PA - Ellen Greenberg, 27, Philly teacher’s brutal stabbing, ruled suicide but possible homicide, Jan 2011

I assume this will be found undetermined at some point.

But that is infuriating in itself.

I'd like to see the person who can stab themselves in a 180 degree angle first in the back of the neck into the brain and after that manage to stab themselves - again 180 degrees around their body from the brain-penetrating neck wound - and through the breast plate deep inside the chest.

Just no. No way in hell.
I so agree She could not do this to herself n she was stabbed after her heart stopped beating according to to the autopsy. The knive was found in her chest

I so agree She could not do this to herself n she was stabbed after her heart stopped beating according to to the autopsy. The knive was found in her chest
Based on the finding that she was stabbed after her heart stopped beating should be enough for a homicide, shouldn't it? how could the coroner (ME) change the finding from homicide to suicide (which to my recall was done in this case- correct me if I am wrong. What a mess

Based on the finding that she was stabbed after her heart stopped beating should be enough for a homicide, shouldn't it? how could the coroner (ME) change the finding from homicide to suicide (which to my recall was done in this case- correct me if I am wrong. What a mess
Definitely. But I guess that it comes down to the order in which the stabs were inflicted.

1. Stabbed in the chest first - well this would make murder a certain conclusion. A couple of times over.

2. Stabbed in the chest last - this is what seems more likely. Someone attacked her from behind as she was preparing a snack. She was incapacitated from the severing of the dural sack and the leaking spinal fluid. The remaining18 stabs before the last in the chest could then be inflicted without defensive wounds.

The wound into her brain is one very strange aspect. It is such a bizarre angle. Impossible for her and I can only envision this wound being inflicted by a perp who was standing face to face to her - and was lefthanded.

Thing is we will never know because the police and coroner botched this case so thoroughly. It is just tragic for her family that they will never get the answers they deserve.
very true. Nonetheless ruling it murder is the right thing to do. Only the few people who read for more than 10 min about this will know who is 99% involved.

He’s a big boy, he can take it. A criminal trial is impossible regardless of the ruling.

@CHEL, thank you for posting the article. Glad the Greenbergs are not giving up.

- from the article: bbm

The court is allowing the Greenberg's attorneys to move forward with discovery and depositions in the case, and they have a deadline to get that done by May 6th, 2024.

The hope for the family is that this civil case goes to trial in the fall.

@CHEL, thank you for posting the article. Glad the Greenbergs are not giving up.

- from the article: bbm

The court is allowing the Greenberg's attorneys to move forward with discovery and depositions in the case, and they have a deadline to get that done by May 6th, 2024.

The hope for the family is that this civil case goes to trial in the fall.
Thank you for this update: cannot believe it has been 13 years since she was murdered

Does anyone have info about suicide methods statistics?

It would be mighty interesting to see how many women committed suicide through stabbing themselves through the breastplate with their nondominant hand.

A former prosecutor knew nothing about Ellen Greenberg’s death when he first read her file in 2016. He’s been consumed by its inconsistencies ever since.
https://t.co/Y7sl1XEIQh

• Updated: Apr. 29, 2024, 5:12 a.m.|Published: Apr. 29, 2024, 5:05 a.m.

”More than five years after Ellen’s mysterious death, her file in the DA’s office wasn’t easy to locate, however. Since it wasn’t a homicide, it wasn’t filed with the rest of those cases, D’Andrea said. He rummaged through several more locations before finally stumbling upon it in an office closet used to store Christmas decorations.”

Oh how nice and orderly.

Get this case off of suicide. Now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv