TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, that is an interesting point. How should someone "act" when the FBI is searching your home, and digging up your backyard? CD's daughter wasn't freaking out...she was just matter of fact about it.

The conversation was so mundane, CD talking about going to jail, with completely flat affect. The scene was like something out of "Fargo".
Agreed. For me, it was eerie to watch simply because it was so matter-of-fact. I think that most people -- if they were innocent -- would have had a million questions at that point: They found something? What did they find? Where? How could it have gotten there? Are you sure it's the kids? Does LVD know? Can they tell how long they've been there? Did they find anything else? Who could have done this? When could someone have done this? What happens now? Am I being charged with something? How can this be happening?

The manipulathon! These texts show two monsters on a tandem bike of evil steering for TD. When one gets tired, the other one starts to pedal. It is so disgusting that I've learned how to make a short post. Pah!

interesting Vallow pressured Daybell

Lori then says, "If you really loved me, u wouldn't want that either. " She then tells him, "U should give all of you love and attention to your wife and family. I'm just a distraction. Go have fun with your family. I really to want you to. I just can't be in the way anymore. "

Agreed. For me, it was eerie to watch simply because it was so matter-of-fact. I think that most people -- if they were innocent -- would have had a million questions at that point: They found something? What did they find? Where? How could it have gotten there? Are you sure it's the kids? Does LVD know? Can they tell how long they've been there? Did they find anything else? Who could have done this? When could someone have done this? What happens now? Am I being charged with something? How can this be happening?
It was appalling.

I think Emma was crying real tears that she was going to lose her father to incarceration. And that sums up the normalcy in that exchange.

Everything else was complete WTF. Dude was in contact with his attorney and Lori's, right? He should have gotten a whirlwind education of detained v. arrested. He should have known there were no charges yet. But he is dumb as a rock. I still recall Lori trying to explain to him that the life insurance beneficiary assignment was 100% up to Charles.

Emma really shocked me. I was trying so hard to ignore that 48 hours interview from years ago and approach her as a victim with a right to privacy. I guess that still is what she is. But when she described how she turned her mother's death into a way to manipulate people, and expressed her intentions to do the same regarding her father's incarceration....wow. Use people much? There is a difference between accepting support and manipulating others, a difference I suspect she can not articulate.

Is she going to perjure herself on the stand and say her mother was ill? She has to endure cross examination like, "Did you see her have a seizure? Did you see her pass out? Isn't it possible she told you she was tired, but she just wanted to go to bed to text her sister?

The Zumba instructor, Mrs. Gilbert, teachers and friends will contradict the unhealthy narrative, and they don't have a motive as compelling as saving a family life and the family name to lie.

MOO

LOL, I would be doing the very same thing.

interesting Vallow pressured Daybell

Lori then says, "If you really loved me, u wouldn't want that either. " She then tells him, "U should give all of you love and attention to your wife and family. I'm just a distraction. Go have fun with your family. I really to want you to. I just can't be in the way anymore. "
She probably enjoyed playing 'mind games' with Chad.

One of my favorite text exchanges between Chad and Lori is:
Chad: I know you won’t get this for another hour or so, but my love for you is overflowing right now. I just want to hold you endlessly. You are my wonderful best friend I can’t live without!

Lori: And yet you are. So sad [EMOJIS] missing you! Just landed! Gotta get to work!!
It's very telling. I also find it humorous.

IMO, Agent Hart is doing an excellent job navigating Prior's cross-examination. Prior keeps trying to put words in his mouth, and he's not afraid to say, "That's not what I said."

Next state witness (#12) is Sydney Woodbury Shenk, JJ's babysitter in Rexburg, who also testified in LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

18 - SYDNEY WOODBURY SCHENK: STATE WITNESS, JJ’s babysitter (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Babysitting JJ (18-19 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought she would be babysitting JJ long-term

Now, that is an interesting point. How should someone "act" when the FBI is searching your home, and digging up your backyard? CD's daughter wasn't freaking out...she was just matter of fact about it.

The conversation was so mundane, CD talking about going to jail, with completely flat affect. The scene was like something out of "Fargo".
Ok so someone else mentioned Fargo earlier in this trial. I never saw Fargo. Can someone please explain the reference?

Is there a link somewhere to today's trial? I know Nate is on vacation - but is there a link to his stuff?

From what I am reading now - Det. Hart finished his cross & the next witness today is the baby sitter - correct? TIA! :)

Next state witness (#13) is Dr. Josh Wilson, JJ's principal in Rexburg, who also testified in LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

19 - JOSH WILSON: STATE WITNESS, Kennedy Elementary Principal (summary 1, audio Apr20)
JJ’s school attendance in Rexburg (3-20 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought JJ would be attending school there long-term

Next state witness (#14) is Wynn Hill, BYU-I Dean, who also testified in LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

20 - WYNN HILL: STATE WITNESS, BYU-I Dean (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TR never applied or enrolled at BYU-I

Is there a link somewhere to today's trial? I know Nate is on vacation - but is there a link to his stuff?

From what I am reading now - Det. Hart finished his cross & the next witness today is the baby sitter - correct? TIA! :)
I've been watching on Hidden True crime's link.

There is also one put up by the court, and several other outlets are streaming. The authorized sources on this thread (one of the first posts) will include a few links, if you can't search from your location.

MIO

I think Boyce is annoyed by Prior. By the time Ratliff appeared, he had already had a very trying day maintaining a calm demeanor. Prior /Gibb were the set and Ratliff was the spike.

LH got in trouble for seemingly taking a photo, but hadn't done so, and got kicked out. Also ahe had submitted that motion about excessive sealings before the trial ever started.
Ah yes, that’s right. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618