OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsnation reporter is on air, saying that she’s rushing to the courthouse to get those documents.

Still no official word as to the identities of the bodies, but they believe they are the women (of course).

Newsnation reporter is on air, saying that she’s rushing to the courthouse to get those documents.

Still no official word as to the identities of the bodies, but they believe they are the women (of course).
I’m surprised they didn’t have someone waiting in line at the courthouse.

At one point in the presser the spokesman almost stumbled when speaking of the bodies. He hesitated and then re-directed his language. Did anyone else notice that? It was during the Q&A section.

Since the reason for the exchange was a birthday party ... was the day of the women's deaths on one of the kid's birthdays ??
:eek:

Two bodies were recovered in rural Oklahoma, a day after four people were charged with murder and kidnapping. Authorities say 27-year-old Veronica Butler and 39-year-old Jilian Kelley, of Hugoton, Kansas, were driving through the Oklahoma panhandle
to pick up Butler’s children for a March 30 birthday party in Kansas.

Red bolding mine.

Like, how could the child whose birthday it was, ever want celebrate it again as it could trigger memories of losing their mom forever ?
Adds another layer of horror to the crime.
Omo.

I still think the original plan was to come back to move the vehicle and hide/destroy any evidence where the vehicle was parked. They banked on having far more time that they actually did, thanks to, I think it was Jilian's husband? that immediately alerted LE and took off driving down there. A couple of them probably would have taken the car out somewhere and burned it. I suspect a trusted family member was probably with the children while all this was going on because it was a pretty big and risky operation.

I also think that wherever they had hidden these women was not to be the final place. They just didn't have time. As soon as the car was found I'm sure they were all being watched closely and weren't able to go move or doing anything else with the remains.

I am so glad they were caught and Veronica and Jilian will be returned to their families but I am also terribly sad for their loss to their families and everyone that loved them.

I still think the original plan was to come back to move the vehicle and hide/destroy any evidence where the vehicle was parked. They banked on having far more time that they actually did, thanks to, I think it was Jilian's husband? that immediately alerted LE and took off driving down there. A couple of them probably would have taken the car out somewhere and burned it. I suspect a trusted family member was probably with the children while all this was going on because it was a pretty big and risky operation.

I also think that wherever they had hidden these women was not to be the final place. They just didn't have time. As soon as the car was found I'm sure they were all being watched closely and weren't able to go move or doing anything else with the remains.

I am so glad they were caught and Veronica and Jilian will be returned to their families but I am also terribly sad for their loss to their families and everyone that loved them.
If they had someone watching the children that person will surely be called to testify about how long and when TA, TC left the kids in their charge.

I was thinking if it was possible that Jilian had her phone on with her husband the entire 45 minute drive to the site. Given the contentiousness of this whole custody case and it being the first time Jilian was supervising, I think that might have been the case. Hence his quick response in driving over there with his friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery