Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #5 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
These 4 sat and waited to be arrested for two weeks/14 days knowing they were being "looked at". Cullum was prepared to run.

So, with three of them appearing to have the funds for a sudden, large vacation, why did they all sit and wait?
I think they thought they could wait out the storm.
Someone told police that the four told her they were going on a “mission” the day of the women’s disappearance.

When they returned, they told her “things didn’t go as planned” but they wouldn’t have to worry about Butler again....

Yes, that's true.

What is sad is that TA and company were never in any danger or threat from either victim.
Veronica had been stalked and harassed before the murders.
She obviously was in grave danger, I wish she'd been able to escape the fate meted out to her by the deranged foursome.
Omo.
Sadly, I think she knew very well that there was a reason Wrangler never would stand up to his mother, but those were her babies, her children. Of course, Veronica never would have expected (I wouldn't have either), the full extent of how truly evil Tifany and the others were but Veronica fought so hard because of the love for children. From everything that unfolded, we will never know how far Tifany was willing to take it to. I'm so thankful they were able to get the state and FBI involved so early and arrest all of them so quickly. I can't say enough how brave Veronica and Jilian were through everything. This is just my opinion, but as both mothers, both familiar with Tifany and both believing in their hearts it was the right thing to do because of how Veronica was railroaded in the custody case, what Tifany did for years trying to keep the children away from their mother and most importantly for the safety of the children, I just will never forget how brave both of them were. I hope one day in the far future something will be arranged and I would love to contribute because if I have just a tenth of the total bravery these women lived with everyday, maybe I can make a small difference to others.

imo. ❤️

At least they should be able to add, 'threatening the judge' to their sentencing ?
Omo.
Thanks for the links !

Not a crime to talk in your own home about wanting to kill someone. But it is a crime if you take it farther than that.

Look at all the many people who say "I thought she was just kidding." " I didn't think he would do that. "

Probably what Cora's daughter is telling investigators. She did zilch to stop it.

2 Cents

In every big murder case I've followed, all of us are always saying, "I can't believe they did this or I can't believe they did that" but I can't believe the boldness of these killers to do what they did in broad daylight, out in the wide open, on a public road. Then, apparently, Tifany entertained the idea of whacking the judge while she walked to work. They all had to have serious delusions that they were untouchable.
BBM
You hit the nail on the head - UNTOUCHABLE Longtime residents of Cimarron County, but TA felt her stance in the community would keep them out of trouble. Cole Twombly seemed to have a reputation of somewhat a bully, my way or no way! Not sure abt the vibe I get from Tad Cullum, he seems to be more of a follower than leader. Cora Twombly would do whatever her husband, Cole, told her to do. Cole & Tifany had been really good friends for yeaaaaaaaaars! Longtime, ride or die buddies!
My interpretation of the 4 & my 2cents
MOO

Stephen Jones said he represents a lot of people in the panhandle so I don't think he's an especially big shot lawyer. When he was McVeigh's atty, he may have been court appointed.

Though I dont know of Jones was appointed per se, or took the case after being directly approached by the government,
we was apparently a highly rated defense attorney.

In order to avoid feeding conspiracy theories that the OKC bombing was really the work of say, the Mossad, Islamic militants, the New World Order etc. etc. , Uncle Sam made a decision to provide McVeigh with an unquestionably effective, star defense attorney - and also footed his customarily high bill.

In his book, Jones implied that his bill was 1.3 million dollars or so. Though his skills and bills were undoubtably high, some aspects of his book seemed hyped.

But.... after Mcveigh was convicted, he was represented by the standard public defender for his appeals.

Last edited:
"..... that suspect Tifany Adams, 54, “did provide a recorded statement to law enforcement indicating her responsibility for the death of the deceased.”
What Adams, the grandmother of Butler’s children, said in the recorded statement was not revealed in the court documents.

Prosecutors say there had been many attempts to take Butler’s life. Other court documents show the years of turmoil between Butler and Adams, but efforts to secure a protection order did not get a judge’s approval.

KSN on Wednesday spoke with Clinton Butler, Veronica Butler’s father. When asked if he felt the justice system failed his daughter, he responded, “One hundred percent.”

How infuriating and sad for Veronica's dad.
Why didn't the judge respond to her efforts to get a retraining order/protection order ?
Omo.

Does anyone know if there's ever been an interview, with a killer, where the killer was straight out asked, "What the hell were you thinking and how did you ever think you could get away with this?"?

Does anyone know if there's ever been an interview, with a killer, where the killer was straight out asked, "What the hell were you thinking and how did you ever think you could get away with this?"?
I suspect the answer would be the same as what teenagers say when asked the same question. "I don't know."

"A juvenile allegedly told the OSBI that she overheard conversations about Butler. She claimed Cora Twombly said she — as well as Adams, Cullum, and her husband, Cole — were involved in the deaths."

"The OSBI says, according to the teen, that Adams provided burner phones to use so the group could communicate without using their personal phones. The teen told investigators she saw two burner phones charging on Cora Twombly’s nightstand."

Even tho I would hoped this teen would have went to authorities, teens are anxious, scared, easily intimidated...etc...

I am grateful that she could pour out everything with with LE when she felt safe.

"..... that suspect Tifany Adams, 54, “did provide a recorded statement to law enforcement indicating her responsibility for the death of the deceased.”
What Adams, the grandmother of Butler’s children, said in the recorded statement was not revealed in the court documents.

Prosecutors say there had been many attempts to take Butler’s life. Other court documents show the years of turmoil between Butler and Adams, but efforts to secure a protection order did not get a judge’s approval.

KSN on Wednesday spoke with Clinton Butler, Veronica Butler’s father. When asked if he felt the justice system failed his daughter, he responded, “One hundred percent.”

How infuriating and sad for Veronica's dad.
Why didn't the judge respond to her efforts to get a retraining order/protection order ?
Omo.

VB tried to get a restraining order? I haven't seen this.

Restraining orders keep the restrained person so many feet away from you which is not possible when the people you want to restrain have legal access to your kids by custody or partial custody or visitation.

2 Cents

Restraining orders keep the restrained person so many feet away from you which is not possible when the people you want to restrain have legal access to your kids by custody or partial custody or visitation.

2 Cents
In the court documents, it is shows VB's efforts to secure a protection order did not get a judge’s approval.

"A juvenile allegedly told the OSBI that she overheard conversations about Butler. She claimed Cora Twombly said she — as well as Adams, Cullum, and her husband, Cole — were involved in the deaths."

"The OSBI says, according to the teen, that Adams provided burner phones to use so the group could communicate without using their personal phones. The teen told investigators she saw two burner phones charging on Cora Twombly’s nightstand."

Even tho I would hoped this teen would have went to authorities, teens are anxious, scared, easily intimidated...etc...

I am grateful that she could pour out everything with with LE when she felt safe.

The by line is Laura McMillan who took it upon herself to edit out that CW said her mother told her that Paul Grice was at the murder scene. That is a lie by omission which I find rather curious and don't like it.

Dumb question maybe, but don't cell phones have to be on to ping? If so, I simply cannot wrap my mind around the killers burying burner phones that are switched on.
Not a dumb question, but murderers can tend to be s t u p i d. Patrick Frazee had both his phone and hers in the truck. Yet telling authorities he didn't know where she was.

Dumb question maybe, but don't cell phones have to be on to ping? If so, I simply cannot wrap my mind around the killers burying burner phones that are switched on.
Not a dumb question. I believe they have to powered on. I wonder if they stupidly turned them off at the burial site, so the last pings were there, and they never anticipated the burners could be traced.

I think they genuinely believed burner phones couldn't be traced, so it probably never occurred to them that anyone would ever be tracking those phones.

2 Cents
Oh, ok, thanks for pointing that out.
Maybe a misinterpretation by me ?
I was under the impression that a restraining order and protection order are the same legal term ?
Imo.

In the court documents, it is shows VB's efforts to secure a protection order did not get a judge’s approval.
Was the P.O. in actuality a protection order from Tifany Adams and necessarily WR ?

Thanks!

Restraining orders don't stop killers
That is very tragically true.
We see it over and over again in these cases.
Omo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member