AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes dogs just take a liking to a person for no reason, though. Our neighbor's dogs used to bark their heads off whenever anybody walked by on the street. I couldn't even have coffee on my own deck without the dogs going berserk. Except one night somebody broke into their basement and stole some stuff. A house webcam shows the dogs following the burglar around, wagging and stopping to watch while they unloaded tools from a cabinet.

So while I'm inclined to agree the doggos would probably have alerted, it's not one hundred percent.
That reminds me of a story I once heard about the FBI needing to sneak into some organized crime boss's home to plant a listening device, but the target had these big vicious dogs who would patrol the property and made the task seem impossible. So they started walking by the home every day and tossing some McDonald's hamburgers over the fence for the dogs. After a few days, the dogs recognized their footsteps and sat there wagging their tails, waiting for their burgers. They hopped the fence, fed the dogs, planted their bugs, and (I believe) caught their criminal.

So it's certainly possible to overcome the problem of guard dogs, if you're clever.

Who thinks these cases are going to go national? There was a custody hearing coming up. If someone thought CP was going to get full custody who might want to cause a diversion? Probably everyone that lived or spent time knew the key code. Something about the ex interview unnerved me. I thought the whole airport situation was bizarre. I don't think she did anything but maybe someone trying to help her . Not ruling anyone out but think there are others that could have their own motives too. These lives were messy all around. That's why I hope they are investigating every angle. I just think there's hope he is alive. Jmo
If we can take her interview at face value, she makes CP & family, including Katie out to be absolute monsters! FP was their child but if I understand what I caught he should’ve been charged with kidnapping. She also made it sound like she was still being bullied by CP. If all the things she said or even half the things were true I don’t think she needed to worry about losing custody, but - we (moms) worry anyway bc the courts are still a good ol’ boys club even in 2024. And I’ve seen family courts make crazy decisions that made no sense in the least.

So would someone step in to help her keep her kid? We don’t know. I hope not with her knowledge bc that would make her even more evil than she paints him to be. For the time being if I understand correctly CP was denied full custody of their 7 yo daughter.

It may not have been a stranger. Anyone close enough to the family to know the code to the front door may have been known by the dogs. I believe the mother has said that no one outside the home knew the code but that may not be true.
They would get an alert when the door is opened/closed wouldn't they?

I flip flop also but it's mainly because of the weird, IMO, YT's by all of the parents. None of them appear to have a motive. CP wanted SR out of the house and seemed kinda confident he would be getting good news in his custody of his daughter but that is obviously out of the window.

Seth wanted SR to come live with him, unless he didn't and is lying, so that was working in his favor that SR would be there soon. KP may have been torn that SR would be leaving but she had also been carrying more of the weight of parenting so IDK but I can not for the life of me see her pulling this off without CP and I just don't see him taking this on for her 'cause like you say he was on his 5th wife, has a stable career that he likes and allows him some freedom away from home and was fighting for his daughter.

I'm back to where I was at the beginning. That SR left the house. Argh. But I also don't think that SR wasn't sophisticated enough at his age and development to conceal his whereabouts. Why wasn't he found weeks ago? Is it as all the parents fear that he is/was with someone else?
This is exactly where I’ve been since the AA. If we excuse the odd behavior, what would any of them gain by losing Sebastian? Not wh to want! It just doesn’t make sense. Throwing FP’s mom into the mix actually makes sense if you want someone who would possibly benefit, as long as she isn’t caught. I will add, I hope that isn’t the case.

Seth says Sebastian is very bright but emotionally he’s closer to 11 than 15. Would your average 11 yr old be able to disappear themselves for 7 weeks? Not even at 15! No shoes? In the middle of the night? No electronics! No way.

I hope that LE has more than we know. My fear is that they have what we have, which is zip.

Revenge as a result of a child custody battle is plausible. Kidnap and Blackmail? Does CP have any other enemies? Proudfoots didn’t do the deed but by association are guilty by keeping quiet, and this would account for the bizarre interviews and behaviors?

Or LE know, are actively investigating this angle, playing there cards quietly and with care to secure the safe release of Sebastians?

JMO

I can’t settle on a theory in this case, but I will say that motive implies that Sebastian’s disappearance was planned. Anything could have happened in the heat of the moment, a crime of passion so to speak.

Exactly, a motive isn't really needed, especially when someone is feeling resentment, anger, stress, etc.

It may not have been a stranger. Anyone close enough to the family to know the code to the front door may have been known by the dogs. I believe the mother has said that no one outside the home knew the code but that may not be true.
She actually said anyone who knew the code inside or outside the home, (i.e. house cleaner, etc) were know to LE and they had already talked to them/ looked at them.

I think the other thing to consider here is that anyone coming in would likely have been caught on camera at some point.

I'm not sure why the most likely scenario (occum's razor) keeps getting ignored in this case by commentators. Teens with autism run away or "elope" at very alarming high rates.
This doesn't negate foul play, if that elopement was the result of lured online.

It seems to me, it's actually getting worse, which I have my own theories on that whole phenomenon. And if not dealt with, it's going to get much much worse, as these autistic teens are coming on the radar of some really bad actors.

Revenge as a result of a child custody battle is plausible. Kidnap and Blackmail? Does CP have any other enemies? Proudfoots didn’t do the deed but by association are guilty by keeping quiet, and this would account for the bizarre interviews and behaviors?

Or LE know, are actively investigating this angle, playing there cards quietly and with care to secure the safe release of Sebastians?

JMO
I wish someone would explain to me what these "bizarre" behaviors are.

There's so much to consider in these cases, that is going on behind the scenes, that how much of anything could be considered "bizarre" if we have no clue what that is.
I think the Proudfoots understand that the more they talk, the less LE will talk to them. I think that's exactly why LE has iced out SR (according to him). He can't keep his mouth shut about highly sensitive personal things about his own kid, amongst other things, and what he does tell, he twists and spins, (IMO, but also in his he admitted as such.)
So they definitely won't tell him much sensitive info.

@Jillyg I quoted the wrong one of your posts, this is intended as a reply to your post #1069.

Actually, the rates of eloping drop over time. Here's the results of a study from science daily:
  • From age 4 to 7, 46 percent of children with ASD eloped, which is four times the rate of unaffected siblings.
  • From age 8 to 11, 27 percent of affected children eloped compared with 1 percent of unaffected siblings.
From this data, we can infer that the rate drops even lower when kids with ASD are older than 11.

@Jillyg I quoted the wrong one of your posts, this is intended as a reply to your post #1069.

Actually, the rates of eloping drop over time. Here's the results of a study from science daily:
  • From age 4 to 7, 46 percent of children with ASD eloped, which is four times the rate of unaffected siblings.
  • From age 8 to 11, 27 percent of affected children eloped compared with 1 percent of unaffected siblings.
From this data, we can infer that the rate drops even lower when kids with ASD are older than 11.
Yes and how would elopement explain the facts of the case? How would he have done that with nobody, no cameras seeing him and no scent from the dogs? Even if he did and was picked up by someone, there would have been a scent up to that point. And there was none.

Yes and how would elopement explain the facts of the case? How would he have done that with nobody, no cameras seeing him and no scent from the dogs? Even if he did and was picked up by someone, there would have been a scent up to that point. And there was none.
I have zero faith in dogs, so I still think it's possible he walked away and simply hasn't been found yet. I just wanted to correct some facts I've seen re: kids with ASD eloping. It's something that generally begins at a young age.

This is exactly where I’ve been since the AA. If we excuse the odd behavior, what would any of them gain by losing Sebastian? Not wh to want! It just doesn’t make sense. Throwing FP’s mom into the mix actually makes sense if you want someone who would possibly benefit, as long as she isn’t caught. I will add, I hope that isn’t the case.

Seth says Sebastian is very bright but emotionally he’s closer to 11 than 15. Would your average 11 yr old be able to disappear themselves for 7 weeks? Not even at 15! No shoes? In the middle of the night? No electronics! No way.

I hope that LE has more than we know. My fear is that they have what we have, which is zip.

...I mean, truthfully, most 15-year-olds are closer to 11 emotionally much of the time. It's a difficult age at best.

I wish someone would explain to me what these "bizarre" behaviors are.

There's so much to consider in these cases, that is going on behind the scenes, that how much of anything could be considered "bizarre" if we have no clue what that is.
I think the Proudfoots understand that the more they talk, the less LE will talk to them. I think that's exactly why LE has iced out SR (according to him). He can't keep his mouth shut about highly sensitive personal things about his own kid, amongst other things, and what he does tell, he twists and spins, (IMO, but also in his he admitted as such.)
So they definitely won't tell him much sensitive info.

For me, in the context of a vulnerable child disappearing, I find the following ever so odd: The deviations and differing accounts, laughing inappropriately, body language, giving different accounts of punishments (including belting a child for not tearing a belt- seriously this is not normal!), not allowing internet for a teenager, discussing intimate personal care, evasive answers, lying about polygraphs, claims made about being ‘cleared’, Chris answering for KP, no eye contact between the two, KP leaving town, not actively searching, not attending the vigil.

Now if I consider any of those individually I would reach a different conclusion, but looking at ALl the behaviors it is very concerning while a child had literally vanished.

However, If your impression is that the Proudfoots behavior and silence is appropriate and Seth’s is not, then we’ll have to agree to disagree.

If my child went missing I sure as heck would be out searching, organizing search groups. getting exposure, doing interviews and doing everything humanly possible to find my child every single day for as long as it takes. But that’s just me.

I haven’t been watching media accounts this past week. Does anyone know if Seth took his poly on NG? And the results?

This might be an unpopular opinion.
But from the start all guardians involved acted suspiciously: Chris, Kate and Seth.
There was no moment I felt Seth was "the only sane one". They all are obviously troubled individuals.
And as time has progressed, and of what has been said or implied. Seth is on a crusade to defame the Proudfoots, cheered on by public opinion.
I do not deny the Proodfoots odd behavior.
But all speculation regarding why they left etc. without even considering the enormous backlash and public mob "camping" outside their home - is outrageous to me.
Seth is not a lone star good father - he threw his son right under the bus by disclosing all those intimate details of his son's past. A trauma not his to tell. An attempt to further fuel public opinion in his favor. He knows Sebastian is not alive.

Whether it was Chris, Kate or Seth who "pulled the trigger" we will not know until the end of this case.

The police know whom the guilty party is. We do not, with certainty, as of yet. They have been looking for a body for some time now, and they need that body - to make the arrest(s) and to have probable cause of foul play.
This means Sebastian was not killed at the house. He was likely taken from the house and killed somewhere else. The motive is most likely some truly f*ed up custody battle/issue/revenge. JMO.

This might be an unpopular opinion.
But from the start all guardians involved acted suspiciously: Chris, Kate and Seth.
There was no moment I felt Seth was "the only sane one". They all are obviously troubled individuals.
And as time has progressed, and of what has been said or implied. Seth is on a crusade to defame the Proudfoots, cheered on by public opinion.
I do not deny the Proodfoots odd behavior.
But all speculation regarding why they left etc. without even considering the enormous backlash and public mob "camping" outside their home - is outrageous to me.
Seth is not a lone star good father - he threw his son right under the bus by disclosing all those intimate details of his son's past. A trauma not his to tell. An attempt to further fuel public opinion in his favor. He knows Sebastian is not alive.

Whether it was Chris, Kate or Seth who "pulled the trigger" we will not know until the end of this case.

The police know whom the guilty party is. We do not, with certainty, as of yet. They have been looking for a body for some time now, and they need that body - to make the arrest(s) and to have probable cause of foul play.
This means Sebastian was not killed at the house. He was likely taken from the house and killed somewhere else. The motive is most likely some truly f*ed up custody battle/issue/revenge. JMO.
Great post. Couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member