PA PA - Dana Bailey, 21, State College, 4 March 1987

I fully believe Dana's case will be solved with DNA and/or genealogy. I AM HOWEVER SHOCKED, it's taking this long.
I am not blaming anyone or finger pointing here, but sometimes, some of these police agencies need to be nudged and reminded, that things you could not do with DNA 10 years ago, or even 5 may be very possible now in 2024. At one time they may have been afraid to test the DNA for fear of using up the limited sample they may have, but in 2024, this may not be the case. ALL OF THE EVIDENCE should be re-tested with modern technology. There may be touch DNA previously missed. This killer handled bindings that may have their DNA or a hair of theirs, and in the year 2024, we CAN obtain a DNA profile even from a rootless hair. I know this killer left physical evidence, it's just a question of how carefully was it collected, and stored?

I fully believe Dana's case will be solved with DNA and/or genealogy. I AM HOWEVER SHOCKED, it's taking this long.
I am not blaming anyone or finger pointing here, but sometimes, some of these police agencies need to be nudged and reminded, that things you could not do with DNA 10 years ago, or even 5 may be very possible now in 2024. At one time they may have been afraid to test the DNA for fear of using up the limited sample they may have, but in 2024, this may not be the case. ALL OF THE EVIDENCE should be re-tested with modern technology. There may be touch DNA previously missed. This killer handled bindings that may have their DNA or a hair of theirs, and in the year 2024, we CAN obtain a DNA profile even from a rootless hair. I know this killer left physical evidence, it's just a question of how carefully was it collected, and stored?
As I indicated, there is the possibility that the killer is dead.

They DO have the DNA.

As I indicated, there is the possibility that the killer is dead.

They DO have the DNA.
Having the DNA is one thing- whether it’s productive and will lead to results is something else. And dead or alive, genealogy may one day lead to the killer’s identity

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81
Back