OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

Looks like the DM has yet to learn it's lesson.
Simpson's estate could try suing for defamation due to him not being convicted of killing his wife.

'OJ Simpson dead at 76 after cancer battle: Football star turned wife killer died at home 'surrounded by family'​

Looks like the DM has yet to learn it's lesson.
Simpson's estate could try suing for defamation due to him not being convicted of killing his wife.

'OJ Simpson dead at 76 after cancer battle: Football star turned wife killer died at home 'surrounded by family'​

They talk at length about the successful civil case in the article, so I imagine they feel they've covered their bases. If not, I assume they'll edit the headline... after we've all already seen it.

MOO

I watched his trial live as I was working 2nd and 3rd shift at the time. I thought he was 100% guilty. I guess the civil case and the later prison time was some kind of justice. His trial taught me a few things:

1. Powerful attorneys can establish "doubt" into the minds of jurors for almost anything, no matter how inane their theories.

2. LA DA's office was completely inept and so was Judge Ito.

3. At the time celebrities still had the power to be able to get away with murder that almost anyone else would have been convicted for.

4. How different racial backgrounds see the same evidence differently.

5. Out of this case, law enforcement everywhere collected and stored DNA differently.

They talk at length about the successful civil case in the article, so I imagine they feel they've covered their bases. If not, I assume they'll edit the headline... after we've all already seen it.

MOO
The question is answered.

Question​

O.J. Simpson was NOT guilty of murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman as judged by criminal court jury. Yet a civil court jury held him legally responsible for their deaths. So, how is the civil court's determination different from the criminal? And is O.J. still NOT guilty of murder?

Answer​

I watched his trial live as I was working 2nd and 3rd shift at the time. I thought he was 100% guilty. I guess the civil case and the later prison time was some kind of justice. His trial taught me a few things:

1. Powerful attorneys can establish "doubt" into the minds of jurors for almost anything, no matter how inane their theories.

2. LA DA's office was completely inept and so was Judge Ito.

3. At the time celebrities still had the power to be able to get away with murder that almost anyone else would have been convicted for.

4. How different racial backgrounds see the same evidence differently.

5. Out of this case, law enforcement everywhere collected and stored DNA differently.

All good points. I still tend to think the jury knew he was guilty, but acquitted him because he was a celebrity.

It was beneficial in that it made LE really focus on having good evidence collection procedures and a good chain of custody in murder investigations.

CNN is playing the old video of the 60 mile slow speed car chase with OJ in the white Bronco. JMO, OJ was a classic narcissistic sociopath. He felt no remorse and was very good at smooth talking and entertaining people. I remember thinking during the Bronco chase that he wasn't going to commit suicide because he was too much of a narc.

FRED GOLDMAN, FATHER of alleged O.J. Simpson murder victim Ron Goldman, tells Rolling Stone his thoughts are with his son and Nicole Brown Simpson following the news of Simpson’s death at the age of 76.

“The only thing I have to say is that today is just a further reminder of how long we have missed my son, how long he’s been gone, and the only thing that is important today are the victims,” Goldman says. “That’s it. I have nothing else to say.”

FRED GOLDMAN, FATHER of alleged O.J. Simpson murder victim Ron Goldman, tells Rolling Stone his thoughts are with his son and Nicole Brown Simpson following the news of Simpson’s death at the age of 76.

“The only thing I have to say is that today is just a further reminder of how long we have missed my son, how long he’s been gone, and the only thing that is important today are the victims,” Goldman says. “That’s it. I have nothing else to say.”

Classy, but also deeply, deeply heartbreaking.

The other thing that happened from this trial was the whole legal analyst position on networks. Cable was already well established, so was CNN, as well as other TV news sources, but they all immediately hired attorneys to do legal analysis. That position exists today because of the OJ trial. And also from that, in depth coverage of notorious trials.

The 1995 trial was one of the biggest miscarriages of justice in history. This perp. brutally murdered two people in cold blood & got off scot-free. This is despite a plethora of DNA evidence/blood evidence/physical evidence/a documented history of domestic abuse towards one of the victims/etc.

It's good that this trial was televised, if only to prove how much of a joke & a farce this was - ridiculous.

The 1995 trial was one of the biggest miscarriages of justice in history. This perp. brutally murdered two people in cold blood & got off scot-free. This is despite a plethora of DNA evidence/blood evidence/physical evidence/a documented history of domestic abuse towards one of the victims/etc.

It's good that this trial was televised, if only to prove how much of a joke & a farce this was - ridiculous.
OJ was found not guilty + is considered a victim.

The death of O.J. Simpson drew immediate reaction around the country Thursday, renewing public interest in his era-defining 1995 murder trial — and reviving painful memories for the families who were close to the events.

Simpson was acquitted of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman, capping off what legal analysts described at the time as the "trial of the century."

Goldman's father, Fred Goldman, told NBC News that the news of Simpson's death only further underscored his grief for his son, who was found stabbed to death outside Brown Simpson's home in Los Angeles on June 12, 1994...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutaba
Back