OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

The drone footage shows they found the car on a back road -- a gravel road. I live off a gravel road in KS and most folks won't drive it unless they are going somewhere local. Was this the route the women planned to take? Or, was someone following them and they turned off on a gravel road to shake them but it didn't work?

I can't imagine two women turning off a paved road to drive down a remote gravel road unless there's a good reason.
Moo....I believe they were forced into the gravel road, someone wanted a bit of privacy to do what they did...moo

I'm starting to wonder whether they might have been accosted and taken earlier in the trip, and somebody just dumped the damaged, possibly bloody vehicle.
I think you could well be right.

In furtherance of @GRT 's observation that remote gravel roads are used nearly entirely by locals to go to local places, the presence of a dumped car could indicate that somebody knew that road- and is very likely a local.

When under stress, most people instinctually go to a place they are familiar with whether they have good, or bad intentions. In contrast, they are less likely to just start taking random gravel roads.

I hope they are going through the car very carefully for even minute DNA type evidence. Then, off to genetic ancestory companies like "32 and Me" and their competitors?

Moo....I believe they were forced into the gravel road, someone wanted a bit of privacy to do what they did...moo
I wonder if there’s any brake marks on the highway before the turn off onto the gravel road. I think we have enough footage to check. I haven’t yet. Not that there would need to be to prove but the thought came to mind. All IMO

I'm starting to wonder whether they might have been accosted and taken earlier in the trip, and somebody just dumped the damaged, possibly bloody vehicle.
Moo...maybe, it could of gone that way. But would still need another vehicle to be involved. They were found quick, so who ever did this, knows the area or had checked out area and made a plan. Maybe the vehicle was noticed, it is strange they are not searching around area.

That was my initial theory, that they made it to the destination and the car was later dumped.

That makes a lot more sense than some sort of roadside ambush, at least in terms of feasibility.

My opinion changed once we heard a bit about the crime scene, but we just don’t know what’s true or not. Broken glass there means it happened there, but a broken window by itself does not.

That was my initial theory, that they made it to the destination and the car was later dumped.

That makes a lot more sense than some sort of roadside ambush, at least in terms of feasibility.

My opinion changed once we heard a bit about the crime scene, but we just don’t know what’s true or not. Broken glass there means it happened there, but a broken window by itself does not.
Moo...I don't know how this scene came to be, but I really do want to know how they did this. There is also an element of luck that nobody was driving by when it went down. Well planned, cold and efficient....moo

Moo...I don't know how this scene came to be, but I really do want to know how they did this. There is also an element of luck that nobody was driving by when it went down. Well planned, cold and efficient....moo

Nobody driving by, and how did they know when Veronica and Jillian would be there? I wouldn't think they would want to just sit beside the road letting passing truck drivers and locals see them.

In any scenario here, there's a great deal of luck. An ambush requires an incredible amount of that, but so does some sort of car dump. I do think we'll get some answers soon.

I haven't been closely following, but based on the destination of Eva OK, the car was about 5 mins. from there.

So that's 40-some minutes from their home vs 5 minutes before their destination.

Easy to break a window to create an apparent crime scene.

JMO

Nobody driving by, and how did they know when Veronica and Jillian would be there? I wouldn't think they would want to just sit beside the road letting passing truck drivers and locals see them.
Moo ..it was a planned trip with a planned time and destination and it would be known that there would be 2 people in car. The land is very flat so if you know what vehicle your looking for you would see it at a distance coming your way. But how they got the car to gravel road is a mystery to me...moo

My theory: VB and JK were tailed at a distance for a while before being lured or forced to stop. I think the absolute flat and barren road actually works in the perp(s) favor. What better environment to commit a crime in broad daylight than one were you can see for a mile around to know that no one would likely pass by immediately?

I haven't been closely following, but based on the destination of Eva OK, the car was about 5 mins. from there.

So that's 40-some minutes from their home vs 5 minutes before their destination.

Easy to break a window to create an apparent crime scene.

JMO
Certainly. And staging or not, there is a single direction of focus. The lack of an arrest, or several at this stage, doesn’t mean we’re not dealing with a bunch of absolute morons here.

People who commit crimes don’t look at it like us who follow crime.

Moo.. <modsnip; no source link>
In some ways, it seems too easy n obvious for this to be about custody.
Is this is the first time JK has done this run.?
Not really. Custody homicides happen frequently. Another just happened this week where an attorney killed his daughter-in-law (or previous dil) and her new hubby. In this case, there was an upcoming court date for VB to possibly regain custody of her children. If she’s physically missing, that can’t happen. Moo.

Not really. Custody homicides happen frequently. Another just happened this week where an attorney killed his daughter-in-law (or previous dil) and her new hubby. In this case, there was an upcoming court date for VB to possibly regain custody of her children. If she’s physically missing, that can’t happen. Moo.
Moo...totally agree about custody homicides. But it seems so obvious it kinda makes me wonder.

I have so many questions…Was it common for JK to accompany other women for supervised visits? How did she know VB? How far ahead was this visitation planned? It seems to be an assumption that VB was the target, but maybe she wasn’t. The information released so far could apply to two very different angles…VB as the target, but also JK being the target.

Two true-crime YouTubers, known by their channel “Rock_Chalk_Jayhawks,” recently searched an abandoned home, saying someone sent them a tip about checking a property in that area.

“Where the public and their families and we want answers like yesterday, the next day, and that not the way it works, her and I understand that,” Kari Moody said.

“They could be anywhere, and like, in this property back here, it’s abandoned, but there’s a well back there. It’s not covered. It’s pretty big, so I got down in there and looked. You never know where they could be,” she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann