AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an interview with SR's teachers. I will admit I haven't read it. I'll see if I can find it.

Sweet EARLY interview with the teacher
Patricia Szymanski, his former eighth-grade teacher at T.W. Hunter Middle School, says their school community is constantly praying for him. She described Sebastian as high-functioning with a great sense of humor.

“He’s extremely high functioning. He has a great sense of humor. He loves to laugh. He’s a jokester. He's super smart. He’s just somebody that you would think is very typical. If you see him walking around, you wouldn’t have any idea he had any kind of deficits at all," Szymanski explained.
[snip]
"If there's a pencil it has to be a green one. Also, a folder, the green one. He always picked green so we know it’s his favorite," Szymanski said.
[snip]
“We love him," Haynes adds.
So nice to read this.

I agree with your pitchfork and mob scenario for sure. And to play devil's advocate for a moment only, CP and KP may be afraid that their presence would distract from the real issue of young Sebastian. It's sad for sure though.
I'm sure LE attends the vigils in a case such as this. I would not stay away it Sebastian were my missing child.

I'm sure LE attends the vigils in a case such as this. I would not stay away it Sebastian were my missing child.
I do agree. And I also would not have acted like CP and KP. I just want the attention on Sebastian and finding him. Sometimes networking groups or individuals connect at the vigils and then get together to do searches.

Watching the vigil for SR. His gram said it best. My grandson is not clickbait. Lord I hope they find something soon.

He's not clickbait to most people.

I think the vast majority of people following this case via any possible source are fervently hoping and praying that this child is found.

There are, of course, many youtube "psychics" and self-proclaimed "experts" in other fields posting pure fiction about this case to get the clicks. And that is truly despicable.

PS Just to be clear, I don't think all psychics are charlatans. But I do think most people who claim to be psychics are not.

Last edited:
This is so worrisome for so many people except CP & KP. If there was hurt feelings? Was mom and Sebastian tired and cranky from such a busy day? An accident? A fight? Alledged affairs on both CP and KP. What did the 3 hour phone call consist of?? Has the phone call been proved? I heard a bath and reading a book also? Doesn’t leave much open time from time to get home til asleep at midnight. Alibi? Is that it?

videoI do agree. And I also would not have acted like CP and KP. I just want the attention on Sebastian and finding him. Sometimes networking groups or individuals connect at the vigils and then get together to do searches.
Something I just realized. The early videos of C&KP weren’t actually early videos. They originally spoke through LE saying they were unable to speak publicly. IIRC that lasted about a week. The first interview they did they only showed their hands. The video of KP rocking and looking like she was in shock was a full week after Sebastian went missing. Not that you would recover from your missing child in a week but… IDK maybe it’s nothing. Just something to think about.

I will say I don’t agree with the things ppl are doing to them. Someone found them & their camper in another state and put the location on blast. Now ppl are driving around, yelling Sebastian’s name at them, among other things. I find the way they are acting very off putting, I don’t like the things they’ve done to Sebastian but until LE says they are under arrest I think they should be left alone. None of these actions will help find Sebastian.

Something I just realized. The early videos of C&KP weren’t actually early videos. They originally spoke through LE saying they were unable to speak publicly. IIRC that lasted about a week. The first interview they did they only showed their hands. The video of KP rocking and looking like she was in shock was a full week after Sebastian went missing. Not that you would recover from your missing child in a week but… IDK maybe it’s nothing. Just something to think about.

I will say I don’t agree with the things ppl are doing to them. Someone found them & their camper in another state and put the location on blast. Now ppl are driving around, yelling Sebastian’s name at them, among other things. I find the way they are acting very off putting, I don’t like the things they’ve done to Sebastian but until LE says they are under arrest I think they should be left alone. None of these actions will help find Sebastian.
I agree that people ought to leave them alone.

One of the downfalls of social media is the effect it can have on susceptible people, making them think they have a right (or righteous duty) to exert influence in the lives of others.

Like you, I'm not happy with how CP and KP have handled this situation, and I have strong suspicions about their story. But our society (I hope) has evolved past the dark history of lynch mobs (even virtual ones), and we have to respect the rule of law--whether we like it or not.

