Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was barefoot when she was murdered.

No panties either. Cute shorts, tight glutes, no pantygluten,

Barry botched this up bad.

Staging the bike limited the story.

Then for her to be found in lounge wear not biking gear, welp.

So we need a random rancher who happens to have BAM on hand encounter Suzanne in her comfy clothes, sedate her and murder her who is going to take the time to throw her bike in a ravine for no reason at all. Barry boxed himself in.

All of his maneuvers to distance himself from the deed become arrows pointing right back at him.

JMO
BBM Love this!!

I think she was barefoot when she was murdered.

No panties either. Cute shorts, tight glutes, no pantygluten,

Barry botched this up bad.

Staging the bike limited the story.

Then for her to be found in lounge wear not biking gear, welp.

So we need a random rancher who happens to have BAM on hand encounter Suzanne in her comfy clothes, sedate her and murder her who is going to take the time to throw her bike in a ravine for no reason at all. Barry boxed himself in.

All of his maneuvers to distance himself from the deed become arrows pointing right back at him.

JMO
That's what happens eventually to all lying liars who lie, and BM doesn't have the intellectual capability to even begin to keep it all straight in his small, simple, single focused mind. He was truly SHOCKED and felt betrayed that Grusing and him weren't 'real friends man'. :eek:

MOO

I can visualize him that night/day - I'll take care of her at home, dump her bike & helmet in this direction and then I'll bury her in this direction and then I'll drive 3 hours away, I'll get rid of all of the evidence along the way and no one will ever figure it out! BAM - what a great plan

And the same chemicals that Barry was known to possess and use! IIRC, he got them from his "deer park mentor" back in Indiana. Or at least, he told the FBI/LE such a story.

The last piece of the puzzle clicked into place when a forensic lab found evidence of each of those anesthetics in Suzanne's body. I was so hopeful that they would (toxins can often be found in the marrow chambers of the long bones, post mortem).

She was unconscious, not dead, when he removed her from her home. That meant that there would be no death products/evidence of murder at the property. She was merely "sleeping." It seems clear that he did not shoot or stab her (autopsy would have revealed that).

Barry was the person who last saw her alive. He says she was "sleeping." He is the person with access to the tranq darts. He admitted to use of them. He is the person running frantically around the house that day and he is the person who drove to the place where the bike was deposited (or was it his cell phone that went there? Can't remember).

This occurs during a phone call between Suzanne and her long distance romantic partner. Barry has put up game cams immediately adjacent to the hot tub area.

He is also the person who failed to organize a proper memorial for her (waiting until next week!), or participate in vigils for searchers. He never makes a meaningful plea to her abductor to bring her back.

Then, of course, there's the physical evidence (of dart use, dart disposal, etc). He is caught at least once on video disposing of stuff later recovered by LE, IIRC. And even more damning are the things he said on record (after being told he had the right to remain silent).

All of this reminds me of the famous photo of Barry's style of "organizing" his truck for their move to CO. He's disorganized and that turns out to be a major part of his downfall. He's also sleep-deprived and he gets even sloppier. Disorganized and arrogant, used to getting his own way, this autopsy information is the final nail.

There's a lot more that we don't know, of course.

IMO
So happy to see you here :)

Well, he already has the highlighted tips and we know he likes to keep a stash of $$$ around, I just don't see BM willingly being arrested and headed to a trial. He's too much of a proud, little, egotistical man to endure that IMO.

His image is all he has left (yes in his twisted mind BM thinks he still looks innocent, IKR?) so for him to be arrested, put on trial and locked up for life if found guilty, I think would be a bridge to far for him.

He said during one of his last interviews/statements that he would "miss hunting and his guns most of all". Not his Daughters or Mother, not his work or the need to find Suzanne's real killer, he'd miss his ability to hunt and kill. Figures.

JMO

Great points. You always have such interesting insights. He's not the type of man who can picture himself in prison. The extreme glorification of hunting, shooting and killing is a palpable element in this case.

Interesting how he handed that one gun (the dart gun?) to LE right at the beginning of the case. So confident that he'd never be caught.

Science wins this one!

IMO.

In the AA on page 5 the officer describes taking Barry into the bedroom to find an article of clothing for the dogs to use and he noted bike gloves and padded shorts in a pile on the floor. In the photos of her from her Instagram she is not in a sweatshirt either. I do wonder if you are right and this outfit she had on was more just comfy clothing she would wear around the
Blood circulates through the bone marrow. It is supplied through nutrient arteries in the marrow cavity and returned by periosteal veins. In fact the bone marrow makes critical components of the blood needed for survival. Often introsseous needles are inserted into the bone to infuse sick people who cannot otherwise get infusions through a regular intravenous line. These infusions through the bone support the circulatory system. Any substance ingested, infused, injected into the body's tissues or circulatory system can find its way into the marrow. Kudos to the forensic experts that could find this. Luckily they had bone marrow to work with. Not sure where the spine comes into the picture.
And you’re a genius gamma girl!!! I’ll take your word for it hehe

The defense had two things going for them. The first, the lack of a body, which allowed them to claim that Suzanne took off and staged a Hollywood like disappearance, or was abducted.

The second, was that even if she was found, there would be no way to connect the murder directly to Barry.

The prosecution now has the body, and the chemicals in her system are so rare that I wouldn’t be suprised if they had never been found in a body before.

Barry had these chemicals. Barry admitted to using these chemicals. Barry admitted to throwing these chemicals away.

A sheath to these chemicals was found in his dryer.

If that’s not the definition of “game over,” then I don’t know what is.

First we get to watch the civil case collapse, along with it, Barry’s hopes of a small fortune.

Then they come for him.
I love the way you summarized it and so factually!

Suzanne's own immediate family weren't told ?
And not the closest friends of Suzanne ... who have most likely been supportive of getting justice for this lady.
Ugh .
What a 'show', indeed.
Omo.
To be honest, if Barry's organised it, it will probably be a complete mess and most likely a celebration of what Barry perceives to be his finest and shining moments as a husband.(pass me a bucket)

moo

So happy to see you here :)

I've missed you! So good to see you too!

This case is always on my mind. There's been a certain level of nagging depression in my mind, coloring my sense of how Justice works. THIS breakthrough (the chemical analysis) is what I had hoped for. I knew it would take time (reference lab reworking initial results, etc - perhaps involving several sets of experts), but I was losing hope.

I hope you are doing well.

So on the AA I found the page with the photos from her instagram and the date/times.

Page 40 of the AA, which is page 42 of the PDF file.

4/20 2:18MST
4/27 4:26MST
5/6 4:30MST

Also on page 5 of the AA or page 7 of the PDF in the foot notes it says she bikes in the afternoon. Then on the following page of the AA it mentions the daughters boyfriend stating he introduced her to biking and she bikes in the afternoon.

Yet Barry said she usually bikes between 8 and 9am.

As a longtime mountain biker, that always struck me as odd.

Low, flat light, increased biting insect activity, cooler temps and less to see as you go and a higher risk of losing paths. Makes even less sense for a relative beginner.

The best thing I/E ever did for Barry was get him to shut his mouth and slow down the froth of lies.

I was losing hope as well @10ofRods! After the Petito murder, I had to take a break. The violence against women just got to be too much for me, really got depressed. But I’ve never given up completely on #Justice4Suzanne. I truly think Suzanne’s God’s has His hand on this! Amazing that she was ever found, even more miraculous there is actual damning evidence against the perp, Barry! I think there’s even some DNA that we don’t know about yet. I have tons of faith in the 12th District! Thank you @MassGuy for finding that info! I hope to see BM do the perp walk again, IN CHAINS! MOO
EBM clarification.

Last edited:
The ring was worth money, so I’m sure the money grubber sold it somewhere btw Salida and Indiana on one of his trips! Remember, he’s too tight to pay for trash pickup, he’d never throw away that diamond ring! MOO
Maybe he barried it for later.

I wonder how many pesos a ring like that might fetch.

One wonders if that was her original engagement ring or if it was upgraded at some point. Barry is a self titled tightwad so perfect opportunity to pocket a diamond and substitute a cubic zirconia.

I would however give a long eye to any recent gifts.

JMO

Is there one article that outlines this case so I can quickly catch up?
I'm trying but I doubt I can catch up this thread is moving very quickly.
What were Barry's motives for killing his wife? Does this one cover everything?
There is a LOT... maybe reading the AA for Barry...would at least fill you in on the evidence in the case. He was controlling, abusive, she was having an affair and planning to leave him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member