FL FL - Ashley Nicole Martin, 27, New Port Richey, disappeared while scuba diving, 10 June 2006

lightofmine99

♞Ⅸ
Reaction score
Ashley Nicole (née Martin) Mauldin - June 10, 2006.
4723DFFL1.jpg4723DFFL2.jpg4723DFFL.jpg
Circumstances
Ashley reportedly went missing while scuba diving in the Gulf Coast, 14 miles off New Port Richey, with two other divers when she went under and never resurfaced. Ashley wasn't certified for scuba diving and the day she disappeared was her first time diving in open waters. Investigators say the water was 28 feet deep and calm on the day Ashley went missing.

The Coast Guard searched 1600 square miles of the Gulf around the area Ashley disappeared but found no sign of Ashely nor any of her equipment, including her air tank or diving weights. The FBI believes that foul play is involved.
(per DN).

Mauldin was last seen in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida on June 10, 2006. She was out with her husband, stepdaughter and friends on a 23-foot pleasure boat, "My Millie II." Mauldin went scuba diving with five others at a shallow man-made reef that afternoon. The water was 28 feet deep and the seas were calm. Her companions surfaced at the end of the 40-minute dive, but Mauldin did not, and has never been heard from again. (per Charley Project).
Information​
  • Name: Ashley Nicole (née Martin) Mauldin​
  • Missing Age: 27​
  • Current Age: 45​
  • Date of Last Contact: June 10, 2006.​
    • Gulf of Mexico​
    • Hudson, Florida (per Charley Project).​
  • Sex: Female​
  • Race: White​
  • Height: 5' 5" - 5' 7"​
  • Weight: 170 - 185 lbs.​
  • Eyes: Dark brown to black​
    • wears contacts and glasses​
    • eyes are so dark it's difficult to see the pupils​
  • Hair: Black, naturally curly.​
    • usually worn straightened​
    • flipped or turned under at chin or shoulder length​
  • Clothing: Swimwear, scuba gear​
    • two piece blue and black Speedo swimsuit OR​
    • light green shorts​
    • tank top​
  • Jewelry: small white gold cross necklace with a cubic zirconia​
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Several​
    • brown birthmark on right thigh​
    • false left eyetooth​
    • pierced ears​
    • suffers from migraine headaches and hypoglycemia​
    • allergic to penicillin and sulfates​
Notes​
There is slightly different information posted to NamUs and Charley project; additional information from Charley Project was included above. The Charley Project also includes several links to various pages and articles on Ashley Martin.

The case is being investigated by the FBI office in Tampa, Florida (CN:301-TP-69304).
Links / Sources​

This is the article in order if you can't access it on TBT
ashley1.jpgashley2.jpgashley3.jpgashley4.jpgashley5.jpg

I read a few articles online about Ashley's disappearance.
The husband, stepdaughter, and a few others were on this diving trip.
Husband was teaching his daughter to snorkel by boat when Ashley went scuba diving with 4? others.
Ashley had never been diving before and was not certified.
When the group surfaced husband and step daughter saw Ashley surface far away from others. Then they could not see her anymore.
Coast guard felt it was suspicious because the water was 28 ft and they searched 1600 sq miles and did not find her diving equipment.
My thoughts, husband should have been with Ashley and not brought daughter that day if it was Ashley's first time. The sea is vast and untelling. There is no guarantee that she stayed in 28 ft water, I believe as an inexperienced diver she got caught up in a current and eventually succumbed to the elements, fatigue, or predators to be honest. I don't feel it was foul play or suspicious. '
There would have been too many witnesses including a child for husband to do something to her and husband saw her surface far away (some articles say he didnt see her surface however) so its unlikely one of the other divers just suddenly decided to do something with others around. Just my thoughts. Sad accident

This is the article in order if you can't access it on TBT
View attachment 496604View attachment 496605View attachment 496607View attachment 496608View attachment 496609
Date of article is July 13, 2006.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodhaven1
Back