OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

My opinion is certainly not going to be viewed positive here, but he was found not guilty, let's let him rest in peace. He will or has already met his ultimate judge, let's leave it to God to dole out his sentence; none of us can know for sure what happened. May he rest in peace and may God have mercy on his soul. MOO katt

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Like a lot ofpeople, I reserved judgment about OJ until I watched the trial and saw/heard the evidence. It seemed to me he was guilty. It was a crime of passion, a brutal, terrifying crime with one of the worst crime scenes ever. Jealousy, rage, etc. Websleuths members follow the same type of cases regularly. Means, motive, opportunity. Try as they might, the crime scene investigators still made some mitakes that damaged their case. It didn't make OJ innocent, though. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
in a society where black people have continually been railroaded by the justice system (erroneous convictions) this was a historical case whether you feel he’s guilty or not and has been a fascinating study for sociologists and lawyers alike.
Money can definitely buy your freedom, in my opinion.

His family deserves peace, and I’m sending love to all who loved him, Nichole and Rod.

I watched the trial and felt sorry for kato kaelin having to testify, mark furhnam didn’t help. But the look on Robert kardashian’s face was telling to me.

Jmo

I felt sorry for Kato Kaelin, too. He must have been traumatized after learning of the brutal murders, recalling the loud noise he heard that night, realizing it was OJ sneaking back into his property. It takes a pretty strong person to come forward and tell LE what your good friend did.

I feel tremendous sympathy for OJ's children, as well as the families of Nicole and Ron. They were all stalwarts during the trial and accomplished so much on behalf of victims of domestic violence.

That's all I care about too. Their loss should be the primary focus here, not him and the callous, cunning, murderous waste of space he was.

The sycophantic reporting on his death is beyond distasteful.
I wasn't sure which emoji to use, so I chose "like" because I agree with you 100%.

Newsweek Magazine did a story about how the sequestered jurors had their media censored to remove OJ references, and someone wrote to them asking where he could subscribe to this service. Also, when the Oklahoma City bombing happened, my first thought was, "So, how long will this dislodge OJ from the top of the news?" The answer? TWO DAYS.

The only person I ever spoke to who believed he didn't do it was a white guy who thought his older son Jason did it.

I wasn't sure which emoji to use, so I chose "like" because I agree with you 100%.

Newsweek Magazine did a story about how the sequestered jurors had their media censored to remove OJ references, and someone wrote to them asking where he could subscribe to this service. Also, when the Oklahoma City bombing happened, my first thought was, "So, how long will this dislodge OJ from the top of the news?" The answer? TWO DAYS.

The only person I ever spoke to who believed he didn't do it was a white guy who thought his older son Jason did it.

And my mother, sad to say.

My thoughts are with the families of Ron and Nicole and with those who loved OJ (not sure if he had a relationship with his children and/or other family members).

I was still in high school when the OJ trial was going on and I didn't watch it, but I remember the bronco chase on TV and I recall bits and pieces. Why was it the trial lasted as long as it did? I recall the jury was sequestered also. I saw a show and I wish I could remember the name of it.. something about the jury and each episode was a different case. I'll see if I can find it. I remember feeling sorry for the jury. I don't think a jury should be sequestered for nearly a year long trial. I don't think a trial should last a year. I don't understand that at all. It can't be THAT complicated that it takes that long to get through the evidence and facts.

Too bad people couldn't even give those who loved and cared for O.J. enough time for him to be laid to rest before they began bashing him, the trial, etc. Says a lot about them, imoo.

It's sad all the way around. In the end, it's OJ who brought such pain upon his loved ones. Things would have been much different if he had accepted that his wife needed a divorce, to extract herself from an extremely violent marriage. Those children were very damaged when they had to experience their father breaking into their mother's home on more than one occasion to beat her.

Remember the terrifying recordings of Nicole's 911 calls as OJ is breaking into her apartment? The photos of her bruised face?

Transcripts

Here's TMZ's recording of the 911 call. It's a little more clear than the one above, but the same sad conversation.

Last edited:

The coverage I read earlier was so focused on his career, the iconic place he occupied in American sport history, his celebrity, even after what happened - what he did - to Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. That generated only the equivalant of a small 'oh well, we'll never know' postscript at the end.

I have no time for the likes of Caitlin Jenner or anyone else who's using OJ's death as an opportunity to catch 'likes' but I equally have no problem with anyone saying good riddance in response to OJ's death. He demonstrated time after time that he had no care or empathy for anyone so why should anyone now have care or empathy or sympathy for him.

Those that think he somehow deserves better can cry me a river.

Last edited:
PLEASE STOP! Stop with the discussions about Cailtlyn Jenner or other cases. This is about O.J. You can discuss the trial and O.J. as a person but please do not stray off topic ok?
Thank you.

To anyone that is interested & hasn't already seen this, I would strongly recommend the superb documentary O.J.: Made in America (2016). It follows O.J. as a youth, through his athletic career, marriages, the NBS/RG murder/criminal trial; the later civil trial; the subsequent Las Vegas theft & trial; etc. IMHO this is definitely one of the best documentaries ever made.

Last edited:
To anyone that is interested & if you haven't already seen this, I would strongly recommend the superb documentary O.J.: Made in America (2016). It follows O.J. as a youth, through his athletic career, marriages, the NBS/RG murder/trial; the later civil trial; the subsequent Las Vegas theft & trial; etc. IMHO this is definitely one of the best documentaries ever made.

Do you know if OJ was ever tested for CTE?

They talk at length about the successful civil case in the article, so I imagine they feel they've covered their bases. If not, I assume they'll edit the headline... after we've all already seen it.

MOO
Well, they did say "accused" double-murderer. And then, he was found liable in a civil. The kicker for me, though, was when he wrote a book about how he did it.

Still, death is the ultimate equalizer. None of us can escape it. I wish his family well--they've already been through enough.

Well, they did say "accused" double-murderer. And then, he was found liable in a civil. The kicker for me, though, was when he wrote a book about how he did it.

Still, death is the ultimate equalizer. None of us can escape it. I wish his family well--they've already been through enough.

I've never read that book, but I might. I'd forgotten that Ron Goldman's family won the rights to that book, so collected the profits.

In 2006, a ghostwritten book titled "If I Did It," described by the publisher as a "hypothetical" confession and said to be based on interviews with Simpson, was scheduled to be published in conjunction with a TV special that would also feature Simpson. The special was cancelled following widespread criticism, and the family of Ron Goldman – still pursuing the unpaid monetary damages awarded them in Simpson's civil trial – was awarded the rights to the book, which they retitled and published as "If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer."

There was a book written by a Private Investigator, William C. Dear, that believed his son did it, and OJ covered for him.

Book: O.J. Is Innocent and I Can Prove It: The Shocking Truth about the Murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892
Back