GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

Rsbm
Rbbm

Miu didn't have the right to touch someone without their consent, even though he felt he could.
Nobody has that right.
What makes you think he felt he could anymore than the numerous other people who touched him? I do think it looks like he stumbled when he approached their tubes, and grabbed on to the tubes to balance himself. None of the boys seems scared at that point, maybe weirded out, but not fearful.

Funnily enough that wasn’t the tipping point of violence. MC and R(can’t recall her last name) and their aggressiveness/failure to keep hands to themselves, is what tipped the scales on escalation. If the tube part had been the jump off for the fight he would have a much harder time claiming self defense. But that simply isn’t what happened.

I’ve been thinking about the stab wounds. How much force would NM have had to use to cause such deep and deadly wounds like he did with a small pocket knife? I keep thinking he had to have used quite a bit of force and strength to cause the wounds he did. If what I’m thinking is true, he meant to cause significant damage. jmo

Not sure about force, but my little pink Swiss Army knife is super sharp as I found out by accident. I was folding it and not paying attention and it closed on the pad of my finger tip and sliced it clean off. I keep mine to cut ropes I use on my truck for tying things down. I also think the fact that none of the people were seriously obese means even a small blade can be quite dangerous, as there isn’t much between their skin and vital organs.

A few options to watch trial live stream:
https://twitter.com/PaulBlume_FOX9
@PaulBlume_FOX9

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Prosecutors are moving to REMOVE a juror. They allege female juror was sleeping for long periods of time during Tuesday's testimony. Defense objects. State now calling its lead investigator as a witness. WATCH NOW @FOX9:

MC told Miu something he did not want to hear. How did MC force Miu to start stabbing people?
It scares me that Miu is not viewed as responsible for his own actions?
Why is it a woman's fault when a man kills?
Respectfully, you are taking my post out of context. I stand by my beliefs and respect your right to stand by yours.

Last edited:
MC told Miu something he did not want to hear. How did MC force Miu to start stabbing people?
It scares me that Miu is not viewed as responsible for his own actions?
Why is it a woman's fault when a man kills?

In law I think it depends on if the victim laid hands on the assailant who thought they were being attacked.

Usually with women, it is clear cut because women in general do not have the potential to inflict deadly force on the assailant without use of a weapon. In the vast majority of those cases, it's 100% the man's fault. This one is different to me since the assailant was dunked in the water multiple times and hit and struck there.

The jury has some real judging to do here as it pertains to the specific law.

Tough one for me to decide from afar. Not sure I would want to be on this jury... it will probably be hung or maybe an acquittal on the most serious charges.

@cathyrusson

CLOSING ARGUMENTS Wednesday morning in WI v. #NikolaeMiu.

Lesser includeds (what jury can consider) for
Count 1: First-degree intentional homicide will be:
Second-degree intentional homicide
First-degree reckless homicide
Second-degree reckless homicide
Counts 2, 3, 4 & 5: Attempted First-degree intentional homicide will be:
Attempted second-degree homicide
First-degree recklessly endangering safety
Second-degree recklessly endangering safety

View attachment 496172

Bringing this forward:
@cathyrusson

CLOSING ARGUMENTS Wednesday morning in WI v. #NikolaeMiu.

Lesser includeds (what jury can consider) for
Count 1: First-degree intentional homicide will be:
Second-degree intentional homicide
First-degree reckless homicide
Second-degree reckless homicide
Counts 2, 3, 4 & 5: Attempted First-degree intentional homicide will be:
Attempted second-degree homicide
First-degree recklessly endangering safety
Second-degree recklessly endangering safety

Testimony of Eric Von Williams. He was part of the Miu party but not old friends with Miu, seems like he was just a plus one to the tube gathering that day. Well worth a listen- he is pretty clear and consistent. (WHO is clicking their pen near the mic, though! Ugh)

Eric's the one who was quoted after the incident that he saw NM approaching who he thought was teens and thought it was a potentially not good situation for an old dude to approach a bunch of young presumably drunk boys. "We wanted to stay as far away from them as possible..... I didn't want anyone to think he (NM) was up to no good." At around 11:40.

Last edited:
@PaulBlume_FOX9

To close the loop on this potentially "sleeping" juror. Judge kept her on the panel. Court still must send home 2 alternates so 12 deliberate. That process will play out later today. Judge Waterman is currently providing jury instructions, then closings- state goes first.

9:59 AM · Apr 10, 2024

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Charges Nicolae Miu now facing after prosecutors added "lesser included" crimes. Conviction on top count of 1st degree intentional homicide sends Miu to prison for life. An acquittal will send him home after nearly 2 years in jail. So much at stake...

10:03 AM · Apr 10, 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt
Back