad and disturbing.

IMO

You would think she would also have been on her phone after the birthday party, telling her friends all about it. I find their assertion that she came home from the party and went right to bed without ever going online or doing anything on her phone far more bizarre than anything that did or didn't happen with her phone after she was dead. It really makes me wonder how that whole night unfolded.
Yes, and it was information freely offered, which makes it seem even stranger?

It gives me the impression of dishonesty. I understand others may not see it this way, but "straight to bed" just doesn't seem relevant. I feel when people flavor with that kind of detail it is often a lie, but JMO.

I'm so unsure about the "straight to bed" account. LE has never said whether MS texted/chatted/shared photos with her friends during her party or on the ride home. If she did so, she might've "gotten it out of her system" early and then turned in early at home. Granted, this would be unusual for a teen, as mine tend to use their cells as late as they can get away with it, but there was also mention of the adults taking MS's phone at times, so maybe the phone was "parked" in the kitchen or elsewhere once she was supposed to be in bed.

Sadly, feigning exhaustion (or even illness) and going straight to bed might have been an attempt to ward off SA that night. It may have worked in the past for her. :(

You think? I know I said "plug in" just my default, but I know the kids all use airpods, etc now. So I just naturally assumed music streamed from her phone. Spotify account, etc.
Yeah my brain was thinking logically, since she would still need headphones for her laptop probably, but considering it was a made up story and probably from a memory he pulled from of seeing her dig through her backpack for headphones, it’s a moot point. So yes, your point stands.

He drove past the school between dumping her things in the dumpster at 7:35, and returning at 8:19. There isn't much time to do much else other than that. Why he would want to drive past the school with a deceased child in his car is beyond me.

Although for the life of me I still can't figure out how he managed to do that when it takes twice that long to drive from the school to home. Unless one or both of the timestamps were wrong.

1712589933474.png

Map showing it takes 18 minutes:

It's 44 minutes between 7:35 & 8:19. Goog says it takes 35 minutes to drive to the school and back. This is at 11:30am PST. These times could likely differ at 8am EST as traffic would be different. I'm just not getting up at 5am PST to see how much of a difference there'd be. lol So there're 9 minutes unaccounted for. IMO, he didn't jump immediately into the car and speed off the instant he dumped her things. I'm thinking he stuck around the property before leaving doing whatever. All MOO

Last edited:
We know in this case Madeline was not dropped off for school and that was a big lie by both SS and JS. But aside from the statements that "we" dropped her off, then "my boyfriend" dropped her off, I'm wondering about the normal pattern of driving Madeline to school. Was it usually Mom who got up and out and drove her to school, or did she frequently get SS to drive her. Did JS' work schedule conflict with getting her to school for 09:15/09:30. I get the impression having SS drive Madeline to school may have been the norm in that household. If it was not the norm however, then JS is absolutely lying intentionally imo.
MOO.

Yeah. There is a list of things that raise eyebrows in regards to her potential involvement, but this phone thing doesn’t move the needle at all for me.

If I left my phone at home at that age, there’s no way it was getting dropped off.

There’s no need if you’re going straight from the school to the car.
The going to sleep without going online, on her laptop is questionable too. The exact same laptop that was tossed in the dumpster. A girl who just celebrated a milestone birthday. That's a huge deal. A very exciting time for a girl that age.Trust me. I would have been online chatting till the wee hrs of the morn if they had that technology back then. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201