CA-Los Angeles: Infant death on 405 Fwy tied to 2 other deadly scenes

Suspect in murder-suicide was astrology influencer

News / Apr 10, 2024 / 07:05 PM PDT
A woman who authorities say fatally stabbed her partner at their Los Angeles apartment Monday then threw her two children from a moving SUV onto the freeway, killing her infant daughter, was an astrologer who called the impending solar eclipse “the epitome of spiritual warfare” in an online post days earlier. This report aired on KTLA 5 News at 5, April 10, 2024. Details: ktla.com
9EBEBD721DD2D9B3ABC0064024C4B00E_160x90.jpg

I think the mom intended to spare the kids by getting them out of the car. She was clearly not able to think rationally at that point but in that case getting them out of the car she was driving may have been her short-sighted way of getting them to safety.

She took the kids with her instead of hurting them but then I think she knew she was going to end her own life with the car so they couldn’t stay in the car.

If the little girl had been in the car when it hit the tree I don’t think she would have lived given the image I saw of the car.
I agree, but if she wanted them to be safe, pushing them out of the car ON THE 405 freeway is not the answer. She got off the freeway to go find a tree to run into---I wish she had dropped them off on a regular sidewalk somewhere.

That sweet 9 yr old would be so much happier if she had her baby sister to be taking care of right now. This is so devastating for that poor young girl.

I really hope her father gets her much needed professional help and he is loving and caring.

Also updated on another local news source.

Danielle Cherakiyah Johnson was posting on social media concerns about the eclipse and the apocalypse.
Johnson was apparently a popular astrology influencer with more than 100,000 followers on X, Eyewitness News has learned. She went by @MysticxLipstick and described herself as a "divine healer" and astrologer.

Also updated on another local news source.

Danielle Cherakiyah Johnson was posting on social media concerns about the eclipse and the apocalypse.
Johnson was apparently a popular astrology influencer with more than 100,000 followers on X, Eyewitness News has learned. She went by @MysticxLipstick and described herself as a "divine healer" and astrologer.

Pushed her kids out of a MOVING vehicle into the MIDDLE of the freeway. She didn't even stop on the side.

Pushed her kids out of a MOVING vehicle into the MIDDLE of the freeway. She didn't even stop on the side.
This doesn't surprise me in the least. I had envisioned them screaming their heads off in the car, since the eldest witnessed what went down and understood. As for the infant... likely screaming her head off just from picking up on bad vibes and likely (IMO) yelling and fighting going on inside the car. All MOO. Danielle couldn't take it any longer, and pushed them out to get some peace and quiet to think about things (i.e - what she was going to next). It's all so sad.

Here she is giving an interview, on her birthday, on 9/29/23 on the Scottie and Sylvia show. I'm so upset because I took a LOT of notes, with timestamps, etc. yesterday, and then my computer rebooted overnight and I lost everything. I'm digging through History but hope to find my notes to share. I'm not a happy camper right now. :(

Anyway, here is her interview.

As far as family annihilations go, this one is so far from “textbook”. The perpetrator being a woman, the family members being killed in different places and by different methods, a child surviving… Given neighbours said they heard them arguing for a long period prior to the initial murder (Chaney), I wonder if the argument escalated into a physical altercation, at least on Johnson’s end, and things unfolded from there. Rather than things being premeditated, I mean.

I don’t feel like there is enough data on family annihilations carried out by female perpetrators to see whether the motivating factors tend to be the same for men and women. Pertaining specifically to this case, Johnson’s twitter account is full of conspiracy theories—her posts don’t really give the impression of stability.

RIP and much love to the young daughter who survived. Hopefully she has a lot of support around her :(

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I had envisioned them screaming their heads off in the car, since the eldest witnessed what went down and understood. As for the infant... likely screaming her head off just from picking up on bad vibes and likely (IMO) yelling and fighting going on inside the car. All MOO. Danielle couldn't take it any longer, and pushed them out to get some peace and quiet to think about things (i.e - what she was going to next). It's all so sad.
This is exactly what I've been picturing happened since the story broke, I was just hoping I was wrong.

I wish she'd just left those babies at home with their dead daddy/stepdaddy. It would still be horrific trauma, but they'd be alive. The nine year old could have called 911 or run to a neighbour. Instead, she's got to live with the trauma not only of that, but of her mother trying to murder her, and the endless guilt of not being able to hold onto her sister, and seeing her be run over in front of her. I can't even imagine.

MOO

The mother and the two children were in the SUV on the 405 Freeway in the Westchester area when Johnson slowed the moving vehicle, opened the passenger door and then told her daughter "to get out of the car, and when the daughter didn't do that she then forcibly pushed her out of the vehicle, in the middle of the freeway, while moving, while the 9-year-old was holding the 8-month-old baby," Los Angeles Police Department Lt. Guy Nolan said.

The eclipse, for real? She shouldn’t have been allowed the public platform to spew craziness about that. Or it should have caused a wellness check or something. I hope in the future we actually have some consequences for people who spread insane stuff online, even if it’s “you are not well, we’re taking your kids into care”

The eclipse, for real? She shouldn’t have been allowed the public platform to spew craziness about that. Or it should have caused a wellness check or something. I hope in the future we actually have some consequences for people who spread insane stuff online, even if it’s “you are not well, we’re taking your kids into care”
If you're ever in any online spaces that slant slightly woo, this stuff is prevalent, and the vast majority of people who say it don't end up murdering their families.

This is an horrific event, but I doubt the eclipse was really a true motivation behind what happened. DV plus mental health plus extreme narcissistic rage are more likely to be what happened here... The eclipse was just window dressing.

MOO

Wow at this. I can't even imagine what in the world she was thinking. Did she really think she was going to be able to drag a grown man to the car to dispose of him? And without being seen? And all the blood evidence left behind. No way in heck was she going to be able to cover up that crime. *smh with a sigh*

She stabbed Chaney in the chest while he was on the couch. According to the Los Angeles Times, she reportedly tried to drag his bloody body out of the apartment, but at some point, gave up and dragged the body back into the apartment kitchen, the newspaper reported.

Seeing that gate at the apartment garage, I'm surprised the airbags didn't go off there. Maybe if they had it would have slowed her down enough for someone to notice & call 911 & perhaps both children would have made it out alive. (Otoh, if they were both in the front seat, the impact of the airbags could have severely injured or even killed one or both children.)

What a horrific case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear
Back