Australia- Nine people stabbed including 9 month baby @ the Westfield Shopping Centre in Bondi Junction, suspect fatally shot, Sydney, 13 April 2024

My mum is the world's biggest Bondi Rescue fan.

This guy is one of the lifeguards on the show. He risks his life every day... just usually in the water. Surf lifesavers in Australia are highly trained in emergency first aid.

I love Bondi Rescue! I'm glad Reidy was there to help. I was watching that clip and trying to remember if it was Reidy that worked as a paramedic for a while, but I think it was one of the other guys.

I appreciated how he didn't let the news anchors draw him into making a spectacle. The story speaks for itself :(

Three more people were victims ... they showed up at hospitals overnight for treatment.

Acting Premier Penny Sharpe told ABC Radio Sydney three other people presented to hospital for injuries overnight.

Accussed

Joel Cauchi

Male

40s

Homeless

Known to QLD police, for nothing significant

Has known mental illness

Was From Queensland (Brisbane) and moved to NSW a month ago.

Still No current, know terrorist association or ideology.

Had a very small storage unit that police have searched but didn’t find anything (Approx 1 cubic metre)

His family is working with police

Last edited:
Last edited:
Accussed

Male

40s

Known to QLD police, for nothing significant

Has known mental illness

Was From Queensland (Brisbane) and moved to NSW a month ago.

Still No current, know terrorist association or ideology.

Had a very small storage unit that police have searched but didn’t find anything (Approx 1 cubic metre)

His family is working with police

Sounds like the type of storage unit you might rent short term to store a heavy bag when travelling and have a stop over?

It’s very distressing to read more about this. Such innocent people doing the same thing I’ve done hundreds of times in my life - shopping.

NSW Health Minister update on baby ....

She had surgery overnight and is currently in a critical condition and is in ICU. Now, we certainly are hoping that she gets through this but there is a long way to go and we will keep the community informed as to the update and status of patients that we also have to make sure that we are updating their family and loved ones first.

NSW Health Minister update on baby ....

She had surgery overnight and is currently in a critical condition and is in ICU. Now, we certainly are hoping that she gets through this but there is a long way to go and we will keep the community informed as to the update and status of patients that we also have to make sure that we are updating their family and loved ones first.

I feel for the OR team, none of them would expect to be operating on a 9 month old baby who had been randomly stabbed :(

Bondi Junction mass stabbing attacker named by police as Joel Cauchi, a 40-year-old man from Queensland

NSW police have named the man who killed five women and one man at Bondi Junction in a mass stabbing incident on Saturday as Joel Cauchi, a 40-year-old man from Queensland.

They have reiterated that there is no evidence the Cauchi acted with “any particular ideology or motivation”.

Assistant commissioner Anthony Cooke, the central metropolitan region commander, also praised the conduct of Amy Scott, the officer who shot the assailant.

Just listening to the presser given by Assistant Commissioner Anthony Cooke this morning.

Confirms that five women, one man, and the offender are deceased.

Says that two of the victims have no family in Australia, and that they are working with overseas agencies to attempt to reach out to the families of those victims.

They would like witnesses to make themselves known to the police.
They would also like any video footage that people may have.

Joel Cauchi's family are cooperating with the police.
No evidence, intelligence or information says that the offender held any ideology.

People who were present and hold possessions (of victims) can return them to the police.

They will canvas all possibilities - when asked by a reporter if this was a misogynist crime.

Processing of crime scene and investigations continue.

(presser video posted at 8:25am in link)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuryus
Back