OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to wish all you sleuthers a happy :turkey: day!

There's a new article in The Oklahoman, but I'm not a subscriber and am not allowed to read it. It says subscribers have "early access" so maybe it will be available to the rest of us soon. Looks like it's about the conflicts between Bobby Jr and Bobby Sr:

http://newsok.com/jamison-family-was-threatened-by-relative-before-vanishing-records-show/article/3909260

Found a virtual tour of the Jamisons' (empty) house on Lake Eufaula when it was on the market:

http://www.visualtour.com/applets/flashviewer2/viewer.asp?t=2631170&sk=30&dm=publishpath.com

Some funky light fixtures/ceiling fans going on there and I don't care for the "stonework" on the fireplaces but, overall, a nice place.

And now I must go whip up some green bean casserole and slap some frosting on my coconut cake. Will holler at y'all after my post-feast nap.

Not a subscriber either but the article should be available to all tomorrow - at least that's been the Oklahoman's pattern with the "early access' thing. It's a very hopeful sign of perhaps even more to come - I see the article is authored by Andrew Knittle, an investigative reporter at the paper who, earlier, did the piece based on an interview with Sherilyn's mother, Connie Kokotan.

What? If it's not the Jamison's how can you possibly guess the sexes and number of people whose remains were found!?

Huh? What are you talking about? When I said it could be 3 females, that is and example of the combination of what the 3 remains could be. Anyone thinking it is the Jamison's has to be guessing the remains are of 1 combination-I'm not the one guessing here-I believe they are alive and well and I said that in my post.

Just reading past threads (drawn there by OkieGranny's links at #785 above).

Here's how at least a part of this topic's posters thought at the time regarding what had happened to the Jamisons:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3

I have had a few years to develop my theory and I've never been scared of being wrong so I would like to put my vote down for them being in a WPP!
I'm just glad to see it on the list!

I'm with SchoolGirlShamus on this one:

"Obviously, the discovery of the bodies in the woods, a few miles (but not many miles) away from their vehicle, combined with the overnight rain and significant temperature drop, my guesses have shifted to:

• 80% exposure
• 15% murder
• 5% murder/suicide. "

Huh? What are you talking about? When I said it could be 3 females, that is and example of the combination of what the 3 remains could be. Anyone thinking it is the Jamison's has to be guessing the remains are of 1 combination-I'm not the one guessing here-I believe they are alive and well and I said that in my post.

Mitch1, are you from the Wilburton area?

If no evidence at the scene aided in identification does that imply that no clothes were found in the area? We know what Madison was wearing that day based on the photo taken. Plus we saw her parents in the video. Where are their clothes? I understand that finding the clothes wouldn't be definitive proof but it certainly would "aid" in identification.

Sorry, quoting myself, but I see that the article linked by wfgodot above potentially answers my previous question about the clothes.

The report shows that a man “scouting for deer” found three human skulls. A further search of the area where the remains were found also turned up shoes, “bits of clothing and other bones and bone fragments.”

http://newsok.com/jamison-family-was-threatened-by-relative-before-vanishing-records-show/article/3909260

So, were they the Jamisons' shoes or bits of clothing??

OT: wishing all of my American WS friends a truly warm and happy Thanksgiving!

The last known person to see the Jamisons alive on Oct. 9, 2009, was questioned, as well. The man, who lived in the mountainous area where the couple were looking for land, offered little help to investigators.

At the time of the disappearance, the man lived about a quarter-mile from where the Jamisons' pickup was found.
Again a re-stating of the Oct. 9 date. Also, I'm not sure I'd known before that this person lived that close. And was unhelpful aside from saying he'd seen them. I've probably just forgotten though. Also, GPS coords are mentioned in the article but alas, not given,

My vote:

• 100% murder
• 0% exposure
• 0% murder/suicide
• 0% WPP (sorry, Mitch!)

Just look at where the truck was parked. They were no longer on the flat part of the well site. The truck was on the road heading away from it. The Jamisons were leaving the area when they disappeared.

