TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’m sorry this is so off-topic but I’m dying to know when this comment occurred In the Murdaugh trial? The witness name is enough for me to go looking.
During the 9-1-1 call Murdaugh made when he "discovered" his wife and son dead at his property ("Moselle"). The Dispatcher asked him whether the address he gave her was a house or a mobile home. I think he was insulted that: 1) she didn't "know" him; and 2) she would have the audacity to even question whether his residence was a mobile home.

Two points from JP's narrative yesterday that he is likely going to revisit.

With Tammy's school principal on the stand, JP tried to insinuate that Tammy didn't run the 5k in September, a month before her death. It looked like Emma and her husband might testify about that. I wonder who the jury would believe.

JP was also trying to make the realtor affirm that there was no time to spare between the Sunday service at the church and the viewing of the property on September 22. MG&DW claimed that before the property visit, Chad and Lori took them to a park near the church where they showed them an imposing "terrestrial building" that apparently only C&L were able to see, because nothing was there.

I agree.

And, IIRC, even in re-cross the attorney suggested to the principal he might have seen Tammy & daughter on another day... not the day of the 5K event. I suppose Prior would be attempting to impeach the principal's testimony but I can't see it gaining much ground.

Also, I suppose Prior is going to keep attempting to hammer any possible thing within MG & DW's testimonies.

'Guess Prior has to keep trying no matter how futile.

jmo

When some people say that the cult's inner circle must have known all along about the murders taking place, I remember Lori's words to MG on the secret recording, when the latter asked why she can't tell people about JJ's whereabouts: "If they don't know anything, they don't have to say they know." At least in this instance, the perps used the need-to-know principle to minimize the risk of getting caught. To me this also says they didn't fully trust MG and DW. I wonder if it was the same or different with ZP, MBP and AB. ZP said herself that she knew that Tylee would be "dealth with" when time came. She also overheard Lori's frustration when Alex failed to shoot Tammy, so she must have known what it was about. MBP very likely knew about the attempt on BB. It's unclear what AB was told and when. I'd look for the testimony about Lori and/or Chad lying to them, trying to cover up what happened. So far I haven't seen much of that. If the cult members were made aware the murders would take place, there would be no need to lie. If they weren't aware, they could be told the truth afterwards, but not necessarily.
O.K. Forgive my ignorance, but who is "AB"?

I agree that this is a possibility. After all, Loris is the only person still living. I also believe that Lori killed Tylee and JJ, though Alex assisted.

We know relatively little about AC -- IIRC in one of her interviews his (Mormon Stories podcast?) cousin noted that he was a "truth teller" in the family, and would out small secrets in order to get reaction / laugh, even in a church setting.

Given his work and life histories, he's the hardest for me to square with being a true believer, especially once CD was running the show. Maybe his reasons were different from theirs.

In terms of Tammy and kids buying into the dark/ light beliefs -- do we know which version they bought into? Hard to imagine TD wanting to believe that children, her own or others, were irredeemably "dark" and required extermination. Just seems wildly out of character from all we have seen and heard of her.

I can imagine her wanting desperately for CD to succeed at something, ANYTHING, for once in his grifter life, and wanting to believe for his sake in this newfound calling. But I really can't see her going through these lists with him and his followers and signing off on the deaths of anyone -- including herself.

I agree that this is a possibility. After all, Loris is the only person still living. I also believe that Lori killed Tylee and JJ, though Alex assisted.
I'm with you on this, @Nikynoo. I believe Lori killed JJ and Tylee, and Alex assisted. I believe that it is possible that Lori possibly drugged them both. Perhaps using JJ's medication, one of which I think was risperidone. [Someone correct me here, if I am wrong about the medication -- if we even know.]

What was it with JP suggesting that the realtor and DW met again on Monday (September 23) at a particular restaurant? MG and DW supposedly left town by then. Did JP get bad info from Chad or did he just pull out the restaurant name from thin air? He also suggested earlier that MG and DW drove by Chad's house on the morning they left (the same morning JJ was buried in the back yard). Where's the basis for that if MG's and DW's phones weren't searched?

It seems obvious that Chad pre-dug JJ's grave. I wonder when he did that. After Tammy and Garth left for work? Imagine the sight of MG and DW driving by and seeing Chad digging.

Thank you, Judge Boyce, for making it clear that the response was factual!

It occurred to me that part of the beauty of that rogue moment was it provided an outlet of frustration over Prior's obvious attempts to get "better" answers and run with it.

Prior was probably hoping the client would make a generous estimate- let's say the client remembered, 'I think it was nearly 4 acres.' (It isn't.)

Then Prior would continue, 'so this pasture, that's like 4, 5, maybe 6 acres, has a lot of room for a second home. Is that fair?'

That, "you own it" comment stopped that sleazy type of testimonial questioning.

MOO

Yes! Ron the Realtor, as a witness was such a gift. He delivered some well deserved Karma to J Prior. As the Jury can’t unhear things. (Prior has been riding that horse for days)
Love it!

JMO

O.K. Forgive my ignorance, but who is "AB"?
Audrey B, Chad's younger follower who lived in Missouri. Allegedly she spoke with Chad weekly. Chad asked her to be Lori's friend. AB was a witness at Lori's trial. According to her, upon her visit to Rexburg, Lori threatened to kill her (for no particular reason). It sounded like a Jekyll and Hyde moment.

I know that any defense attorney has a job to do, they need to defend their client and try to get the free. However, JP is sleezy and purposely cruel. I cannot stand the man! I have seen defense attorneys try to disparage a victim - trying to say they cheated, or they did drugs, or any number of reasons to highlight the “bad” parts of a personality. But this attack on Tammy is unforgivable; as was him basically saying JJ was out of control. I am glad JJ scratched CD!! Poor JJ was moved multiple times, had Charles taken from him, had his medication taken from him, his sister was taken from him. Of course he would be extra emotional!!! IF dumpy CD wanted to claim she died of “natural” causes, he would still “love” her and wouldn’t want his attorney to say something so untrue about her. CD and JP are both overweight. They have no business pointing any fingers at a victim of CD’s lust for s3x and money.

Tammy was a beautiful fit woman who was married to a man that changed during their marriage. He became something she didn’t recognize; yet she had no idea how twisted he had really become. She COULDN’T have realized the lengths he would go to satisfy his “wants”. I was related to Tammy by marriage. She was so pure compared to this mon$t3r! Uuggghhh!

Sunday? But when did he test Tammy about the "racoon"? Wasn't that on Monday?

It doesn't make sense that JJ was buried on Sunday. I can hardly imagine AC dragging his body over the yard to the site, on Sunday afternoon, when folks are out walking, checking out their yards. AC would have definitely been noticed tooling around CD's backyard on Sunday afternoon.

As for JP owning CD's house, I believe that he owns it completely. And rents it to CD's family. Probably rental income for life, and probably not much. I can't imagine normal people wanting to live there.

JP actually made out quite well, property values in Idaho increased during and after the pandemic. I read that somewhere, but can't find the source.
I think JJ had to be buried on Monday. But what about CD checking the wind direction, the fire, and burning of the limbs. Weren't those actions associated with Tylee's death? Tammy would have been at work when she received his text. After the racoon dealings, CD texted that he would be going to BYU-Idaho "to write". Didn't he actually go to the University, met LV there, and they walked around the track? [Or, am I terribly confused?]

Last edited:
I think JJ had to be buried on Monday. But what about CD checking the wind direction, the fire, and burning of the limbs. Weren't those actions associated with Tylee's death? Tammy would have been at work when she received his text. After the racoon dealings, CD texted that he would be going to the BYU-Idaho "to write". Didn't he actually go to the University, met LV there, and they walked around the track? [Or, am I terribly confused?]
Both children were buried on Mondays, two weeks apart, when Chad's family was at work. MG went to BYU track with Chad and Lori some time between Thursday and Saturday when JJ was still alive, but Tylee was not.

I hadn’t considered this before. Is it possible that he did try to shoot at the car and missed?
I thought of that too but then I’m back to where would he hide to have a shot at her pulling in the front drive so I don’t think so. I wish I knew whether it was typical for TD to park in the front drive or the back. If she typically parked in the front year then my theory wouldn’t make much sense but if she typically parked in the back yard then what changed her mind that night?

I agree. According to Kaaiakamanu' testimony, on the night Tammy dies, Alex' phone is at the Church from 10:07 to 10:45. It is then shut off until 11:53 pm, whereupon it pings 7 miles south of the Church. This gives Alex just over an hour to travel the 2.6 miles to the Daybell residence and help Chad murder Tammy, move her body as needed to stage the scene of a 'peaceful' passing in her sleep, and then leave the area before Garth gets home.

Make no mistake, Alex didn't do this alone. Neither did Chad. The bruising on Tammy's body strongly indicates she was held by her arms and/or across her chest. This while simultaneously being smothered or suffocated (pink foam). I believe they both worked together to commit this crime. At the very least Chad would have had to let Alex into their home. But I believe he actively participated in the murder itself, along with staging the scene afterwards.
Thanks, Onsdag. I had not realized there was over an hour when AC’s phone didn’t ping at all and then pinged again near the church. I had been thinking CD killed TD alone but your comments are now causing me to rethink that view.

See this is another reason I love WS.

<snip>

It seems obvious that Chad pre-dug JJ's grave. I wonder when he did that. After Tammy and Garth left for work? Imagine the sight of MG and DW driving by and seeing Chad digging.
Chad's true talent was as a gravedigger. Hw worked over 20 years in the field and never lost his "gravedigger's touch" (like a Midas touch, but earthier).

I'm with you on this, @Nikynoo. I believe Lori killed JJ and Tylee, and Alex assisted. I believe that it is possible that Lori possibly drugged them both. Perhaps using JJ's medication, one of which I think was risperidone. [Someone correct me here, if I am wrong about the medication -- if we even know.]
I doubt very much Lori actually killed the children. She manipulated men into doing her killing for her, IMO.

I thought the time frame AxC was at the church was the Night Tammy was shot at in her driveway, Not the night she was murdered.

Maybe I am getting my dates mixed up.

At the 1:36:20 mark Blake asks Kaaiakamanu, "so with the geo-fence it's (Alex' device) located there (at the church) until 10:45 pm of October 18th (the night Tammy is murdered), correct?" Kaaiakamanu replies "Correct."

At the 1:36:20 mark Blake asks Kaaiakamanu, "so with the geo-fence it's (Alex' device) located there (at the church) until 10:45 pm of October 18th (the night Tammy is murdered), correct?" Kaaiakamanu replies "Correct."
Thank you-- Per the EIN report for that day of trial, I think they goofed that up then in the timeline

9:51 a.m. Cox was near the church for around 40 minutes, from around 10:05 to around 10:45 p.m. The attempted shooting occurred around 9:45 p.m., you’ll remember.

9:50 a.m.
Three other devices passed through both of those locations the same day. Kaaiakamanu spoke with two of the owners, was unable to get ahold of the third — both lived in that area.

9:49 a.m. Geofence data gathered by Kaaiakamanu showed Cox around the Daybell home and a Latter-day Saint church near the house (within 150 meters on both) the day of the attempted shooting.

9:44 a.m.
Officers did not collect a paintball gun from Cox’s apartment. There were no other reports of a masked man pointing a paintball gun at anyone around that time.

9:43 a.m. Kaaiakamanu discussed with other officers/detectives regarding Cox’s device locations. He says one of Cox’s devices was found near the Daybell residence the afternoon of the “attempted shooting” — as Blake calls it.

that is what confuse me LOL LIVE UPDATES | On Day 11 of the Chad Daybell trial, Fremont detective says Chad discussed with Tammy, their children light-dark scales - East Idaho News

Last edited:
What was it with JP suggesting that the realtor and DW met again on Monday (September 23) at a particular restaurant? MG and DW supposedly left town by then. Did JP get bad info from Chad or did he just pull out the restaurant name from thin air? He also suggested earlier that MG and DW drove by Chad's house on the morning they left (the same morning JJ was buried in the back yard). Where's the basis for that if MG's and DW's phones weren't searched?

My interpretation:

Prior was trying to plant the idea that David Warwick had intended to meet with our Realtor Buddy Ron on Monday morning, but that when the time came, David Warwick suddenly was in a big hurry to get out of town and cancelled the plans at the last minute (obviously in some sort of panic because of SOMETHING unexpected that happened that night... which happens to be the last night JJ was seen).

Of course, our Realtor Buddy Ron testifying that there was never any plan to meet on Monday negates that narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho