GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Gee, folks, I never perceived her as a SuperMom -- that was iirc part of the press coverage?

I'm Laughing, get it?

SuperGrifter, more like it....

jmho ymmv lrr
Got it! yep, the media called her "supermom"---- she was surely no supermom--The media obviously can shape the way people see a person, a situation , with their words.

What a weird way to speak to a 10 year old.

She is psychologically grooming him, narcissism in action. “Mommy is an author now,” Papini reportedly said during a supervised visit. “She’s writing two books. I work lots of hours to write chapter books.”

Nothing speaks as selfish as telling them Mommy is doing noble things. She has crafted a way for them to think Mommy is really busy, as opposed to Mommy made poor decisions. ‘Im sorry that my poor choices affected you and others. I’m committed to making healthy choices.’

She is psychologically grooming him, narcissism in action. “Mommy is an author now,” Papini reportedly said during a supervised visit. “She’s writing two books. I work lots of hours to write chapter books.”

Nothing speaks as selfish as telling them Mommy is doing noble things. She has crafted a way for them to think Mommy is really busy, as opposed to Mommy made poor decisions. ‘Im sorry that my poor choices affected you and others. I’m committed to making healthy choices.’
I agree that it's weird, but how does one distinguish "grooming" from her actually beginning to establish and discuss a new, non-criminal identity as a productive member of society (as an author or anything else she might visualize for herself)? Ultimately, we all should hope that things get better - both in Papini-world and the entire world.

I agree that it's weird, but how does one distinguish "grooming" from her actually beginning to establish and discuss a new, non-criminal identity as a productive member of society (as an author or anything else she might visualize for herself)? Ultimately, we all should hope that things get better - both in Papini-world and the entire world.
For starters, with anyone, she shouldn't be referring to herself as an author until she has actually succeeded in getting published. Being a writer isn't the same thing as being an established author. Nora Roberts, JK Rowling- they are prolific authors.

Easy by her own actions and conduct. I appreciate your positivity, but with this one - I’m not holding my breath. So far her spots haven’t changed. She needs intensive therapy, but doesn’t see she has a problem. No self introspection.

That's all well and good, but you don't refer to yourself as an author until you actually get published. Anyone can be a writer, but what good is it if it's only your journal and no one ever sees it???
I've been a 'writer' since the age of 5. You should see some of my work, lol.

Seriously though, this woman is so out of touch with reality it is scary. She has fooled, lied and manipulated people her whole life. At what point does it become so toxic that the children should not be allowed unsupervised visitation?

What she did to her husband, children and the world by her insane and untrue abduction story is not something you can just brush aside and say 'Oooops, I made a mistake, sorry'. She hurt people and wasted valuable tax dollars and LE time.

She gets no pass from me, I wish she would just fade away into the abyss never to be heard about again. But a Narc's going to Narc.

JMO

I still just can’t with her referring to herself in the 3rd person with her 10 year old. It shows how out of touch she is, not even understanding her own kid’s development and conversation level. I wonder if she asked the child anything about their life or if it was all Me Me Me. MOO

I still just can’t with her referring to herself in the 3rd person with her 10 year old. It shows how out of touch she is, not even understanding her own kid’s development and conversation level. I wonder if she asked the child anything about their life or if it was all Me Me Me. MOO
I've noticed a trend lately of narcissists referring to themselves in the third person. It's really weird and maddening.

We do hope that things get better, especially for the children but she has not exhibited signs of remorse. Before anything can get better it has to ‘get true’.

Portraying herself as an author is delusional at this point. She is good at creating a narrative that highlights her. She is no longer the star of this show.

It’s about the children. She needs to work on being authentic and on her mental health overall because that’s what is best for the children.
Put the desire for fame and attention aside for the children.

We do hope that things get better, especially for the children but she has not exhibited signs of remorse. Before anything can get better it has to ‘get true’.

Portraying herself as an author is delusional at this point. She is good at creating a narrative that highlights her. She is no longer the star of this show.

It’s about the children. She needs to work on being authentic and on her mental health overall because that’s what is best for the children.
Put the desire for fame and attention aside for the children.
How do people on this board know these things?

I've been a 'writer' since the age of 5. You should see some of my work, lol.

Seriously though, this woman is so out of touch with reality it is scary. She has fooled, lied and manipulated people her whole life. At what point does it become so toxic that the children should not be allowed unsupervised visitation?

What she did to her husband, children and the world by her insane and untrue abduction story is not something you can just brush aside and say 'Oooops, I made a mistake, sorry'. She hurt people and wasted valuable tax dollars and LE time.

She gets no pass from me, I wish she would just fade away into the abyss never to be heard about again. But a Narc's going to Narc.

JMO
Yes! And lest we not forget, IIRC she also got ‘branded’ with some hot iron or element as part of her ‘cover’ story. That doesn’t seem the act of a healthy person IMO? MOO

Yes! And lest we not forget, IIRC she also got ‘branded’ with some hot iron or element as part of her ‘cover’ story. That doesn’t seem the act of a healthy person IMO? MOO
Yes, I find it sickening that she would go to such lengths to harm herself just to falsely implicate people of a race/culture that she was biased against.

I do not know "why" I am keeping track of this - but since I started - I might as well finish up with it! :)

Monday, May 13th:
*Trial Readiness Conference Hearing (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Sherri Louise Papini (39/now 40) vs. Keith Papini (38/now 39) Divorce case filed April, 2022. Shasta County
Keith has already won a series of legal battles in the divorce – including having his ex-wife declared an ‘unfit parent’ & gaining sole legal & physical custody of T & V. Papini is allowed only supervised visits with the children which take place at a court building in Redding & voice & video calls at Keith’s discretion.
On March 3, 2022, Sherri Papini was arrested by the FBI, accused of lying to federal agents & faking her kidnapping to spend time with her ex-boyfriend, away from her husband & family. Six weeks after her arrest, Papini signed a plea deal admitting that she had orchestrated the hoax. In September, 2022, she was sentenced to 18 months in prison & fined $300,000. Papini was released from prison in August, 2023 & placed in a halfway house. In April, 2022, a few days after Sherri pleaded guilty to fraud charges, Keith filed for divorce from his wife & for sole custody of their children.
Trial began on 10/31/23 & ended same day.
Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Keith’s defense attorneys Swartz & Jones, Sherri’s defense attorneys Kinney & Kinney.

Case info from 4/20/22 thru 3/13/24 reference post #634 here:
[URL='https://www.websleuths.com/fo...v-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-32[/url]

3/17/24 Update: Sherri Papini has accused her ex-husband of having their children make secret recordings of their supervised custody sessions. Now court papers reveal Papini has even become nervous about being secretly recorded during her time with her children – repeatedly complaining about a watch worn by her daughter that she claimed had been set up to record her by Keith. The records show Papini has seen her children just three times since being released from jail & only saw Violet during her most recent visit, as Tyler refused to attend. The first session was on November 15, 2023 – two months after she was released from the Oakland halfway house & saw her spend time with both children with no problems according to the report compiled by a court-appointed supervisor. But the second on December 20, 2023 saw her raise concerns to supervisor Maira DeLaTorre Rojo over the watches the children were wearing after the session came to an end, accusing ex-husband Keith of having them secretly record their visit. Third visit-A report detailing a custody visit on January 17, 2024 with daughter Violet reveals that Papini said she is setting up a foundation for families in similar situations while also writing the books in response to a question from the child. The new filings come against the backdrop of Papini’s ongoing legal battle with Keith over access to her children – a case still pending with a settlement conference scheduled for later this month. Status conference hearing on 3/25/24 @ 8:30am with Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding.
3/25/24 Update: Status Conference held. Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Present: Plaintiff Keith Papini with attorney Swartz & Jones, defendant Sherri Papini with attorneys Kinney & Kinney. Continued party's motion for trial readiness conference hearing on 5/13/24 @ 8:30am.
3/26/24 Update: After being convicted of the fake kidnapping, a court sentenced Papini to 18 months in prison & ordered her to pay roughly $310,000 in restitution. The document explains that the United States is now seeking a 10% litigation surcharge for the unpaid balance, bringing up the total amount Papini now owes to $340,221.23. A writ of garnishment would allow the court to allow the seizure of property of a debtor in possession of a third party. In this case, it would be the law firm. "Sherri Papini's financial obligations to the court will be met over time," a statement from Papini's lawyer, William Portanova, read. "Her financial situation is known to the Court & the Government." Papini has been given 20 days since she received notice of Monday’s filing to notify the court if she wants a hearing.

Case Information​

22FL-0199572 | PAPINI vs. PAPINI

Respondent (Defendant)
PAPINI, SHERRI
Active Attorneys
Lead Attorney
KINNEY & KINNEY
Retained

Petitioner (Plaintiff)
PAPINI, KEITH
Active Attorneys
Lead Attorney
Manuel, Conard Manuel and Tescher
Retained

• 04/03/2024 Request for Order
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
  • 04/15/2024 Request to Continue Hearing
  • 04/15/2024 Declaration Notice Ex Parte
  • 04/15/2024 Documents Received
  • 04/16/2024 Order on Request to Reschedule Hearing
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
  • 04/22/2024 Substitution of Attorney
  • 05/06/2024 *Request for Order: Modification
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:30 AM
    Cancel Reason
    Vacated
  • 05/07/2024 Substitution of Attorney
  • 05/07/2024 Responsive Declaration to Request for Order
  • 05/07/2024 Proof of Electronic Service
  • 05/07/2024 Proof of Electronic Service
  • 05/10/2024 Declaration of Supervised Visitation Provider
  • 05/13/2024 *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:29 AM
  • 06/03/2024 *Request for Order: Modification
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:30 AM
    @Niner -- seems like many changes to the schedule happened during the spring, and substitutions of counsel. Lawyers are probably not getting paid, and tired of the nonsense! What a mess. Also, I think there's probably a new supervisor for visitation--hopefully one that is onto SP's methods. MOO
    I

Papini. Mental Health?
How do people on this board know these things?
@jbc
After SP's criminal conviction, incarceration, & release,* based on evidence & sworn testimony presented in court, a judge *
- declared SP an "unfit parent."
- awarded her ex-husband "sole legal & physical custody" of their two children.
- authorized SP only "supervised visits with the children" at a court building plus "voice & video calls at Keith’s discretion."
^ NOT jmo.** ^

She AIN'T RIGHT in the HEAD. I don't say this flippantly. Specifically what, IDK & won't guess.
Some here have posted about specific mental illnesses she had, has, or may have (no need for me to back track to quote), and MH professionals may slice & dice various MH diagnoses, treatment plans, etc.

If anyone thinks SP's actions over the years indicate no mental illnesses, respectfully I disagree. imo jmo moo

Last edited:
Papini. Mental Health?

@jbc
After SP's criminal conviction, incarceration, & release,* based on evidence & sworn testimony presented in court, a judge *
- declared SP an "unfit parent."
- awarded her ex-husband "sole legal & physical custody" of their two children.
- authorized SP only "supervised visits with the children" at a court building plus "voice & video calls at Keith’s discretion."
^ NOT jmo.** ^

She AIN'T RIGHT in the HEAD. I don't say this flippantly. Specifically what, IDK & won't guess.
Some here have posted about specific mental illnesses she had, has, or may have (no need for me to back track to quote), and MH professionals may slice & dice various MH diagnoses, treatment plans, etc.

If anyone thinks SP's actions over the years indicate no mental illnesses, respectfully I disagree. imo jmo moo

I daresay Ms. Papini is less mentally ill than she is personality disordered. Her whole head ain't right. I'm no doctor nor counselor, but I think it's safe to say illness and disorder, both are on a continuum, and of Ms. Papini, I'd say her personality disorder is so far off the chart it's onto another one. Can't be reasoned with, can't be appealed to, can't be challenged. Given her history, which you some up with excellent concision, she falls in thst especially camp of campers with personality disorders who are resistant to treatment. She likes her sick self.

Her sick self should have had to serve more time, safely ensconced away from civilized society. IMO left to their own, people like her crave drama, create drama, and leave a trail of destruction behind them, a cost they never tally.

Wishing a thousand buffers to those who must deal with her regularly. They're going to need them.

JMO

I daresay Ms. Papini is less mentally ill than she is personality disordered. Her whole head ain't right. I'm no doctor nor counselor, but I think it's safe to say illness and disorder, both are on a continuum, and of Ms. Papini, I'd say her personality disorder is so far off the chart it's onto another one. Can't be reasoned with, can't be appealed to, can't be challenged. Given her history, which you some up with excellent concision, she falls in thst especially camp of campers with personality disorders who are resistant to treatment. She likes her sick self.

Her sick self should have had to serve more time, safely ensconced away from civilized society. IMO left to their own, people like her crave drama, create drama, and leave a trail of destruction behind them, a cost they never tally.

Wishing a thousand buffers to those who must deal with her regularly. They're going to need them.

JMO
@Megnut Thx for your post, re SP as being personality disordered.
My post should have considered that as a possibility, but maybe that could be tucked into the ARH's (Ain't Right in the Head) broad classification.

Again, not making fun, not being flippant. IDK the specific diagnosis or what treatment - if any - may be helpful, or the prognosis for her.
jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back