Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

I think there is more to this

Maybe someone else / others are involved in some way and are keeping quiet

Possibly someone else has taken SM away after the accused has killed her

It could be another reason he's keeping his mouth shut

And possibly he doesn't know where SM is

It's hard to think if a 22-year-old guy could go into so much planning by himself to make sure SM body is not found

Interesting from an article

Police have not DISCLOSED how Murphy was Allegedly Murdered

but the commissioner, Shane Patton, alleged it was an “intentional act”.

It sounds to me the police know a lot, including how SM was killed

So they could have people who are talking
evidence on his phone and others
CCTV, dash cam
murder weapon found etc..

Earlier, the VICPOL said they were looking at one or more parties involved
They would have picked up more pings from phones at the same time and area

The latest search was based on...
Intelligence derived through a number of sources
there could be other phone pings picked up in these areas and not the accused phone
As well as someone else talking with information

The police are obviously keeping quiet not to let anything slip
especially If they are watching someone else
and others are following what the police are doing next

Another possibility the police could do is have a listening bug or wire on a person the accused knows well, even on another prisoner
to go and see him, to get a confession

I am sure the police have been using plenty of Intelligence, listening devices etc

And I wouldn't be surprised if the police are watching this latest 'quiet' search today (Friday) police would not reveal where the focus of the search was.

To see If anyone 'interesting' turns up

Last edited:

"Ballarat march:

Rally for Samantha Murphy, Hannah McGuire and Rebecca Young.

1712928147115.png

Samantha Murphy's husband
has thanked the Ballarat community for their support at a rally
calling for an end to violence against women,
after Ms Murphy, Hannah McGuire and Rebecca Young were all killed in the Victorian city in just two months.

1712927709022.png

Michael Murphy
said he had not planned to speak to the crowd,
but felt compelled when he saw 1,000 community members turnout on Friday night,
many with handwritten signs.

1712926952859.png

'I'd like to thank you all for coming and supporting the families of the three women',
he said.
'If you see something that's not right, speak up.
Let the authorities know.

On a positive note,
the support here behind the women is incredible'.

'Bring Sam home', ♥️

chant echoed loud from the crowd.

1712927205709.png

Federal MP for Ballarat, Transport Minister Catherine King,
said the violence which happened to the three slain women happened to women in the community every day.

1712927851949.png

'After so many reports,
after so many inquires,
after so many deaths ...
every space should be and must be safe wherever we are',
Ms King said.

1712927283362.png
♥️

'Let's be frank;
men need to change',

Ms King said to cheers and applause."

1712927630665.png

Last edited:

It's hard to think if a 22-year-old guy could go into so much planning by himself to make sure SM body is not found

Interesting from an article

Police have not DISCLOSED how Murphy was Allegedly Murdered

but the commissioner, Shane Patton, alleged it was an “intentional act”.

It sounds to me the police know a lot, including how SM was killed

So they could have people who are talking
evidence on his phone and others
CCTV, dash cam
murder weapon found etc..

Earlier, the VICPOL said they were looking at one or more parties involved
They would have picked up more pings from phones at the same time and area

The latest search was based on...
Intelligence derived through a number of sources
there could be other phone pings picked up in these areas and not the accused phone
As well as someone else talking with information

The police are obviously keeping quiet not to let anything slip
especially If they are watching someone else
and others are following what the police are doing next

Another possibility the police could do is have a listening bug or wire on a person the accused knows well, even on another prisoner
to go and see him, to get a confession

I am sure the police have been using plenty of Intelligence, listening devices etc

And I wouldn't be surprised if the police are watching this latest 'quiet' search today (Friday) police would not reveal where the focus of the search was.

To see If anyone 'interesting' turns up

BBM

I've always had those thoughts...I do find it wild with his age and I'm still under the impression he was heavily drinking the night before and such (?) ..how has he even done this to a degree where I have to admit, I'm unsure if they are going to find her...or find her soon. Sadly.

I wonder since they did a tower dump could they see who else's cell was in vicinity of suspects cell at the same time?

But the problem is,
nobody else was arrested/charged and over 2 months have passed since the tragedy.

If the accused allegedly phoned somebody from the scene,
surely Police must know whom as they have his phone/checked his number.

Or checking this "tower dump" takes a looooong time.
I don't know really how much time it takes.

Wasn't there another problem with some towers not working at that time in the area?

JMO

Last edited:
Re the Rally in memory of 3 particular victims:

- different ages
(over 20, over 40, over 50)

- alleged murderers:
a partner,
an ex partner,
a stranger

Allegedly murdered:
at home (inside),
in the park (outside)

Looking at above info,
one realizes ANY woman can be a victim.

:oops:

JMO

A barrister friend of mine once told me if you’re thinking of committing a crime, don't, because someone will be watching you. In this case the watcher is phone records and phone location. It’s sheer luck rather than any form of ingenious planning by the accused (and/or others) that SM has not been found thus far. The evidence is there, LE just need to find it and I think they are really really close.

I’d love to know the sources of the new intel which is leading LE to these search locations.

Is it normal for LE to publicly announce they’re doing a search and where? Are they making the announcements to see who / what else turns up? Are they copping flack from the community that they don’t seem to be doing enough (especially with the two other women who have lost their lives) and therefore announcing these searches puts the community at ease? Why these specific locations but then nothing is found? Why announce a location one day, but keep it secret the next? Is someone sending LE on a wild goose chase? Is someone going undercover on remand and getting info from PS and passing it onto LE?

What is this intel telling LE? That a white Ute was spotted in the area? That phones have pinged in the area? Have other people mentioned things to LE? Are these locations that PS liked to go camping / frequented? Have they discovered foliage, soils in PS vehicle that are only found in these locations?

What intel could be coming in (and from what sources) 8 weeks later that leads LE to these locations?

So many questions, so little answers!

Something more is going on. All IMO

Great post Nifty. I also now believe there are others involved, especially with the disposal. Children are heavy to carry, let alone an adult.

But who would do that for PS? Whose sense of loyalty would extend that far?

If PS doesn’t know where Sam’s body is, thanks to another’s help, what an irony with the no body, no parole laws.

Who will crack first? The pressure’s on.

I’d love to know the sources of the new intel which is leading LE to these search locations.

Is it normal for LE to publicly announce they’re doing a search and where? Are they making the announcements to see who / what else turns up? Are they copping flack from the community that they don’t seem to be doing enough (especially with the two other women who have lost their lives) and therefore announcing these searches puts the community at ease? Why these specific locations but then nothing is found? Why announce a location one day, but keep it secret the next? Is someone sending LE on a wild goose chase? Is someone going undercover on remand and getting info from PS and passing it onto LE?

What is this intel telling LE? That a white Ute was spotted in the area? That phones have pinged in the area? Have other people mentioned things to LE? Are these locations that PS liked to go camping / frequented? Have they discovered foliage, soils in PS vehicle that are only found in these locations?

What intel could be coming in (and from what sources) 8 weeks later that leads LE to these locations?

So many questions, so little answers!

Something more is going on. All IMO

I was so hopeful with this latest search!

Especially,
as the road leads from Mt Clear almost next to Buninyong where Samantha's phone last pinged.

And, interestingly,
another search team was working in thick scrub in the Durham Lead Nature Conservation Reserve,
which is also situated by the road to Enfield Park
(link below).

Several sources led to these searches.

But, the area of bush is soooo vast!

Bodies of water, mineshafts, dense scrub, fires...
Jeez!

Also,
the accused had almost 2 weeks to allegedly relocate the victim before he became a Person of Interest for Police.
He could have allegedly gone anywhere.

I'm losing hope :(

Aaargh!

JMO

Last edited:
But the problem is,
nobody else was arrested/charged and over 2 months have passed since the tragedy.

Wasn't there another problem with some towers not working at that time in the area?

JMO
bbm
I remember to have read, that 2 of 3 towers weren't working. I was immediately quite horrified, because I thought about the more difficult nature of solving the crime.

When Mick goes searching each day .. sometimes he may get a coffee and just drive around, other times he will walk for 1 or 2 or 4 hours looking for Sam ... he said he goes mainly around Yendon, over towards Bunninyong.

(Just jumping off my own post :) )

I was looking at the Yendon area, where Mick says he mainly goes to search. It is not where the publicised police searches are and have been.

The Yendon area is near the house-sit place though, and also near to where Sissy was attacked.

Presumably, that is where Mick feels Sam is or could be?

The red dotted area is what Google considers to be the Yendon area, in this screenshot.
b.jpg
Google maps

Last edited:
A barrister friend of mine once told me if you’re thinking of committing a crime, don't, because someone will be watching you. In this case the watcher is phone records and phone location. It’s sheer luck rather than any form of ingenious planning by the accused (and/or others) that SM has not been found thus far. The evidence is there, LE just need to find it and I think they are really really close.

I agree, they will find her

Ron Iddles ( OAM APM is a former Australian police detective. His conviction rate was 99% and he was dubbed "Australia's greatest detective".)

He would say....