Who did it? And why? That's all I'm trying to figure out at this point.

My current theory: Bobby was a little too chatty about the cash they had on hand when talking to people either on the phone or face to face out on the mountain, and the wrong person(s) heard about it. Who then confronted the family, probably at gunpoint, as they began to drive down the road away from the property, catching a payday (the briefcase) but missing a bigger payday (the bank bag under the seat).

See this post by mtrooper:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4783077&postcount=434

I also have statements from the neighbor of the property (who described all 3 Jamison's to a T) the Jamisons were looking at, they spoke on the 7th and 8th, and he gives MANY details (they spoke for like 2 hours), including the shipping containers, and how Bobby told him about the settlement and his disability, etc.

Okay, so I just read the new article. It says there was an incident report released Wednesday with GPS coordinates of the remains. Can we get a copy of that report?

My vote:

• 100% murder
• 0% exposure
• 0% murder/suicide
• 0% WPP (sorry, Mitch!)

Just look at where the truck was parked. They were no longer on the flat part of the well site. The truck was on the road heading away from it. The Jamisons were leaving the area when they disappeared.

My current theory: Bobby was a little too chatty about the cash they had on hand when talking to people either on the phone or face to face out on the mountain, and the wrong person(s) heard about it. Who then confronted the family, probably at gunpoint, as they began to drive down the road away from the property, catching a payday (the briefcase) but missing a bigger payday (the bank bag under the seat).

Okay, so I just read the new article. It says there was an incident report released Wednesday with GPS coordinates of the remains. Can we get a copy of that report?

OkieGranny, and what is your theory why and how this assumed murderer took them almost 3 miles away to kill them or dump the bodies?

OkieGranny, and what is your theory why and how this assumed murderer took them almost 3 miles away to kill them or dump the bodies?

Someone heard, directly or indirectly, that this couple might be carrying a lot of cash and would be on the mountain that day. He pulled up in front of their truck and stopped them as they were leaving the mountain. There wasn't room for two vehicles to pass on that road. Hopped out to "talk", then pulled a gun and forced everyone out of the truck, demanding the money. If someone had a gun pointed at Bobby or Madyson, Sherilyn, who may or may not have known about the bank bag under the seat, would have handed over the briefcase thinking that would be the end of it. Instead, he forced them into his own vehicle, making Bobby or Sherilyn drive while he held a gun on the others and directing him/her to an even more remote area where he shot them or otherwise did away with them.

I'm thinking only one person did this, because at least two people would have been needed to hide the Jamisons' truck, but that didn't happen.

But, you know, my theory changes from day to day, so stay tuned, lol.

Again a re-stating of the Oct. 9 date. Also, I'm not sure I'd known before that this person lived that close. And was unhelpful aside from saying he'd seen them. I've probably just forgotten though. Also, GPS coords are mentioned in the article but alas, not given,

Wfg, I remember him living close by. I was always led to believe he was VERY helpful.

Way back in the threads, mtrooper stated the guy on the mountain made "bath salts." But, they were the kind you use when taking a bath! Supposedly, he ships it back to his mom in California.

Mtrooper, correct me if I'm wrong, please!

My vote:

• 100% murder
• 0% exposure
• 0% murder/suicide
• 0% WPP (sorry, Mitch!)

Granny, you'll probably have to use the "FOI" (Freedom of Information) to get the report.

Good luck!

My vote:

• 53% murder
• 30% exposure
• 15% murder/suicide
• 1% took off due to paranoia/fear on their own (new category)
• 1% WPP (sorry, Mitch!)

(I can't put zero for any theory...as we don't know for certain what happened.)

Originally I believed it was murder (90%). Now I'm not as sure. In any case I can only ascribe 2% to the chance that they are still alive, based on finding three bodies reasonably close (2 adults; 1 child). The 2% allows for fibs by LE and the extremely remote chance that there 'happened' to be 2 other adults and one child killed/dumped in the same area.

I'm going

• 70% murder by local(s)
• 20% murder by other(s)
• 10% got lost / died of exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics