GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

MC and RM tried to defuse the situation by getting the agressor (Miu) to go away and stop bothering the teen boys.
MC and RM were using their words and trying to communicate to Miu, who refused to speak.
Miu's reaction was to become more upset and start palming his knife, because he didn't like what the women said.

Even if someone is "in your face", it doesn't warrant stabbing them to death (even a light stabbing!)
We obviously see this differently (and that's ok!). I do not call what MC and RM did as trying to defuse the situation at all. They were instead lighting the fire and making things worse IMHO.

MC and RM tried to defuse the situation by getting the agressor (Miu) to go away and stop bothering the teen boys.
MC and RM were using their words and trying to communicate to Miu, who refused to speak.
Miu's reaction was to become more upset and start palming his knife, because he didn't like what the women said.

Even if someone is "in your face", it doesn't warrant stabbing them to death (even a light stabbing!)
I don’t think she did anything but escalate the situation tbh. Yelling in someone’s face and cursing at them isn’t what I would consider a valid attempt at calming the situation.

Knife was pulled very early, even before he hit Maddie. "Walk away guy"....I have family in Wisconsin, this man was loose cannon as soon as his ego got triggered by a few drunk teens.
MIU grabbed kids first.
But no one was stabbed until NM was attacked was the point I was making.

As far as being a loose cannon, I haven’t heard anything that supports that, at least via trial.

I don’t think she did anything but escalate the situation tbh. Yelling in someone’s face and cursing at them isn’t what I would consider a valid attempt at calming the situation.
I agree. Had the 2 'girls' stayed away i don't think anyone would have been hurt. I don't think the boys would have taken it to a physical level. May be wrong as they were closing in around him... but the extra people defin. made it much much worse. And drunk mouthy MC pushed it over the edge. MOO

I'm finding him very believable. I didn't realize the quadruple bypass was as recent as it had been. I think when it was spoken of before, they were using current dates. Seems like things absolutely got worse with MC and she was the first to make it physical. And i'm not surprised after watching her in the video. Find it also very telling she is the only one that didn't want her audio OR visual testimony seen/heard.
The only time Miu's surgery becomes relevant is when he says this to Lt. Hart:

"I survived a very serious surgery to be alive. Just to be knifed down by a couple of kids on the river??"

To me, Miu is most concerned about being humiliated? He needed to beef up his story about being attacked by teenagers with knives because the real reason he became violent is actually more humiliating to him?

I didn't see that Miu's past surgery prevented him from doing whatever he wanted that day on the river.
The stabbings looked like an action scene from a movie, Miu looked pretty agile and had no physical restrictions (except maybe his facial expressions).

I agree. Had the 2 'girls' stayed away i don't think anyone would have been hurt. I don't think the boys would have taken it to a physical level. May be wrong as they were closing in around him... but the extra people defin. made it much much worse. And drunk mouthy MC pushed it over the edge. MOO
I really think it would have gone differently had she not approached like she did, there was a small grease fire, and she threw water on it IMO. I really think it’s a shame her testimony was allowed to not be shown. Do you happen to know if the transcripts have been released from her testimony?

Miu had already stabbed Ryley. Thats why Issac attacked him. Mui got his feelings hurt and felt justified.

How many young dumb kids would be dead if teasing an adult would be grounds for killing them.

I think it's more complicated than that, as some of the testimony hasn't been solid :

It looked like NM didn't start stabbing attack until the second push into the water.
I.e., the young people were doing more than just teasing ?

I'm not justifying NM's reaction.

Still wondering what the jury will decide.
Doubtful NM will walk away from this.
Omo.

When Issac grabbed his throat, he had already stabbed Ryley per photo.
The State provided an explanation about Isaac grabbing the throat. IS did not grab his throat, NM's arm went in an upward movement to his own neck as he is stabbing Isaac Schuman. I may not have explained it correctly so you may want to listen to State's cross. moo

I think it’s a bit dismissive to say that because RM was 115lbs she wouldn’t be hitting him…I’ve seen many a small woman jump into fights. He didn’t chase her down to stab her, so she had to be relatively close. I think he 100% was being driven by fear and was just stabbing at anyone near him that could be a threat. It speaks more to me that this was genuine fear. A defense attorney once told me the easiest cases of self defense to defend are ones where the person shoots just once, or empties the clip. Both speak to a level of fear, i.e. enough fear to overcome pulling the trigger, or so much fear they just keep pulling the trigger. I kind of feel like the fact he was stabbing at people surrounding him, he felt swarmed/attacked and in immediate danger. Just my two cents.

RSBM
If a young woman in her 20's was screaming at a man to not rape her, did she cause the rape?

I think that’s a really unfair comparison. This man had every right to be there, looking originally for a phone, then his snorkel. She rolled up and he was thinking ah, an adult, relief and sanity, to just have her get in his face aggressively and curse at him.

I think a better comparison would be seeing two people arguing in the grocery store and butting in to scream at one of them to move it down the aisle, without even knowing what they are arguing about.

I find her playing river police to be very odd. She inserted herself into a situation knowing nothing about it, and she came in hot.

Miu is an engineer and considers all possibilities on the floating cell phone bag. I can't understand where people are seeing nefarious intentions?
I think Miu's disordered thinking is clear from the start of his "search": he assumed that the teen boys had found the missing phone and were "hiding it" from him, so he went to "investigate" (his words).
Miu "investigated" by touching people without their permission and grabbing people's tubes and moving them around (and prevented other people from flowing downriver).
Miu was told to stop, but he didn't. Because he didn't want to.
Miu was told to leave, but he didn't. Because he didn't want to.
Miu refused to speak or explain what he was doing. Because he didn't feel he had to answer to anyone.

Interesting fact: Miu is an engineer and killed a young man who would become an engineer.

what a rollercoaster of a cross examination that was!
All in all I think the prosecution did a better job of proving reckless homicide than they did of intentional.
I thought the start of the cross exam was, pretty pathetic to be honest. But then the prosecutor found lines of leading questions that were making NM more nervous and uncomfortable. Objections from the defence were getting overruled more often than they were sustained. He doesn't remember any conversations where he was lying through his teeth?

also:

diahorrhea?
sasquatch?

It's going to take me a while to fully compute what I just watched. Help me!

edit: spelling

Last edited:
APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Watch Nicolae Miu full conversation w/ St. Croix Co Sheriff after Miu's arrest 2 yrs ago. Video just played for jury, "Our whole group was pretty interested in finding out what happened," Miu added that he heard "someone got stabbed."

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Defendant Nicolae Miu testimony has just wrapped after an intense few hours of tough questions about what happened that day. Here, shown his knife that prosecutors said he used to stab 5 people. He responds, "the knife I used to defend myself."

1712695715391.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjael
Back