Police need a motive and a cause of death to prove murder

Police should remain open to other possibilities beyond the most obvious theory,

In 98% of cases, the killer is known to the victim

according to Ron, something is always left at the crime scene

But the problem is,

JMO

The VICPOL would be just sitting back and watching, gathering as much evidence as possible

Seeing if someone will lead them to SM

There would be other search areas of interest, that only the police know about

And they will be watching if someone else or others are 'feeling the heat' at the moment

and turn up to see if her body is still there or anything they might have hidden has not been exposed

The police will be in no rush

Especially when the accused is remaining silent

They want no mistakes and plenty of evidence leading onto the court case and possible trial

I agree, they will find her

Ron Iddles ( OAM APM is a former Australian police detective. His conviction rate was 99% and he was dubbed "Australia's greatest detective".)

He would say....

Police need a motive and a cause of death to prove murder

Police should remain open to other possibilities beyond the most obvious theory,

In 98% of cases, the killer is known to the victim

according to Ron, something is always left at the crime scene
And doesn't he also say of cold cases "The answer is in the files". He is such a brilliant man. Wish he would do another tv series.

BBM

I've always had those thoughts...I do find it wild with his age and I'm still under the impression he was heavily drinking the night before and such (?) ..how has he even done this to a degree where I have to admit, I'm unsure if they are going to find her...or find her soon. Sadly.

Samantha went missing approx 8am

Police were informed at 11 am

There is an approx three-hour window in SM disappearance

For the accused to kidnap SM, and put her in his vehicle

Hurrying up, before anyone spots him

Clean, get rid of any crime evidence lying around, beforehand etc

Work out what next he will do with SM

And to make sure she won't be found

Get to her phone in her pocket and watch etc...

Police believe SM has possibly been moved. Maybe even a few times

If this was the case

Four weeks after SM disappeared, the accused was under surveillance for two of those weeks and then arrested
and charged on March 6

So the accused would only be able to move SM before the 18 February as he was under surveillance then
someone else could have still taken SM body on that day SM went missing as well

So if the police believe her body has been moved after the 18 February, then someone else is involved

I can't understand why there has been so much trouble and planning in hiding SM body even after this time
Supposedly all orchestrated by a 22-year-old
In such a small time frame to think alone

I just feel, this could have been planned for a while, targeted on SM only
which was a deliberate attack

The accused is remaining silent, hoping the evidence won't be there and he gets acquitted
and he doesn't have to name anyone else involved if that was the case

Someone else, others possibly involved and not speaking
There is a motive
Someone else who knows SM

VIC POL are still sifting through 12,000 hours of CCTV and they have 770 pieces of information relating to SM's disappearance as from the 4 March, so you can imagine there would be more on top of that

Last edited:
And doesn't he also say of cold cases "The answer is in the files". He is such a brilliant man. Wish he would do another tv series.

In cold cases he would say, is almost always in the original case file

I'm a big fan, lovely man

I would love to see another TV series as well

Samantha went missing approx 8am

Police were informed at 11 am

There is an approx three-hour window in SM disappearance

For the accused to kidnap SM, and put her in his vehicle

Hurrying up, before anyone spots him

Clean, get rid of any crime evidence lying around, beforehand etc

Work out what next he will do with SM

And to make sure she won't be found

Get to her phone in her pocket and watch etc...

Police believe SM has possibly been moved. Maybe even a few times

If this was the case

Four weeks after SM disappeared, the accused was under surveillance for two of those weeks and then arrested
and charged on March 6

So the accused would only be able to move SM before the 18 February as he was under surveillance then
someone else could have still taken SM body on that day SM went missing as well

So if the police believe her body has been moved after the 18 February, then someone else is involved

I can't understand why there has been so much trouble and planning in hiding SM body even after this time
Supposedly all orchestrated by a 22-year-old
In such a small time frame to think alone

I just feel, this could have been planned for a while, targeted on SM only
which was a deliberate attack

The accused is remaining silent, hoping the evidence won't be there and he gets acquitted
and he doesn't have to name anyone else involved if that was the case

Someone else, others possibly involved and not speaking
There is a motive
Someone else who knows SM

VIC POL are still sifting through 12,000 hours of CCTV and they have 770 pieces of information relating to SM's disappearance as from the 4 March, so you can imagine there would be more on top of that
Just a thought. Maybe the accused didn't do much planning at all. Maybe he just got lucky that SM has not been found yet? Or maybe not. I can't help but wonder how all the Intel has not led to finding Samantha.

And I imagine police resources will be stretched with the recent murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor
Back