AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it’s an old fashioned thing like it seemed like a call that should be man to man? CP appears to think of masculinity in an old-school way. And/or KP was so worked up that CP didn’t think it’d help anyone for Seth to get the message that way.

I think back to the times family members have passed on my mom’s side of the family. My dad has always told me. I think it’s like something he’s doing for her/ on her behalf to be helpful. Because it’s hard to do.

It could have been a “don’t panic, I’ll call him.”

I did not think any of the parents were involved based on the first interview. I’ll admit I find the idea of manipulative wolves in sheeps clothing really scary and didn’t watch the newer interviews. CP isn’t a perfect human or a perfect stepdad but there’s a difference between that and like sociopathic or even narcissistic. So who knows. I mean I’m not going out of my way to stick up for him. I do think something fishy is going on I just am not convinced that CP and KP are deranged enough to do something cruel.

All JMO.
I can agree there. He definitely seems very old fashioned in every thing he does. So it would make sense for him to call Seth instead of KP.

Reportedly only mom & Sebastian went to dinner Sunday night.

IIRC, the aunt(s) were there 2, or 1?) & cousin went to dinner Saturday, although I do believe Katie stated somewhere they picked up a niece Sunday for a while. As far as interviews, no, aunt(s) & cousin haven't done interviews.

I would be interested to know who called the niece, how she was collected, which places she went to and what time/where she was dropped off after? Seth confirmed KP and Sebastian were the only people that he recognized in the steakhouse cctv, would he recognize the niece? Bit odd the niece didn’t stay for the meal, but perhaps she is little and had to get home early with it being a school night?

One presumes LE have collected all the tech data from all phones that day to corroborate their version of events.

Could KP have been creating an alibi?
Look Sebastian had a great day (the ‘fun fact’ and ‘colossal popcorn’ comments) so going missing was completely out of character…

But, IMO after a busy Saturday as well, it would be chaotic for a child with autism, who we are told prefers structure, relaxing, playing video games in his free time.
Was this a typical Sunday?

The case is a jumble of contradictions!

I would be interested to know who called the niece, how she was collected, which places she went to and what time/where she was dropped off after? Seth confirmed KP and Sebastian were the only people that he recognized in the steakhouse cctv, would he recognize the niece? Bit odd the niece didn’t stay for the meal, but perhaps she is little and had to get home early with it being a school night?

One presumes LE have collected all the tech data from all phones that day to corroborate their version of events.

Could KP have been creating an alibi?
Look Sebastian had a great day (the ‘fun fact’ and ‘colossal popcorn’ comments) so going missing was completely out of character…

But, IMO after a busy Saturday as well, it would be chaotic for a child with autism, who we are told prefers structure, relaxing, playing video games in his free time.
Was this a typical Sunday?

The case is a jumble of contradictions!
Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but did the niece belong to KP's side of the family or could she have been related to CP meaning Seth would be less likely to recognize her? Just trying to throw out all of the theories here.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but did the niece belong to KP's side of the family or could she have been related to CP meaning Seth would be less likely to recognize her? Just trying to throw out all of the theories here.
Yes she was CPs sisters child from what I understand.

ETA I feel like Seth still would have mentioned that they had people with them, even if he didn’t recognize them.

I wonder if it’s an old fashioned thing like it seemed like a call that should be man to man? CP appears to think of masculinity in an old-school way. And/or KP was so worked up that CP didn’t think it’d help anyone for Seth to get the message that way.

I think back to the times family members have passed on my mom’s side of the family. My dad has always told me. I think it’s like something he’s doing for her/ on her behalf to be helpful. Because it’s hard to do.

It could have been a “don’t panic, I’ll call him.”

I did not think any of the parents were involved based on the first interview. I’ll admit I find the idea of manipulative wolves in sheeps clothing really scary and didn’t watch the newer interviews. CP isn’t a perfect human or a perfect stepdad but there’s a difference between that and like sociopathic or even narcissistic. So who knows. I mean I’m not going out of my way to stick up for him. I do think something fishy is going on I just am not convinced that CP and KP are deranged enough to do something cruel.

All JMO.

Yes I get what you’re saying.

For me the more interviews I watch, the body language, eye movements, delayed responses, co dependency, jokes, inappropriate responses, couple dynamics, contradictions, lies and changing stories. These become soooo obvious and very problematic for me.

Don’t get me wrong, i dont want to think ANY mum and dad would harm their child on purpose or cover up a genuine accident, but the sad fact is parents do!
Time and time again

For me the more interviews I watch, the body language, eye movements, delayed responses, co dependency, jokes, inappropriate responses, couple dynamics, contradictions, lies and changing stories. These become soooo obvious and very problematic for me.

Don’t get me wrong, i dont want to think ANY mum and dad would harm their child on purpose or cover up a genuine accident, but the sad fact is parents do!
Time and time again
Oh for sure. Like I said I thought the first interview seemed genuine enough but I’m super biased because I heard the newer ones were shadier and avoided them.

I know the highlights from those and IMO parental involvement is a total tossup at this point. I just don’t know.

I do still think it’s possible that they sent him with someone but idk why or how it would have worked for this long.

Time and time again
Yes, and additionally, my mind cannot let go of how odd it is that CP told Nancy Grace he would willingly take a polygraph initially … later changing his mind (now not willing to take a polygraph). If he truly has nothing to hide & will not agree to this, I still feel this is one of the most major red flags causing me, personally, not to trust CP. (Edited to add that this is “MOO.”)

