Found Deceased FL - Katherine Altagracia Guerrero De Aguasvias, 31, missing after possible armed carjacking recorded by witness, Winter Springs, 11 Apr 2024

I haven't seen this article posted yet. The officer's wife was also charged

Her charge, per the story at the link:
Investigators said Estrella and his wife are friends with Aguas-Viva's husband. He is accused of posing as a detective on the case to get information. Both he and his wife are also accused of illegally accessing a database with the addresses and photos of the real detectives working the case.
So the deputy’s wife was actually criminally charged too? Or is it just the way the reporter phrased the sentence? Sorry on a plane, WiFi super slow

has his tow company listed there as well
This article has the tow company name.
Juan Garcia, 39, was killed Wednesday in Taft. A manager at JL Towing confirmed he was the owner of the business.

Wasn't it mentiomed up thread that the number on the back of the Durango belonged to Garcia'? How long had Katherine owned/had the Durango? Has anyone confirmed that she drove the Durango from Homestead to Seminole County? Or did she drive a different vehicle there where she picked the Durango up?

Many years ago, my mom had a broken down car stolen off the side of the road. Turned out a guy with a flatbed would go around stealing older cars that had broken down. He would sell them to the junk yard.
I guess he was able to do it due to how old they were and not requiring to be titled.The junk yards had to be in some sort of kahootss with this guy. My mom's car was already registered and titled in the state, so that makes it stranger as I think about it.
My mom went to court but didn't want to follow through because she remembered my brother stealing cars as an 18/19 uear old. He did it to joy ride and spent some time in prison behind it.

I can believe that some tow companies or private individuals are involved with illegal towing of cars as a scam to make money. I'm not saying that is what was going on in this case.

Wasn't it mentiomed up thread that the number on the back of the Durango belonged to Garcia'? How long had Katherine owned/had the Durango? Has anyone confirmed that she drove the Durango from Homestead to Seminole County? Or did she drive a different vehicle there where she picked the Durango up?

Many years ago, my mom had a broken down car stolen off the side of the road. Turned out a guy with a flatbed would go around stealing older cars that had broken down. He would sell them to the junk yard.
I guess he was able to do it due to how old they were and not requiring to be titled.The junk yards had to be in some sort of kahootss with this guy. My mom's car was already registered and titled in the state, so that makes it stranger as I think about it.
My mom went to court but didn't want to follow through because she remembered my brother stealing cars as an 18/19 uear old. He did it to joy ride and spent some time in prison behind it.

I can believe that some tow companies or private individuals are involved with illegal towing of cars as a scam to make money. I'm not saying that is what was going on in this case.
BBM. The number on the Durango belongs to Katherine's husband.

Exactly. I don’t think the deputy is criminally involved other than trying to get insider info. But sounds like the husband was wanting to see what info LE had. I think that’s curious.

I mean, if it was my family who was murdered, I'd want to know too. Deputy deserved to lose his job. But it doesn't mean husband is guilty of anything.

MOO

I believe it was actually towed in March due to illegal parking. Then the tow truck driver was murdered a few weeks later, in April. During a press conference today Sheriff Lemma said the car was released but didn't say when.

While discussing the vehicle being released, Sheriff Lemma mentioned that sometimes innocent people unwittingly become involved because someone told them to do something. So it's not as simple as just finding out who they released the Acura to.

Sherrif Lemma said it was on the road illegally since February and that it may have been passed around between individuals.
Can't sleuth those indicated as within the acquaintance perimeter: So sleuth the car maybe?

Acura offered (3) lines in 1992: The Integra, the Legend and the Vigor. (The iconic and highly recognizeable NSX line was discontinued in 1991). The Integra was small and sporty; either a 2-door or 3-door; from the rear it looked like image near middle this page:

No Reserve: 1992 Acura Integra GS-R

Note the tailights and the portion utilized as back up light. Also note the location of the characters spelling out INTEGRA above the RH tail light. The tail pipe has a pair of tips on the left side of the bumper cover.

The Legend was available 2-door or 4-door: a 4-door from the rear looked like Photo 7 here:

Note again the tail lights, back up lights and the caption "LEGEND" above the RH tail light. Also the Acura logo directly above the trunk lock cylinder...
A Legend 2-door looked considerably different from the rear: see Photo 5 here

Now the tail lights are entirely within the perimeter of the back panel, no part of them wraps into the quarter panels; also we have characters spelling both "Acura" and "Legend" as well as the logo.

If we look at the video and stills of the perpetrators car per lots of posts above: the back up light portion spans the enire top of the tail light assembly; the tail lights taper considerably bottom to top; the line name is directly above the trunk lock cylinder, and has 5-characters; and there are 2-tail pipe tips, one each side. The car is an Acura Vigor, though....

WRT the Acura Vigor: given the other successes of the parent company (Honda) in terms of vehicle sales, was a dog on the market. That probably explains the limited population of green 1992 vehicles satisfying this description in the state of FL: for the entire US 13846 total were sold in 1992; and only 253 in 1995. From the rear: the tail lights taper considerably bottom to top; the tail lights look right; the lettering looks right. Curiously the perpetrators car has a tail pipe tip both left and right while the photos of the '92 from the net shows tandem pipes on the left.

The other curiousity about the Vigor: It used a 5-cylinder inline engine, which only appeared in this and one other Honda model, to 1998 when it was dropped completely. Most other I-5 engines were European manufacturers or domestic cars with European underpinnings.

Can't sleuth those indicated as within the acquaintance perimeter: So sleuth the car maybe?

Acura offered (3) lines in 1992: The Integra, the Legend and the Vigor. (The iconic and highly recognizeable NSX line was discontinued in 1991). The Integra was small and sporty; either a 2-door or 3-door; from the rear it looked like image near middle this page:

Note the tailights and the portion utilized as back up light. Also note the location of the characters spelling out INTEGRA above the RH tail light. The tail pipe has a pair of tips on the left side of the bumper cover.

The Legend was available 2-door or 4-door: a 4-door from the rear looked like Photo 7 here:

Note again the tail lights, back up lights and the caption "LEGEND" above the RH tail light. Also the Acura logo directly above the trunk lock cylinder...

Now the tail lights are entirely within the perimeter of the back panel, no part of them wraps into the quarter panels; also we have characters spelling both "Acura" and "Legend" as well as the logo.

If we look at the video and stills of the perpetrators car per lots of posts above: the back up light portion spans the enire top of the tail light assembly; the tail lights taper considerably bottom to top; the line name is directly above the trunk lock cylinder, and has 5-characters; and there are 2-tail pipe tips, one each side.

WRT the Acura Vigor: given the other successes of the parent company (Honda) in terms of vehicle sales, was a dog on the market. That probably explains the limited population of green 1992 vehicles satisfying this description in the state of FL: for the entire US 13846 total were sold in 1992; and only 253 in 1995. From the rear: the tail lights taper considerably bottom to top; the tail lights look right; the lettering looks right. Curiously the perpetrators car has a tail pipe tip both left and right while the photos of the '92 from the net shows tandem pipes on the left.

The other curiousity about the Vigor: It used a 5-cylinder inline engine, which only appeared in this and one other Honda model, to 1998 when it was dropped completely. Most other I-5 engines were European manufacturers or domestic cars with European underpinnings.
If you listen to the press conference posted on page 7 you will hear the detailed ownership/change of when it had been towed etc in the very beginning of the pc.

I haven't seen this article posted yet. The officer's wife was also charged

Her charge, per the story at the link:
Investigators said Estrella and his wife are friends with Aguas-Viva's husband. He is accused of posing as a detective on the case to get information. Both he and his wife are also accused of illegally accessing a database with the addresses and photos of the real detectives working the case.
Interesting. He, husband, was the one who would have access to the david system. Did he use her phone to do so? IDK

They said there was only one Green Acura in the entire state, so easy to identify. But, I bet he tows a lot of cars, so would he remember? Dunno.
he would have had to predict the future as he was dead a day before the kidnapping. More likely tow truck driver and Katherine were both targeted for whatever unknown reasons.

(snip)

The towing business offers all kinds of opportunities for criminal types to steal cars, hide cars, loan/rent cars for criminal use, swap tags, launder money (cash only to get your car out of the lot).

I am sure there are totally legit operators in big busy cities where parking tows are very lucrative, but when you have 5 businesses registered at same address and one of your guys, just registered in a new business venture, 65 Music, takes a 3 minute 10mm rat tat tat, dirt nap. That business should raise some eyebrows.

usual disclaimer: None of this as stated is other than my opinion. Just bears police investigation and I am sure those are the stones Lemma was alluding to if the investigation goes beyond a certain point.

If we look at the video and stills of the perpetrators car per lots of posts above: the back up light portion spans the enire top of the tail light assembly; the tail lights taper considerably bottom to top; the line name is directly above the trunk lock cylinder, and has 5-characters; and there are 2-tail pipe tips, one each side. The car is an Acura Vigor, though....

Can you imagine, one of the perps was probably a "car guy" and said, "lets use the green Vigor, I always liked the engines in those". oops, Doh!

The towing business offers all kinds of opportunities for criminal types to steal cars, hide cars, loan/rent cars for criminal use, swap tags, launder money (cash only to get your car out of the lot).

I am sure there are totally legit operators in big busy cities where parking tows are very lucrative, but when you have 5 businesses registered at same address and one of your guys, just registered in a new business venture, 65 Music, takes a 3 minute 10mm rat tat tat, dirt nap. That business should raise some eyebrows.

usual disclaimer: None of this as stated is other than my opinion. Just bears police investigation and I am sure those are the stones Lemma was alluding to if the investigation goes beyond a certain point.

This towing company... TRL, Takeover Towing, 65 Music, hmmmm.... all fishy-fishy.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flying_fox1
Back