TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM. JP said in the opening statement that no Chad's DNA was found on the children's remains. We know from Lori's trial that Tylee's DNA was found on Chad's tools (as well as his fire pit). JP has two experts lined up to talk about the subject in Chad's defense.
Didn’t remember that. I wonder how that will turn out. I feel in my gut he helped Alex dismember Tyler. Maybe he used long gloves and told Alex he couldn’t leave a trace since he was the prophet. Gag!

Thank you- I often forget that stuff I just know because of work, isn't common knowledge. With that in mind, it occurs to me that something else that it may be useful for me to share, is a possible functional reason for both graves being so shallow (beyond that of speed or difficulty with hand digging).

When compacted soil is dug out, the soil is broken up. Try digging a hole in a previously un-planted and undisturbed area of your backyard, and then fill it in again. The soil won't all fit back in because air pockets have been introduced. It takes time and weather to settle the soil back to being compacted. How long depends on the type of soil ( sandy soil settles faster than clay, but we are still talking many months even here in the UK where it rains often).

If something else of a reasonable volume has been placed in the hole before the soil is replaced, then the soil displacement is even more marked.

This is known as a "spoil heap" and the larger and deeper a grave is, the bigger the spoil heap will be. Municipal cemeteries will use spoil heap soil to top up graves that are sinking due to settling and breakdown of buried coffins. But in smaller burial grounds the gravedigger will be paid to "cart away" the soil from site, so that it is not an unsightly heap that is immediately visible to visitors.

Thus, a shallow grave, dug no bigger than absolutely required, and reinforced with wood and stones to reduce obvious sinking, makes sense for an illicit grave. The spoil heap would be small, and easy to disperse in small amounts around bare earth areas of a property.
Ah, makes perfect sense. It also means Chad thought this through. He didn’t want Tammy or his kids to notice the grave, hence the shallow grave and then the raccoon story.

In fact, I wonder if it was his decision to dismember and burn Tylee so hers would not be a grave but more of a hole.

It’s possible Alex had some deep thoughts about the dismembering and burning, etc when telling Zulema he felt Chad and Lori would make him the fall guy.

I wonder too if Alex had some remorse about killing Tylee that way but was directed by Chad and Lori to do so. After all, Tylee was his niece, blood relative. I think he felt bad about Tammy too and thought protecting Lori had gone too far. I still think he went to Mexico to purchase a drug that would kill him and look very natural (embolisms) and no trace in his system. I know there are such things even though this theory has been shot down many times on WS.

This whole story is darker and deeper than a human mind can accept I believe.

I wonder too if Alex had some remorse about killing Tylee that way but was directed by Chad and Lori to do so. After all, Tylee was his niece, blood relative.
SBM. In early September Alex texted Zulema about the family bringing a dark entity with them to Rexburg. Zulema had to check who he was referring to and it was Tylee. She replied that she trusted they would know how to deal with it when time was right. A week later Tylee was dead. Alex also named the apartment wi-fi "too many kids" which Lori found funny. Unfortunately Alex seemingly saw Lori's children (just like Charles) as zombies first. Dehumanizing (which came from Chad's doctrine) made the murders possible.

She didn't make a deal last year. She exercised her right to a speedy trial and was subsequently convicted on all counts, so it's too late for her to offer to testify against Chad.
True. However I recall the ex-girlfriend testified against Charlie Adelson after she had refused deals for years, and had been convicted of murder conspiracy. IMO, she did it to improve her chances of parole somewhere down the line.

ETA: And also, she probably figured 'why should I be stuck in prison when he's off enjoying his freedom?'

However, this trial would have to stop, if Lori suddenly got mad at Chad because of his defense strategy, and wanted to testify. I think it's too late in the trial process.

JMO

I wonder too if Alex had some remorse about killing Tylee that way but was directed by Chad and Lori to do so. After all, Tylee was his niece, blood relative. I think he felt bad about Tammy too and thought protecting Lori had gone too far. I still think he went to Mexico to purchase a drug that would kill him and look very natural (embolisms) and no trace in his system. I know there are such things even though this theory has been shot down many times on WS.

This whole story is darker and deeper than a human mind can accept I believe.
I don't think Alex had a lot of feelings. It's a guy thing, plus he'd always been looking for laughs, I doubt he experienced deep emotions. Same with Chad. Pride, greed and lust, anger, fear, yes. Self-doubt, sadness, love, regret - not likely.

JMO

I'm in the UK, rather than the US, but in my experience (work related- I'm an undertaker), graves are usually dug by backhoe these days but only where that's possible.

In spots where there are tree roots of living trees, or where precision is important (say neighbouring graves are close or space is tight for another reason etc) then hand digging is still done. Even modern grave diggers will have the tools to dig entirely by hand when it's necessary.

Backhoes leave visible traces on the ground as they are driven to and from the burial spot as well ... iMO Chad will have prepared those graves by hand.
Thank you so much for the explanation.

True. However I recall the ex-girlfriend testified against Charlie Adelson after she had refused deals for years, and had been convicted of murder conspiracy. IMO, she did it to improve her chances of parole somewhere down the line.

ETA: And also, she probably figured 'why should I be stuck in prison when he's off enjoying his freedom?'

However, this trial would have to stop, if Lori suddenly got mad at Chad because of his defense strategy, and wanted to testify. I think it's too late in the trial process.

JMO
Lori has no chance of parole, so she can't gain anything, apart from getting revenge (there was no sign of that at her trial). I wonder if she is fine with Chad using her for his defense. She could try to make a deal in Arizona and implicate him in Charles' and Brandon's cases, but she's not getting out of prison in her lifetime anyway.

Lori has no chance of parole, so she can't gain anything, apart from getting revenge (there was no sign of that at her trial). I wonder if she is fine with Chad using her for his defense. She could try to make a deal in Arizona and implicate him in Charles' and Brandon's cases, but she's not getting out of prison in her lifetime anyway.
And is she actually going to find out if he throws her under the bus? He could spin it as being for the greater good and all that rubbish?

And is she actually going to find out if he throws her under the bus? He could spin it as being for the greater good and all that rubbish?
OTOH, she never sacrificed herself for anyone before. She demonstrated her vindictive nature again and again. This time it's different. Perhaps she doesn't believe in the concept of life without parole - thinks a divine intervention will set her free.
ETA: Lori did display some of her vindictiveness at her trial. She was staring menacingly at some of the witnesses that testified against her. On a related note, according to Lauren from HTC, Chad stares at her in the courtroom every day, but Tammy's aunt Vicki says that he looks away when their eyes meet.

Last edited:
OTOH, she never sacrificed herself for anyone before. She demonstrated her vindictive nature again and again. This time it's different. Perhaps she doesn't believe in the concept of life without parole - thinks a divine intervention will set her free.
Imagine praying every night for an earthquake….

Who is HD?
Heather Daybell, married to Chad's brother, Rexburg neighbor, and in-law to detective Hope, the detective who approached, and Chad was asked again for Lori's phone number and Chad stopped pretending he didn't know it. Heathers daughter is married to Hope's son.

She was never under Chad's spell and didn't particularly pretend to be impressed with him over their whole adulthoods. She was underwhelmed when Chad moved his family to the Rexburg area that she and her husband had lived in first. Plus, she called him out for going against Church teachings.

After Tammy's death began to be investigated as a murder, one the Tammy's kids believed HD to be the one who started rumors that Chad murdered Tammy, and believed her to be the main cause of Tammy getting exhumed and autopsied. However, there is no indication that HD would have any actual information that would be enough for LE to be so intrusive. She was suspicious with the timelines, such as the instant burial and whirlwind marriage to Lori, but she didn't have evidence, AFAIK.

However, Heather's being a closer relative to Detective Hope probably makes it easier for Chad's supporters in denial to believe she would have that ability. It's nonsense, of course, to think anyone can just get an inlaw relative who is a Detective to take on an investigation. But that is what the younger Daybells seemed to think a few years ago, and might think now.

MOO

I don't think Alex had a lot of feelings. It's a guy thing, plus he'd always been looking for laughs, I doubt he experienced deep emotions. Same with Chad. Pride, greed and lust, anger, fear, yes. Self-doubt, sadness, love, regret - not likely.

JMO
I saw an interview of a female friend of Alex’s and she had only good things to say about Alex. As far as a “guy thing”, I don’t know. My husband is as manly as you can get, but he can certainly feel people’s emotional pain. I do thing Alex was mentally off. His ex wife spoke to police and talked about how sexual he was with Lori and she divorced him after only a few months. She said the whole family was weird.
As for Chad, I am no doctor but I believe he is a true psychopath, no empathy. And I don’t think it has anything to do with being a “guy thing”. MOO.

SBM. In early September Alex texted Zulema about the family bringing a dark entity with them to Rexburg. Zulema had to check who he was referring to and it was Tylee. She replied that she trusted they would know how to deal with it when time was right. A week later Tylee was dead. Alex also named the apartment wi-fi "too many kids" which Lori found funny. Unfortunately Alex seemingly saw Lori's children (just like Charles) as zombies first. Dehumanizing (which came from Chad's doctrine) made the murders possible.
Thanks. I didn’t remember hearing any of that. Really sick, isn’t it? Too many children and there were only two?

Heather Daybell, married to Chad's brother, Rexburg neighbor, and in-law to detective Hope, the detective who approached, and Chad was asked again for Lori's phone number and Chad stopped pretending he didn't know it. Heathers daughter is married to Hope's son.

She was never under Chad's spell and didn't particularly pretend to be impressed with him over their whole adulthoods. She was underwhelmed when Chad moved his family to the Rexburg area that she and her husband had lived in first. Plus, she called him out for going against Church teachings.

After Tammy's death began to be investigated as a murder, one the Tammy's kids believed HD to be the one who started rumors that Chad murdered Tammy, and believed her to be the main cause of Tammy getting exhumed and autopsied. However, there is no indication that HD would have any actual information that would be enough for LE to be so intrusive. She was suspicious with the timelines, such as the instant burial and whirlwind marriage to Lori, but she didn't have evidence, AFAIK.

However, Heather's being a closer relative to Detective Hope probably makes it easier for Chad's supporters in denial to believe she would have that ability. It's nonsense, of course, to think anyone can just get an inlaw relative who is a Detective to take on an investigation. But that is what the younger Daybells seemed to think a few years ago, and might think now.

MOO
Thank you! I just couldn’t remember who HD stood for… So many characters in this saga. In fact, I don’t remember ever hearing a lot of this info you shared. Thanks again!

MOO
Yes nonsense. Even if Hope agreed there should be an investigation, it doesn’t mean he would be listened to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy