MISTRIAL AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, shot and killed with AK-47, rancher George Alan Kelly charged, Kino Springs, Jan 2023 #2

Can't prove bullet came from Mr Kelly's gun raises reasonable doubt.

Possibility of a different shooter raises reasonable doubt.

Victim wearing combat clothes holding sophisticated radio with missing items raises reasonable doubt.
Such as a drug runner or smuggler getting robbed as opposed to a guy just trying to get some place.

Not Guilty....

2 Cents

I just completed the am portion of today's trial.
Notes: Absolutely zero time constraints were given.
:rolleyes:

Court may resume trial on Monday. ( Usually day off )
It will be up to the jury?

End of am session has the state crying and pleading to return poor Wanda Kelly to the stand !!! They want another stab at impeaching her. Defense is objecting. Judge Fink will return after lunch with a ruling.

I watched the morning session and I've just started watching the pm... Judge tried to backpedal on rushing things. BUT the damage was done by not allowing defense to FULLY cross-examine the detective. I think Larkin would have asked many more questions about crossing into Mexico and questioning the "witness". I hope she and Lowthorpe can eventually hammer them all. (However, if detective, sheriff and judge have their way... truth will be silenced)
jmo

I watched the morning session and I've just started watching the pm... Judge tried to backpedal on rushing things. BUT the damage was done by not allowing defense to FULLY cross-examine the detective. I think Larkin would have asked many more questions about crossing into Mexico and questioning the "witness". I hope she and Lowthorpe can eventually hammer them all. (However, if detective, sheriff and judge have their way... truth will be silenced)
jmo

I agree. I believe that the sudden " We may go well into next week, and maybe beyond" statement by Fink to the jury, indicates that he knows he was way out of bounds yesterday.
And further, that the defense, when finally able to present their case in chief will most certainly call Detective Barba back on the stand. Fink gave them permission yesterday during his rant. And also stated that they could exam him using leading questions. Done deal. Defense will have all the time they need, now that he opened that can of crud.

Also noted....Hunley from state cried that she overheard Lowthorp say " Liar" on her mic during states direct with Ainza. :rolleyes:

This is getting pathetic now..

I agree. I believe that the sudden " We may go well into next week, and maybe beyond" statement by Fink to the jury, indicates that he knows he was way out of bounds yesterday.
And further, that the defense, when finally able to present their case in chief will most certainly call Detective Barba back on the stand. Fink gave them permission yesterday during his rant. And also stated that they could exam him using leading questions. Done deal. Defense will have all the time they need, now that he opened that can of crud.

Also noted....Hunley from state cried that she overheard Lowthorp say " Liar" on her mic during states direct with Ainza. :rolleyes:

This is getting pathetic now..

Ohhh that Lowthorpe said "liar" on mic thing was ridiculous & childish.

I hope they can lead Det Barba from that courtroom to Mexico and back again during their exam ;)

I'm listening to the recorded interrogation of Mr Kelly now :(

It is pathetic @shotgun09 . Such a sloppy investigation. Although I think there may have been an agenda to prosecute and make an example of Mr. Kelly that IMO appears to have backfired and exposed more than the state would like to admit at the moment. JMO

Lowthorpe delivering a powerful cross!

ETA: Detective considers Mr Kelly unreliable BUT the witness they brought in was reliable!! How could anyone believe this was a "real" investigation?!

This was the best fiery cross-exam I've heard in quite awhile! L & L are a power team ;)

Last edited:
After listening to the detective answer Lowthorpe's questions... could the jury be allowed to consider lesser charges (reckless endangerment, etc) rather than premeditated first degree?? Is that even possible now?

It is pathetic @shotgun09 . Such a sloppy investigation. Although I think there may have been an agenda to prosecute and make an example of Mr. Kelly that IMO appears to have backfired and exposed more than the state would like to admit at the moment. JMO

I agree. I have zero doubt this was agenda driven. Who's agenda remains a secret, as the state still denies it by continuing this to trial.

The plea deal denied was a call your bluff move by the defense, IMO.

They can prove NOTHING beyond a reasonable doubt.
Doubt is flooding the courtroom....they need a plumber in there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back