Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #5 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
I think where this gets muddy is the fact that VB stated to the court she’s fearful and therefore requested the exchanges be accompanied by a deputy.
This was granted for some time.
Until it wasn’t…

Logistically and fiscally this isn’t possible for everyone and in every (or most) custody cases.

And yes, there’s an option they could have gone to the station to do the exchange…but something tells me TA would not give that grace to VB. And that sheriff saying theres no need for LE present during the exchanges was exactly how TA wanted it to play out.
For all we know, TA may be friends with the Sheriff. He's an elected politician.

JMO

Probably nothing will be done about it, as usual. What should be done is a clear and precise explanation, given at a presser, with questions from reporters, about why he was named (not once, but twice; previous attempt in Kansas and the actual murders). If that information was inaccurate, then it should be publicly stated, at the presser and the man completely cleared. He was named in a legal document, used to arrest everyone else named, so it's not like this is some random gossip. It's on the record. It would take an investigative reporter to keep hammering on it or angry family members, though that's happened in the past, in even worse crimes, and this kind of stuff still barely saw the light of day. I completely disagree that LE doesn't need to report to the public. Who pays their salaries and for the investigations? They are public servants and accountable to the people, not the other way around. This is a double murder and the public is entitled to ALL of the information. This group, "God Misfits" <modsnip> are exactly the type of groups the FBI infiltrates with informants. There is every reason to believe that's why Grice is being erased and protected, until I see otherwise.
The public is not entitled to know all the information prior to trial... especially if the investigation is still underway. I believe it is because it crossed state lines and cell phones were involved. The FBI was involved in the Patrick Frazee case for that same reason.

This group sounds more like a cult than any legitimate religious group.

JMO

Well, it is infringing on a person's freedom, which of course, in America, at least is sacrosanct. I suppose all requests for restraining orders have to scrutinized and only granted if there's a real risk of danger, and yes, that's always going to be a subjective call in some ways. I'm sure there would be and probably even are a lot of frivolous requests made out of pettiness or vindictiveness or other invalid reasons, given the contentiousness of these kinds of situations.
Freedom is sacrosanct but that doesn't mean it means anyone has the right to harass, stalk or threaten someone else. I don't see a restraining order restricting anyone's freedom to move about the planet but saying to stay out of another person's space. I think it's usually about 1000' feet and that's not a lot.

That’s true. If it was a larger group with any sort of anti-govt focus, I doubt the members would be overly impressed with the leader’s fixation on family squabbles involving her grandchildren.
Actually, this is just the kind of thing that an anti-government group could get behind, IMO. The government deciding where her grandchildren should or should not go, and claiming to know best what is good for the children and interfering in the lives of their families. As one of the members said to her daughter, they were on a mission. They truly believed, IMO, that they were saving the children and I'm sure that they saw Jilian as an agent of the government in the role she was occupying that day.

Well, it is infringing on a person's freedom, which of course, in America, at least is sacrosanct. I suppose all requests for restraining orders have to scrutinized and only granted if there's a real risk of danger, and yes, that's always going to be a subjective call in some ways. I'm sure there would be and probably even are a lot of frivolous requests made out of pettiness or vindictiveness or other invalid reasons, given the contentiousness of these kinds of situations.
The police chief told my family member that she would have a better chance of getting an EOP if she took copies of police reports with her and showed them to the judge. It worked.

What I believe happened in this case is TA had enough money to "weaponize" the court case against VB for the last five years. VB wasn't a resident of the area, and local LE knew it.

JMO

Agreed.
Hopefully they get shunned by everyone and the span of TA’s (and the rest) influence is no more. Old money, all her connections from high level positions she held, and some traditional values many in that area share (plus SM conspiracies algorithms), I’m sure not 100% of the public are in victims’ corners.

If someone told me in 5 years that TA is a top dog, or one of the top dogs in prison, I would not be surprised one bit.
Considering the fact that TA orchestrated the brutal murders of two young mothers, I doubt she will be allowed to be a "top dog" in prison by the prison staff or other inmates.

JMO

I have never understood denying requests for restraining orders/PPOs. What possible harm can they do? Isn't it, basically stay a certain distance away from and do not contact someone?
I'm not an attorney but I think it becomes complicated when it involves children. They do have a right to a relationship with both parents but that also doesn't mean visits should be unsupervised. A request for an EOP is done without a hearing or notifying the defendant. But it also only lasts a few weeks because the defendant is allowed a hearing under due process.

This case involves an incredibly toxic narcissistic mother who likely raised an incredibly toxic narcissistic son to the point he developed drug abuse problems. It is all about control of their victim. And in this case, it just wasn't about control of VB but also total control of their children. I hope TA's son gets the mental health help he so desperately needs.

JMO

I have never understood denying requests for restraining orders/PPOs. What possible harm can they do? Isn't it, basically stay a certain distance away from and do not contact someone?
They would have to establish that grounds exist for a restraining order. BTW, they aren't always between warring couples; they could be between siblings who don't get along, a person who was fired and is ordered to stay off the employer's property, etc.

They wouldn’t have arrested on that information alone. They had everything else they found with their telecommunication warrants! Plus, we have no idea about fingerprints on car and broken hammer. It’s most likely the reason it took two weeks before an arrest. They had suspects, the girl told LE what she heard and the pickup that she had to clean out, LE got warrants on suspects for telecommunication, tracking and purchases etc. Then-they made their arrests.

Fortunately four who may pose a danger to her are locked up and never getting out. Are there are more? Dunno and don't know how many are in that group (probably not many). I wonder if she came forward on her own or was just tracked down by LE and felt she had to tell the truth when asked to. It seems she didn't alert anyone about the February attempt/plot to kill Veronica. Maybe scared, maybe thinks this is all normal and the way people handle things. Who knows? You can be sure that everyone in that area knows who she is. Hopefully, good people will make themselves a source of support because she needs it.
I feel having to clean out the pickup they used to during this crime put her in an emotional crisis like it would must of us!

My impression of that place is that it's very sparsely populated and so I imagined the group would be small but, of course, don't know. I have no clue what their beliefs are, either, other than PG's as reported by News Nation. Were those the same beliefs as the Misfits? If that turns out to be so, none of it indicated anything about violence (unlike, for instance, Antifa or other anarchists). It was mostly bible thumper, individualist, what I see as (could be wrong) kind of out west, rancher/redneck view of life, like don't bother me and I won't bother you kind of thing, MYOB, 1890s sort of world view. Obviously, there are light years between that kind of thinking and being psycho killers. Point being, if there are many more members and that's the kind of thing they believe in, I wouldn't think they'd approve of murder.
For me personally, what their faith is or their beliefs makes no difference - I focus on the fact that they planned an ambushed murder beginning in February and the n carried it out.

The public is not entitled to know all the information prior to trial... especially if the investigation is still underway. I believe it is because it crossed state lines and cell phones were involved. The FBI was involved in the Patrick Frazee case for that same reason.

This group sounds more like a cult than any legitimate religious group.

JMO
I feel LE had a very valid reason for including PG in the affidavit. We can’t put the puzzle pieces together, because LE is the only people who have all the puzzle pieces. Eventually, it will all come out.

Considering the fact that TA orchestrated the brutal murders of two young mothers, I doubt she will be allowed to be a "top dog" in prison by the prison staff or other inmates.

JMO
That is exactly the kinda thing that can make you powerful in prison.
It’s the callousness of the act, the perceived power and influence outside of the prison, and money.
TA was high ranking on multiple boards (school and hospital), and was able to manipulate multiple others (not even blood related) to commit double murder of two young mothers. And she did it because of consistent narratives, daily proximity to those she manipulated, and probably some level of financial influence.
Pretty good recipe for the environment she’s going into.

That is exactly the kinda thing that can make you powerful in prison.
It’s the callousness of the act, the perceived power and influence outside of the prison, and money.
TA was high ranking on multiple boards (school and hospital), and was able to manipulate multiple others (not even blood related) to commit double murder of two young mothers. And she did it because of consistent narratives, daily proximity to those she manipulated, and probably some level of financial influence.
Pretty good recipe for the environment she’s going into.
Send her to a lifetime of solidarity confinement. That way she will spend forever with the person she spent a lifetime hiding from the public because if anyone knew how truly heinous and ugly she was inside it would be of course herself, Tifany Adams. Tifany didn't care to use her own blood, her own son, Wrangler to de facto custody of the children for herself. It would never be to help Wrangler get his life together enough to be a full-time parent, it was all part of Tifany Adams' master manipulation of how she was perceived. Tifany instead used her son's legal and problems with the law to create the image of herself as some false hero of the custody situation that she should have never been a part of but manipulated herself into through lies and accusations. The more accusations Tifany made about both parents would also distract others from the reality of her own situation. Tifany was on a death mission to get what she wanted no matter the cost or amount of people it would harm and affect for years to come. Make Tifany spend a lifetime with the person she hates more than anyone, her true self in solidarity confinement.

I doubt the prosecution will offer a plea deal to these toxic narcissists.

JMO
I wonder what underlying considerations might play out in the decision to offer a plea deal or not. If all four were to take a plea deal, would it save the county/state a great deal of money OR would a trial bring in a lot of outside revenue from the national/international coverage this story might get? Is there a DA who would relish this case on his courtroom resume for possible political run? Are there any oldtimers still running the county that might feel some allegiance to TA or TC's parents and want to keep this out of the spotlight? (There's still a family or two in my town that just might get that consideration.) Not that TA will want to stay out of the spotlight.

This is an interesting mix of causes and personalities - just within the 4 defendants. Then when you mix in what I see as the independence and lifestyle that probably means survival in that area of Oklahoma -- If there were a local paper or reporter really digging in, it would be a terrific story.

By the time the group appears in court to enter a plea, I thoroughly expect TA's lawyer to be jumping up and down, denying her "confession" and blaming LE for not properly mirandzing her.

I wonder if any of them will go quietly.

Last edited:
I feel having to clean out the pickup they used to during this crime put her in an emotional crisis like it would must of us!
Mom CT telling her daughter to clean out the truck forced her daughter to be a participant. IMO, Mrs CT was not some sweet little woman coerced into misdeeds by evil TA. There's some deep-seated darkness there. The couple of CT and CT scare me as much or more than TA and TC.
(The suspect initials in this case are harder for me to keep track of than any other case, for some reason)

I feel LE had a very valid reason for including PG in the affidavit. We can’t put the puzzle pieces together, because LE is the only people who have all the puzzle pieces. Eventually, it will all come out.
It already did. He was questioned by 2 different LE agencies, and released.
PG was never named as a suspect or a POI, never arrested, and never charged.

Him being named in the AA simply means the statement from Cora Twombly's daughter was released without redaction.
Considering it's reasonable to assume CW was merely repeating what she'd been told, likely by her mother and/or step-father (who WERE there) it's unfortunate they didn't redact the man's name. It most certainly doesn't mean that he's guilty of anything, other than knowing these people.

I'll trust that LE investigating this case know what they're doing, and PG being released was the right move.

jmo

Is it possible that if they plea guilty to the crime that they can avoid a trial and not testify to what was done to VB & JK.?
I may be wrong, but I would think any offer of any plea agreements would be contingent on the accused admitting guilt, and fully testifying truthfully to their roles in the murders. That said, I do not see any of these four getting offers, unless one gets an offer of pleading guilty to a lesser charge, in return for testifying against the others, although the cases against them may be strong enough, that is not needed. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member