NV-Lawyer fatally shoots former daughter-in-law, fellow attorney in Las Vegas law firm

stg

Reaction score
Last edited:
A lawyer fatally shot his former daughter-in-law, as well as a fellow attorney, during a deposition at a Las Vegas law firm Monday morning, two sources familiar with the investigation said.

The shooter opened fire at the Prince Law Group office in Summerlin during a deposition of his son, whom he had been representing, the sources said Monday afternoon.

The other lawyer was representing his own wife, who was the former daughter-in-law of the shooter and opposing counsel, the sources said.

The alleged gunman died after he turned the gun on himself, according to the sources. His son survived.

The Clark County Coroner's Office on Tuesday identified the deceased people as Ashley Prince, 30; Dennis Prince, 57 and Joseph Houston, 77.

The Princes recently had a child together, friends confirmed to the 8 News Now Investigators. Both also had children from previous marriages.

Channel 13 is also learning new details regarding the relationship between Ashley Prince and her ex-husband Dylan Houston. Court records revealed the two were married in October 2017 and after four years and two kids, Dylan Houston filed for divorce. At first, the couple split custody evenly, but in the spring of 2022, Ashley asked to modify the custody agreement.

The court also ordered Dylan to undergo regular drug and alcohol screenings and to remain at least 100 yards away from Ashley's home, work, and parents' home.

Ashley and Dennis Prince were married in late 2023

total of seven people were present during the shooting: three representing one party, three representing the other, and a court reporter.

Five days before the shooting, Dylan Houston, who is also an attorney, emailed Dennis Prince, “You have no idea what’s coming do you, all your cards are on the table and I haven’t played one [laughing emoji],” according to documents the 8 News Now Investigators obtained.

The email was sent at 1:28 a.m. on April 4.

Geez, I was taken aback a bit by the age gap of the deceased couple (30 year old woman, 57 year old man) and was even more surprised to read that they’d just had a child six months ago! IMO, I find it hard to believe Ashley’s ex-husband truly had no idea what his father was planning, given the ominous email he sent Dennis Prince (quoted upthread by @Fairy1). Relieved that the two children at the center of the custody dispute are in the custody of AP’s sister—hopefully their siblings (the two young children of AP and DP) are with them as well—poor kids shouldn’t have to deal with any additional separation trauma at this sad moment.

Last edited:
Geez, I was taken aback a bit by the age gap of the deceased couple (30 year old woman, 57 year old man) and was even more surprised to read that they’d just had a child six months ago! IMO, I find it hard to believe Ashley’s ex-husband truly had no idea what his father was planning, given the ominous email he sent Dennis Prince (quoted upthread by @Fairy1) and I wouldn’t be shocked to learn that he currently has custody of the two children he and Ashley Prince shared…which is exactly what he was fighting for in this contentious court case (although their whereabouts aren’t mentioned in any of the reporting so far).
Not sure where the babies are now - there seems to be quite a lot to unravel here and LE is being pretty tight-lipped so far. It definitely appears the ex's behavior was alarming enough for Ashley to petition for sole custody. I very much doubt the kids are with any member of his family considering his own father was the murderer. What a shame for all involved.

I was thinking that maybe people should go through metal detectors prior to meetings about divorces. But, in this case, the shooter was an attorney at the firm. So, he probably wouldn't have had to go thru the metal detector anyway...if they were available.
My hubby is a family law attorney. He has one in his office for protection

Not sure where the babies are now - there seems to be quite a lot to unravel here and LE is being pretty tight-lipped so far. It definitely appears the ex's behavior was alarming enough for Ashley to petition for sole custody. I very much doubt the kids are with any member of his family considering his own father was the murderer. What a shame for all involved.
Moo...with respect, Ashley has a new baby n new lawyer hubby. If they got sole custody...this is probably more to do $, as in ex makes good money, so high maintenance payments. Lot of lawyers involved not a pretty situation. Just power plays, more what's best for the adults financially, than well being of children....moo

Moo...with respect, Ashley has a new baby n new lawyer hubby. If they got sole custody...this is probably more to do $, as in ex makes good money, so high maintenance payments. Lot of lawyers involved not a pretty situation. Just power plays, more what's best for the adults financially, than well being of hildren....moo
Well, Ashley and her new lawyer husband were murdered. Ashley believed that an emergency petition for sole custody was necessary based on the actions and behavior of her ex.

Anyway, here's where all the babies are now:

Moo...with respect, Ashley has a new baby n new lawyer hubby. If they got sole custody...this is probably more to do $, as in ex makes good money, so high maintenance payments. Lot of lawyers involved not a pretty situation. Just power plays, more what's best for the adults financially, than well being of children....moo
It doesn't sound like the custody issue was about money. They initially had shared custody and that was changing. I think it already had changed and changing further. The conditions of his custody with the kids in regards to constant alcohol testing would seem to indicate he had a significant drinking issue. And I believe there had been a restraining order at some point or least an application. And I don't think the shooter did his son any favors. Just made things horrific for everyone.

How incredibly selfish and reckless was this act.

The old man damaged the future and the mental health of his own grandchildren and an innocent baby.

Horrible, horrible man. I hope there is a hell.

Exactly. Inflicting life long trauma on his own grandchildren, depriving them of their mother, all to win. I hope that father never gets custody personally. Anyone using cocaine and drinking while watching their preschoolers is a dangerous and terrible parent. And I agree with others that I will never believe his father never even hinted at what he planned to do. The murderer was gloating to the person he planned to murder. No way did he refrain from gloating to anyone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back