Sometimes, I get frustrated by some of the rules here at WS, but when stuff like this happens, I realize WS is doing the right thing by shutting down unwarranted speculation. It's so hard to keep the loose cannons from running amok.

This is so worrisome for so many people except CP & KP. If there was hurt feelings? Was mom and Sebastian tired and cranky from such a busy day? An accident? A fight? Alledged affairs on both CP and KP. What did the 3 hour phone call consist of?? Has the phone call been proved? I heard a bath and reading a book also? Doesn’t leave much open time from time to get home til asleep at midnight. Alibi? Is that it?

That's a good question. I would think LE would have verified CP's alibi by pulling phone records on day one.

But, just because they may have discovered a 3-plus hour call between KP and CP's phones doesn't mean KP and/or CP were actively talking to one another during that time. In one of the early interviews, I seem to recall CP saying KP was falling asleep and he told her to hang up and go to bed. Maybe he did. But, that seems like a bit of presplaining, on the off-chance that high-tech phone records showed their phones were connected but no one was talking (or, just KP was talking), which I think (MOO) may have been the case. CP's phone might well have kept pinging at his camper and showing his phone was connected on a call to KP's. But, that doesn't mean CP himself was actually there at the camper the whole time. I hope LE had the sense to request security camera footage from that area on that night.

There's a line between keeping law enforcement accountable and trusting that they're working on things in the background which we aren't privy to (and rightly so). I don't just mean this case in particular, but in every single case across the world even. I can understand why people get frustrated but LE are the ones in charge, they need to work the case. The difficulty is knowing when to step in if LE is slacking off, and who is the right person to step in. It gets complicated doesn't it
And then aside from that, there are those who are of the lynch mob mentality as you mentioned
JMO

I've followed from the start but struggled to keep up with every post on this thread cause of how fast it's moved, does anyone have a good news article or video to link that gives a solid overview so far please? I'm wondering if it's possible SR wasn't at home and was maybe with someone away for work at the time, but I need to re-read timelines and don't know where to start

I've followed from the start but struggled to keep up with every post on this thread cause of how fast it's moved, does anyone have a good news article or video to link that gives a solid overview so far please? I'm wondering if it's possible SR wasn't at home and was maybe with someone away for work at the time, but I need to re-read timelines and don't know where to start
This link from post #799 has a very good time line. We should post it on the first page if we need to open a new thread so it isn’t lost.

That's a good question. I would think LE would have verified CP's alibi by pulling phone records on day one.

But, just because they may have discovered a 3-plus hour call between KP and CP's phones doesn't mean KP and/or CP were actively talking to one another during that time. In one of the early interviews, I seem to recall CP saying KP was falling asleep and he told her to hang up and go to bed. Maybe he did. But, that seems like a bit of presplaining, on the off-chance that high-tech phone records showed their phones were connected but no one was talking (or, just KP was talking), which I think (MOO) may have been the case. CP's phone might well have kept pinging at his camper and showing his phone was connected on a call to KP's. But, that doesn't mean CP himself was actually there at the camper the whole time. I hope LE had the sense to request security camera footage from that area on that night.
Ding ding ding! I have suspected this from the start because CP & KP made a point of getting it out there since day one.

Monday, Feb. 26: The search for Sebastian begins​

View attachment 495859
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) issued an Endangered Child Alert at approximately 11:17 a.m. on behalf of the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office. In the alert, investigators wrote that Sebastian was last seen earlier that day near Stafford Court in Hendersonville.

He was described as wearing a black sweatshirt, black sweatpants and glasses. Close to a dozen agencies including the TBI, Tennessee Highway Patrol, Nashville Fire Department, City of Hendersonville’s first responders, Sumner County Sheriff’s Office, and Shackle Island Volunteer Fire all began searching for the teen on Monday, Feb. 26.

Sumner County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) Director Ken Weidner said there were over 200 searchers on the ground that day with multiple K-9 teams, mounted units, helicopter crews and even drones being deployed.

There was a glimpse of hope that day as search dogs tracked a scent, but it turned out to be a false alert. Investigators also drained a pond to the east of Sebastian’s home and found nothing.