Polygraphs are sort of pseudo science though. Do you think maybe he was advised against it after he agreed to it?

Hope I’m not being annoying playing devil’s advocate but I feel like this case is one that’s figure outable so I’m trying to look from all angles.

Polygraphs are sort of pseudo science though. Do you think maybe he was advised against it after he agreed to it?

Hope I’m not being annoying playing devil’s advocate but I feel like this case is one that’s figure outable so I’m trying to look from all angles.
It doesn't seem like C&KP have attained lawyers, though. At least not that we know of, and I'd wager people would've made a big deal out of it if it had happened, so there's that.

Polygraphs are not anywhere near precise, but are still a valuable tool. You can't prove anything for a fact using a polygraph, but it can help stir the investigation into the right direction.

That being said, I wouldn't be caught dead doing a polygraph interview even if I was innocent.

Thank you for playing devil’s advocate.

Yes, I believe you are correct that this reason (LE advised CP against polygraph) was mentioned by Nancy Grace herself (as reason CP had given Nancy for changing his mind w/regard to taking the polygraph) in her most recent Sebastian “case update” video.

Would someone who believes CP, on that front, please, kindly, explain to me WHY he/she believes LE would advise CP against following through with a process that could potentially provide LE with additional information that could potentially prove to be helpful in finding Sebastian (dead or alive)?

In my opinion, LE advising CP against following through with said polygraph would not best serve LE’s interests nor Sebastian’s as the exhaustive search efforts have been unfruitful to date.

MOO, LE is no worse off (but may stand to gain SOMETHING helpful or useful) if/when CP were to follow through w/polygraph.

In other words, LE has nothing to lose, IMO. Sebastian’s best interests should be top priority.

Yes, I believe you are correct that this reason (LE advised CP against polygraph) was mentioned by Nancy Grace herself (as reason CP had given Nancy for changing his mind w/regard to taking the polygraph) in her most recent Sebastian “case update” video.

Would someone who believes CP, on that front, please, kindly, explain to me WHY he/she believes LE would advise CP against following through with a process that could potentially provide LE with additional information that could potentially prove to be helpful in finding Sebastian (dead or alive)?

In my opinion, LE advising CP against following through with said polygraph would not best serve LE’s interests nor Sebastian’s as the exhaustive search efforts have been unfruitful to date.

MOO, LE is no worse off (but may stand to gain SOMETHING helpful or useful) if/when CP were to follow through w/polygraph.

In other words, LE has nothing to lose, IMO. Sebastian’s best interests should be top priority.
I think it's weird that police are advising CP regarding anything. They're not lawyers. They're the police.

I have never heard of LE advising against anyone taking a polygraph. There have been times when LE has verified a person’s whereabouts during a crime or a specific timeframe.

Polygraphs are not anywhere near precise, but are still a valuable tool. You can't prove anything for a fact using a polygraph, but it can help stir the investigation into the right direction.
^^^ Snipped by me for focus^^^

Yes - completely agree.

If polygraphs were not seen as a valuable tool (at least to some extent) in LE, generally, & in federal agencies, I doubt they would continue to be used as routinely as they are (MOO).

I am a former career federal employee, and there was a time I considered switching from my, then current, agency to Border Patrol (I think 2009?).

The process was thorough & contained many layers.

After I had successfully passed the written test & the health/physical portion, the background check … The next step was a polygraph test.

EVERYONE who wanted to continue in the process had to take one. (It was not a choice/not optional.)

As an aside, I can tell you, from experience, that “THE EXPERIENCE” was not pleasant & quite stressful (& I knew I had done nothing wrong).

Anyway, my point being, if polygraphs were just pseudo science, I seriously doubt that they would put every Border Patrol applicant (who would go on to be potentially hired) through the polygraph testing process.

I think it's weird that police are advising CP regarding anything. They're not lawyers. They're the police.
"advised" was not even a word CP used in his interview w NG. I can pretty much guarantee LE are not advising any of the case players. At least not in the legal sense of the word. MOO

LE may or may not have told him they didn't feel a need to give him a poly since the alibi he provided them checked out. Or he could just be talking out of his, ahem.

“I have offered and volunteered on many occasions to take a polygraph, but I was told directly by law enforcement that because of my whereabouts, I did not need one,” Mr Proudfoot said on 25 March, referring to the fact he was out-of-town when Sebastian vanished.
Sebastian Rogers’ father reveals son told him he didn’t want to go home before his sudden disappearance

Personally I think CP is a fantasist and talking a load of gobbledygook and I sure as heck wouldn’t put my money on anything he says.
He knows full well the LE aren’t going to go on record and call him a liar on national tv.
He’s playing right into their hands and they must be dissecting every word he utters. Hopefully!

I thought Seth said that CP was already at the house when he got there that morning?
No, KP was there. LE was there. A relative of CP (his mother?) was there.

Seth came straight from work after getting the message on his personal phone which he apparently leaves in his car while he works. He arrived before 8AM. There was a little chatter, he finished work, went to his car & saw the message, went back into work to make sure he was cleared to leave, went back to his car & went to C&K’s house. This was from his first Nancy Grace Show. The CP relative being at the house came out later, I don’t recall reading that from either of their Nancy Grace transcripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery