AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Donald (or Donald) had confessed then he would have already been arrested and charged with the crimes he confessed to committing. They would not have let him go. (At least I would hope not!)

Was it Zeaux who first told us that he supposedly had not passed a polygraph and was expecting to be arrested when he went in for the appointment he had with LE. Instead...he missed the appointment and went to the hospital with a bullet in his head.

Good point. I was thinking family services is a little less gungho since they knew about Donald's crimes but he was still free. Mendy was aware of charges pending on her for 4-5 months prior. I imagined some scenario that this is when a suspect confessed but you're probably right. If it was Donald at this time, they would have locked him up immediately.

I personally don't believe Donnie killed Brittney or if he did he was definitely not alone. It would be so easy for these scums to get LE off their back for Brittney's disappearance if Donnie murdered Brittney by himself. He is dead. What reason could there be for these people to cover up a murder Donnie committed alone? These scums could attempt to use Donnie as the fall guy, but too much evidence can be used to prove a persons statement is false. DNA, cellphone triangulation, etc. In my opinion, if Donnie was involved in Brittney's murder, he was not alone because ALL the jail birds would be chirping.

I agree. The facts as we're reminded by our favorite contrarian, would have worked to limit all fingerpointing to only Donald & Brittney if DH's "suicide" had been more immediate after Brittney vanished. Did the manipulators behind the scene really wait 40 hours to get his disability income? And let me throw in a question on that here, are they still available by paper check (meaning the mail would have to run and it likely wouldn't have arrived but would have been earned (recepient still alive on 6/1)) or are they all electronically transferred as my check cashing in the bank lobby early 6/1 theory requires?

This excerpt from the article jumped out at me:

Either way, this is just shoddy writing, as she can't have been last seen twice. But which is accurate?

It's entirely possible I'm misremembering facts, but I thought that the last time she was allegedly seen was at her home by CW and that the last phone ping was in the Tillman's Corner area. Was she actually seen in the car with DH and, if so, by who? I apologize if I'm just confused/misremembering something, but this struck me as new information, if it is accurate.

CW v1.0
CW v1.1
We are on CW 2.0 I believe.

Discussing the grandmother gets us in trouble. She is family, unnamed, and not a suspect, and therefore, a victim.
Besides, how would we handle another BW initials? Overload now.
I'll ask Bessie to post what we can discuss with GM? would that work for or is gma the generally accepted abbreviation?
more for me. joins team brittney with the ducttaped fingers. how much longer must we wait. sheesh. I flagged my post.

Yes, talking about gma always gets us in trouble. :silenced:

Remember, until recently, none of us knew about the letters. We still don't know the full extent of info in these letters.

Brittney supposedly wrote a letter and gave it to someone in the event something happened to her. If true, this means Brittney was worried about being questioned, and maybe worried for her life, before events started happening. It explains why she'd be a golden nugget.

We also learned that some people in the family/sex ring got word that Brittney had info that, if shared, would drag more of them into legal trouble. It seems some people wanted to stop her from talking. The discovery of these letters may have changed the entire investigation, IMO.

What it means to me is that some people may have been out to silence Brittney.

We've come a long way from the simple story that Donnie's "suicide" had nothing to do with Brittney disappearing.

But did they find out about this letter before or after she went missing?

Discussing the grandmother gets us in trouble. She is family, unnamed, and not a suspect, and therefore, a victim.
Besides, how would we handle another BW initials? Overload now.
I'll ask Bessie to post what we can discuss with GM? would that work for or is gma the generally accepted abbreviation?
more for me. joins team brittney with the ducttaped fingers. how much longer must we wait. sheesh. I flagged my post.

:tantrum::tantrum:

We have been spared the twins pics again. Don't gloss over the evil twins, IMO.
I bet that bothers Wendy who seems to love herself in photos.
Well, at least, they got the most pitiful, almost award-winning drama queen pic of Chessie plastered there.

The way the articles are written seem to be missing the point that perhaps Donnie didn't kill Brittney or even himself for that matter. Don't gloss over those twins now.
The mystery isn't that there was a sex ring. The mystery is what happened to Brittney.

All this is my own opinions and hope I've kept my snark under control.

Am I imagining it, or were we originally led to believe that Donald Holland PHONED Dustin Kent in the car and 'instructed' him to rape the child? The new reports say DH was in the car with them.

They are quite old missing posters that both publications have used. I wonder if they were ever sent the newer ones? I'm not complaining though - it's brilliant that Brittney's case is getting more coverage.

Andrew Perez is still my nomination for a journalism award though.

We have been spared the twins pics again. Don't gloss over the evil twins, IMO.
I bet that bothers Wendy who seems to love herself in photos.
Well, at least, they got the most pitiful, almost award-winning drama queen pic of Chessie plastered there.

The way the articles are written seem to be missing the point that perhaps Donnie didn't kill Brittney or even himself for that matter. Don't gloss over those twins now.
The mystery isn't that there was a sex ring. The mystery is what happened to Brittney.

All this is my own opinions and hope I've kept my snark under control.

Of course, the missing twins. So both papers definitely only have old pics and posters on file, from early on. I'm sure the Mail would have run a pic of the terrible twins if they'd had one.

Am I imagining it, or were we originally led to believe that Donald Holland PHONED Dustin Kent in the car and 'instructed' him to rape the child? The new reports say DH was in the car with them.

They are quite old missing posters that both publications have used. I wonder if they were ever sent the newer ones? I'm not complaining though - it's brilliant that Brittney's case is getting more coverage.

Andrew Perez is still my nomination for a journalism award though.

I was remembering the allegation being that DH was in the car, instructing DK to commit the crime.

Ditto your remark about Andrew Perez.

just an observation :facepalm: I have found 3 different facebook pages for sw,
and they all look weird to me.
A lot of far out of country people,those same people crossing over into other players fb.

My opinion is that this ring goes far beyond GA, AL etc. It goes over the oceans :banghead::banghead::banghead:
oh and this one just adores taking selfies,must be in the blood .

But did they find out about this letter before or after she went missing?

It's hard to say I even understood the circumstances of how these letters were tracked down. Finding out about them was a shock to me.

I think it took LE some time, months, to find out about the letter Brittney supposedly wrote and left with someone. I suspect there were some people in the family who were worried that Britt might reveal too much. They might have done something to her. It's possible even they didn't know about an actual letter Britt left with someone until later.

All I know for sure is the subject of these letters is of great interest to me.

:please: Come on Andrew, just tell us a little bit more.

I am looking for updates and not finding anything, but I did run across this article that Brittney is mentioned. A local non-profit organization that provides counseling and court preparation services for abused children and their families is holding their annual fundraiser.

Approximately 1,500 cases are handled by officials based in Mobile's Child Advocacy Center, said CAC Executive Director Pat Guyton.
A majority of those cases involve allegations of sexual abuse, although CAC gets involved when there are serious claims of physical abuse as well, Guyton said. The Center has been heavily involved in multiple headline making cases, including the ongoing sex abuse investigation into the family of missing Mobile mother Brittney Wood.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/12/15th_annual_fundraiser_to_rais.html

I am thankful for organizations like this and the people that donate to it.

It's hard to say I even understood the circumstances of how these letters were tracked down. Finding out about them was a shock to me.

I think it took LE some time, months, to find out about the letter Brittney supposedly wrote and left with someone. I suspect there were some people in the family who were worried that Britt might reveal too much. They might have done something to her. It's possible even they didn't know about an actual letter Britt left with someone until later.

All I know for sure is the subject of these letters is of great interest to me.

:please: Come on Andrew, just tell us a little bit more.

I've watched both videos of the 2 letters too many times and it certainly sounds like Andrew Perez got a hold of them initially by the words Andrew chose and at the close, saying "Now" they are part of the investigation, like they weren't before when he first found them. So I think Andrew has an insider that provided them to him. Thoughts?

Letter #1: http://youtu.be/hyE-dsx42WA
Wendy's reply: http://youtu.be/hgJ_nn1i3gk

I was remembering the allegation being that DH was in the car, instructing DK to commit the crime.

Ditto your remark about Andrew Perez.

Graphic details ahead:

(Sgt. Scott) "Congleton recounted the victim’s harrowing account of the 2008 incident. She told investigators that it occurred in September or October of that year, the detective said.

He testified that the girl’s father, Donnie Holland, picked up his daughter and told her they would go to a pet store to buy a hamster. Instead, Congleton said, Holland drove to Kent’s workplace. The three of them then went to Shipyard Road near Rangeline Road off Interstate 10.

They went to an industrial park that never was developed and, Congleton testified, Holland turned onto a dark trail at dusk. During the ride, he testified, the girl had a headache, and Kent was rubbing her head. He started to kiss the girl, but she pulled away, the detective testified.

After the Chevrolet Tahoe came to a stop, Kent took the girl’s clothes off, performed oral sex on her and then raped her, Congleton testified. He said that Holland watched the entire time.

“She kept telling him to stop. He did not,” he testified."

Snipped from article
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/testimony_mobile_man_raped_dau.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Thanks for posting the above article, gliving. It is graphic, and breaks my heart. Some things that stand out now in the article that I may have forgotten. BBM

Testimony: Mobile man raped niece while her father watched
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/testimony_mobile_man_raped_dau.html#incart_m-rpt-2

"Congelton testified that the victim, now 17, did not come forward until the death of her father this summer and a subsequent high-profile search for Wood."

and

"Kent also faces sodomy and sexual abuse charges in Baldwin County. Authorities there allege that he molested multiple victims, including the niece from the Mobile County case. Another uncle, Randall Wood, also faces charges in both jurisdictions."

and

"During cross-examination, Congleton testified that the victim confided in the sister of the defendant’s wife* but no one else. Beck asked about other accusations that the girl made against other family members, but Hardesty ruled that such questions were improper under Alabama’s rape shield law."

Help, I'm getting confused again! Wasn't there another victim that came forward before Donnie's death and Brittney's disappearance? There was an ongoing investigation already, so there must have been another victim that came forth before this one.

Help, I'm getting confused again! Wasn't there another victim that came forward before Donnie's death and Brittney's disappearance? There was an ongoing investigation already, so there must have been another victim that came forth before this one.

Multiple victims Curious Me. One of Donnie's children had already been removed from the home.

"Kent was finally charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy in connection with the alleged attack on his niece after Holland killed himself with a bullet to the head – and his daughter told her tale of being violated in front of her father’s eyes to police, the Mobile Register newspaper reported.
Kent is currently free on bail and has been forbidden from having any contact with his accuser or the children of any other relatives. He is also charged preying on other children in another Alabama county. Authorities say he molested multiple victims."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...cer-testifies-article-1.1190681#ixzz2mjGGYwKm

Multiple victims Curious Me. One of Donnie's children had already been removed from the home.

"Kent was finally charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy in connection with the alleged attack on his niece after Holland killed himself with a bullet to the head – and his daughter told her tale of being violated in front of her father’s eyes to police, the Mobile Register newspaper reported.
Kent is currently free on bail and has been forbidden from having any contact with his accuser or the children of any other relatives. He is also charged preying on other children in another Alabama county. Authorities say he molested multiple victims."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...cer-testifies-article-1.1190681#ixzz2mjGGYwKm

gliving :gthanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member