As the search stretched into the afternoon, the TBI sent out another tweet at 4:35 p.m. asking residents living in the area around Beech High School and along Long Hollow Pike to check their outbuildings, garages and cars in case Sebastian was using any as hiding places.
View attachment 495862

“I can’t recall off the top of my head when the last search like this was,” Chief Deputy Eric Craddock with the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office told News 2. “Obviously, this one is exponentially more important being a child who does have autism.”

The search teams covered a nearly five-mile radius in the Beech and Shackle Island area.

Tuesday, Feb. 27: TBI issues AMBER Alert​

The search for Sebastian continued Tuesday, Feb. 27, with the TBI upgrading the alert level to an AMBER Alert around 3:25 p.m. Officials said the decision to upgrade the alert was “based on additional investigative information developed during the search.”

The urgency of the search was already increasing as colder temperatures were expected to move into the area and authorities were unsure whether or not Sebastian was properly dressed for the weather.

Dozens of agencies continued searching and began employing unique tactics suggested by community members such as playing Sebastian’s favorite song, “Eye of the Tiger.” A potential sighting was reported on Newmans Trail, but officials confirmed it was not Sebastian.

By Feb. 27, searchers had covered over 2,000 miles on foot and went through Sebastian’s home multiple times. In a press conference, authorities continued to urge residents to check their surveillance cameras and report any possible information that could help lead to Sebastian.
View attachment 495861

Wednesday, Feb. 28: TBI puts out statement​

Officials continued looking for the missing teen amid rain and 40-degree temperatures on Wednesday, Feb. 28. Due to growing public interest, the TBI put out a statement explaining why Sebastian’s parents were unable to share more details about the missing teen:

Thursday, Feb. 29: Search for Sebastian hits four days​

In a press conference Thursday, Feb. 29, officials said they had received several tips amid calls for people to check their surveillance cameras, but none were confirmed sightings of Sebastian.
View attachment 495860

Saturday, March 2: Reward offered for information​

As the search for Sebastian entered its sixth day with officials stating that there still had not been any sightings, the sheriff’s office told News 2 an anonymous group of business owners in the Nashville area had pledged a minimum cash reward of $3,000 for information.

Sunday, March 3: Sebastian’s mother and stepfather speak out​

The reward for information was raised to $3,500 on Sunday, March 3. Sebastian’s mother and stepfather also spoke publicly for the first time that day, telling a podcast host more details about his disappearance.

Monday, March 4: Search is scaled back​

Authorities announced Monday, March 4 they were scaling back the ground search for Sebastian and transitioning to an investigation after a week of intensive efforts and still no signs of the missing teen.

“This does not diminish our commitment to finding Sebastian,” Craddock said during a press conference. “This is simply us transitioning from the ground search to the investigative side.”

During the March 4 press conference, Craddock also said there were “no leads, no details to indicate that Sebastian is not alive.”

Thursday, March 7: Officials search Kentucky landfill​

View attachment 495858

The search for Sebastian took investigators to Kentucky on Thursday, March 7, where they searched a landfill. According to the sheriff’s office, the landfill in White Plains, Kentucky, was where trash went from Sebastian’s neighborhood in the Beech area.

Officials called the search of the landfill a “precautionary measure to eliminate possible options and questions” and said there was “no specific information” indicating evidence related to the search for Sebastian was there.

The search concluded that evening, with authorities later stating that it did not provide any additional clues as to what happened to Sebastian.

“While we had hoped for a different outcome, our commitment to finding Sebastian remains unwavering,” said Sumner County Sheriff Sonny Weatherford. “We will continue to explore all available avenues and resources to bring closure to this case and provide answers to Sebastian’s family and loved ones.”

Friday, March 15: TBI releases more information​

After a full week without any new updates in the case, the TBI released additional information letting the public know more about what was going on in the investigation.

At that stage in the investigation, the agency said there were still few clues indicating what happened to Sebastian or where he may be. Officials also noted that Sebastian’s family was being cooperative and there was still no proof of any criminal element.

Thursday, March 21: Sebastian’s father searches park​

Sebastian’s father, Seth Rogers, began searching Natchez Trace State Park for his son on Thursday, March 21 after saying “somebody told” Sebastian’s mother to search the area, which is more than 100 miles from Sumner County.

“I’ve been all around Nashville. I’ve been passing out flyers, it’s time to start branching out farther. I just want to find my son,” Seth Rogers told News 2. “I’m not going to give up hope.”

While nothing was found at the park on Thursday, March 21, Sebastian’s father organized multiple other search parties in the days following.

Friday, March 22: Sebastian’s mother releases statement amid calls for more resources​

As the search for missing Missouri student Riley Strain came to an end on Friday, March 22, several online content creators who had been aiding in the search started calling for efforts to turn to finding Sebastian.

A mom and TikToker with 92,000 followers took to social media to call for the help of the United Cajun Navy, a nonprofit organization that had been involved in the search for Strain.

Sumner County residents call on extra resources for missing teen after search for Riley Strain ends
With Sebastian missing for almost four weeks by Friday, March 22, his mother, Katie Proudfoot, also provided a statement to News 2.

Monday, March 25: United Cajun Navy joins search​

The United Cajun Navy began setting up headquarters at 90 Volunteer Drive in Hendersonvilleon Monday, March 25 after answering calls to join in the search for Sebastian. The nonprofit organization said it is working independently from the sheriff’s office.

The United Cajun Navy was supposed to hold a safety briefing on Tuesday, March 26 for those wanting to volunteer, but it was postponed due to “unsafe weather conditions.”

The first organized volunteer search for Sebastian launched Wednesday, March 27. The turnout was enough for an all-day search, with efforts coming to an end around 3 p.m. Volunteer search crews planned to head out again on Thursday, March 28.

UNSOLVED TENNESSEE: Find more of the state’s cold cases, missing persons, and other mysteries
“We normally do not deploy twice in the same area, but the outpouring was so strong for us to stay and look for Sebastian (that) we said, ‘You know what? Since we are here, let’s do it,’” Kevin LaFond, Press and Communications Officer with the UCN, said.

Friday, March 29: United Cajun Navy calls off search​

The United Cajun Navy called off its search for Sebastian on Friday, March 29. In a statement on social media, the organization said the decision to “pull back and regroup” was made due to “increasing safety concerns” and the “upcoming Easter holiday.”

The safety concerns were reportedly related to alleged death threats.

United Cajun Navy calls off search for Sebastian Rogers due to ‘safety concerns’
“This decision was not taken lightly [and] is made with the safety of all volunteers in mind,” the United Cajun Navy wrote. “We want to thank all the volunteers that planned to be out searching today.”

Tuesday, April 2: Officials provide update in investigation​

Officials with the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office held a press conference on Tuesday, April 2 to answer questions about the ongoing search for Sebastian.

As of April 2, Chief Deputy Eric Craddock said there still was no evidence pointing to foul play in Sebastian’s disappearance, but authorities were “not ruling anything out.” Investigators were continuing to follow multiple leads on Tuesday, with the TBI having received 314 tips.

TBI spokesperson Susan Niland said some of those tips were related to misinformation and rumors being spread on social media. She asked that the community continue to share information, but about things like conversations people may have had with the missing teen, where he liked to go and “any people he may have mentioned that are in his life.”

Officials also confirmed that a pair of glasses had been found during Tuesday’s press conference. However, Craddock said authorities were still working to determine if they were connected to Sebastian.

Sebastian Rogers: Officials ‘not ruling anything out’ in search for missing teen
“My hope and prayer is that Sebastian is still alive. We’re going to continue to work on this investigation and follow every lead that comes in,” Craddock said. “Some of this may revert back to us going over some things that we’ve already done for the sixth, seventh, eighth time. A fresh set of eyes never hurt anything.”

As far as the United Cajun Navy, Craddock said the sheriff’s office had not been made aware of any threats made against the organization.

Few other updates have been provided in the search for Sebastian. However, the public has continued to push to keep the case in the spotlight by putting up signs in their yards and posting fliers from the sheriff’s office in local businesses and on social media outlets.

Numerous vigils have also been held in the weeks since Sebastian went missing, with community members wearing green on Friday, March 1 to support Sebastian and his family.

Sebastian is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and 120 pounds with dirty blond hair. If you have seen Sebastian or have info about his whereabouts, call the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office at (615) 451-3838 or TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
@OrangeCash Maybe I should delete this and resend as a private message; I missed that part. Sorry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637