HI - DUI Task Force Officer Jason Thompson, 44, Maui, Suspicious Death ruled a Suicide, Aug 5 2020

Alohaj

Verified family member - Jason Thompson case
Reaction score
Real America - Dan W/ Judy Thompson (July 16, 2021)

Jason Thompson was a Maui Police DUI Officer, who died of an alleged suicide on August 5, 2020. On the official Police Autopsy and Crime Scene pictures, it is evident that Jason had numerous wounds on his hands, arms and head that are NOT listed on the autopsy report, and were not present one hour before his death. The ME and the authorities vehemently deny those wounds exist.

Jason had no indicators for suicide and his actions up to the day before his death indicate he was moving forward with his life. He had just passed a test for Sergeant and had an opportunity for a promotion to another department he had been training for, he had refinanced his house, and he was building a playhouse with his children. He had never suffered from any type of depression or mental illness.

Attachments

• 52AC7F50-F34F-4BE1-BF43-2965EC4B137A.jpeg
    52AC7F50-F34F-4BE1-BF43-2965EC4B137A.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:
Bump to say that the mods have approved the episode of Real America linked above.

Some additional resources:

Here's a link to a brief article dated 1 Sept. 2020 in Private Officer News regarding Jason's death. The quote references a death due to suicide, which is contested by family members.

Below is a photo of Jason taken at a DUI checkpoint while he administers a field sobriety test. The photo appeared in the Maui News, They're Gone Too Soon, dated 30 June 2019.

rally-dui-20190726_202109-579x840.jpg

DUI Task Force officer Jason Thompson holds up his finger for a driver to follow with his eyes during a field sobriety test Friday night at a DUI checkpoint on North Kihei Road. The driver went on his way after Thompson determined he wasn’t under the influence of alcohol. The Maui News / LILA FUJIMOTO photo

Attachments

• JT - rally-dui-20190726_202109-579x840.jpg
    JT - rally-dui-20190726_202109-579x840.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1
Hi everyone,

Alohaj has been verified as a family member of Jason's. We will let Alohaj share with you their relationship to Jason if/when they are comfortable in doing so.

As a VI, @Alohaj is not required to provide links to their inside knowledge of the case or what they state as fact. Please treat our VI with respect at all times, and if you happen to disagree with anything they share, please do not argue or bicker with them, badger or challenge them.

One of the additional things that has been happening in this case is every time I go to anyone for help, they start to ask questions of the authorities and then all of a sudden they don’t want to help me. There is a clear pattern of this. There is some story that is being told that is deterring anyone from helping me to find out the truth. There is a concerted effort to keep anyone from helping. I would certainly like to know the story that the police are telling anyone who potentially wants to help.

if Jason took his life, then why are those wounds on his hands and arms, and the authorities insists they don’t exist?

He was seen one hour before his death, those wounds were not there, he was acting normal. Family members saw him hours before his death amd he was fine.

One of his fellow officers that was supposed to be his friend told an outrageous story of Jason having strange behavior, and yet Jason could not have been there at that time, so it was totally fabricated. That man has since bought a new house and three new vehicles.

During his investigation, not one member of his family, or any of his friends, were contacted and interviewed, no medical records were requested, they didn’t even take his cell phone to look what was on there!!

How odd that a fellow law enforcement officer from your own department dies, and you don’t even try to do a thorough investigation. I don’t like to accuse them of a cover-up, but I’m not sure what other conclusion I can come to.

One of the additional things that has been happening in this case is every time I go to anyone for help, they start to ask questions of the authorities and then all of a sudden they don’t want to help me. There is a clear pattern of this. There is some story that is being told that is deterring anyone from helping me to find out the truth. There is a concerted effort to keep anyone from helping. I would certainly like to know the story that the police are telling anyone who potentially wants to help.

if Jason took his life, then why are those wounds on his hands and arms, and the authorities insists they don’t exist?

He was seen one hour before his death, those wounds were not there, he was acting normal. Family members saw him hours before his death amd he was fine.

One of his fellow officers that was supposed to be his friend told an outrageous story of Jason having strange behavior, and yet Jason could not have been there at that time, so it was totally fabricated. That man has since bought a new house and three new vehicles.

During his investigation, not one member of his family, or any of his friends, were contacted and interviewed, no medical records were requested, they didn’t even take his cell phone to look what was on there!!

How odd that a fellow law enforcement officer from your own department dies, and you don’t even try to do a thorough investigation. I don’t like to accuse them of a cover-up, but I’m not sure what other conclusion I can come to.

Hello AlohaJ,
I was born and raised on Maui, but moved away almost 20 years ago. I still keep up with the news there and saw the video with Dan. I am so sorry for your loss. ❤
My question if I may ask is were there any witnesses?

Hello AlohaJ,
I was born and raised on Maui, but moved away almost 20 years ago. I still keep up with the news there and saw the video with Dan. I am so sorry for your loss. ❤
My question if I may ask is were there any witnesses?
Aloha, his wife says she witnessed him taking his life. however
1. Her account of What happened in the police report makes no sense, and has many untruths
2 she won’t discuss or account for the defensive injuries he has
3. She banned myself and another family member from any contact with Jason’s children after I started an Instagram account to try to find out the truth of what happened
4. She financially benefited … significantly, from his death

there’s so much more I just can’t publicly post it at this time.

Aloha, his wife says she witnessed him taking his life. however
1. Her account of What happened in the police report makes no sense, and has many untruths
2 she won’t discuss or account for the defensive injuries he has
3. She banned myself and another family member from any contact with Jason’s children after I started an Instagram account to try to find out the truth of what happened
4. She financially benefited … significantly, from his death

there’s so much more I just can’t publicly post it at this time.
I was aware of this case a few years ago. I was hoping that there was some new information. The Maui Police Department doesn’t seem like any group of people I would ever want to rely on for truth.

It has been conclusively proved that Jason Thompson, a Maui Police Officer, could not have taken his life and was murdered! Jason was wearing an Apple Watch, which included a Health App. That Health App was tracking his heartbeat, his active energy, his steps and distance and flights climbed. I have a report from the Maui Police Department that was extracted from his Apple Watch and shows minute by minute, what happened from midnight until the time of his death. Jason died at 7:58 AM, and his body was then moving for 13 minutes And went up a flight of stairs with no heartbeat or active energy. Approximately 30 minutes after that 6 separate neighbors all reported hearing gunshots, just prior to the police arriving. Jason had been dead for almost 40 minutes. There have been over 30 murders solved worldwide from this type of technology. It’s conclusive. Irrefutable. And yet the authorities, MPD and the prosecutors office and many other government agencies , that I have contacted all want to ignore the facts. That is the biggest question, why?
I was aware of this case a few years ago. I was hoping that there was some new information. The Maui Police Department doesn’t seem like any group of people I would ever want to rely on for truth.
I’ve just put an update on his case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes