Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This probably has to do with what has already been posted but channel eight just reported about bones found that might be Drexel's. :sigh:

I guess I'd be happy if the bones were hers. It means that there could be a resolution to this case and her poor family wouldn't spend the rest of their lives wondering what happened, KWIM? Obviously everyone would prefer her alive and well but it just isn't likely IMO. :(

Hi all!

I am really trying to get caught up on this case, I have never heard of it before and it was referenced several times in the Heather Elvis threads.

Is there by chance a timeline I can read? Or media links? TIA

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

Is the location the bones found this weekend, Tidewater Rd, near anything that came up in the search for Brittanee? The location of her last phone ping?
I wonder if this area is one that is not often traveled by people, what it was like 5 years ago or 10 years ago.

Remains found at Tidewater Drive. There is a Tidewater Drive in North Myrtle Beach. All activity for Brittamee Drexel that I remember was around the southern end of Myrtle Beach in the opposite direction south toward Charleston.

Remains found at Tidewater Drive. There is a Tidewater Drive in North Myrtle Beach. All activity for Brittamee Drexel that I remember was around the southern end of Myrtle Beach in the opposite direction south toward Charleston.

I always wonder if the cell phone and Britt were in the same location.

You can Google Earth "Tidewater Rd, MB" and it should come up.... It's a small road off Waccamaw Blvd/Hwy 501....GE pic shows marshy area.... It's not a great distance from where she was on OB, maybe 5-6 miles, give or take.... I still think she was taken to G'town and body returned to MB area next day or evening - always suspected that, especially after getting familiar w/RM.

I'm famous for my map links working for no one but myself but here goes -- https://www.google.com/maps/views/explore?gl=us&vm=1&ll=33.725903,-78.932734&z=17

If you get that To come up you should see 501/Waccamaw Blvd and intersection of Phil Gray Rd/Tidewater Rd. if you click satellite in bottom left you have better idea of terrain -- not a lot back there.

Just checked - its 6.2 mi from hotel on Ocean Blvd, for someone who asked.

Thought this was interesting - did a search for businesses on Tidewater Rd, clearly on map you can see it is not residential and sparse..... There's a waste disposal company back there, probably pretty stinky area in general... Oh and guess what else is back there? Metal recycling company and construction supply company...No need for a welder/cabinet builder to ever be familiar with those locations, you think?

tidewater rd myrtle beach sc - Google Search

If they have phone records and he pinged that area days following BD disappearance, it's over.

Copying from Heather Elvis' thread

Carolyn Callahan ‏@carolyncallahan 3m

Police tell @BrettBuffington the remains have been there for at least 5 years. #sctweets

We continue to follow the news out of Horry County that human remains have been found. We will keep you updated. #sctweets

Brett Buffington ‏@BrettBuffington 1m

Police now say somewhere between the 4-5 year range.. Can't tell if remains male or female.. A DNA will have to confirm the identity..

That officer told me, so far investigators have yet to find any signs of trauma.. We are following this story closely

Talked with an officer with Horry Police who confirmed the remains found today were human. Exposed to elements for " at least 5 years"

Carolyn Callahan ‏@carolyncallahan 1h
Horry County Police say the bones that have been found, have been in the area for years. #sctweets

Carolyn Callahan ‏@carolyncallahan 1h
Horry County Police say skeletal remains have been found scattered in a wooded area. Officers cannot confirm remains are human #sctweets

Copying from Heather Elvis' thread

I'm glad CUE was leading this search; since they will search for any of Brittanee's personal items purse, flip flops, cell phone... I wonder if a shallow grave was unearthed.

Also I heard some construction took place in this area...wonder if RM was doing any jobs in that area.

Also this area might not be as far fetched for the other kids to have know. Not like the Francis Marion area.

Rochestergirl, this area right off 501, you'd have to be local to know this was sparse area to dispose a body. It's very 'industrial', a lot of interior design, camping supply businesses - those recycling centers are usually tucked away because they're junky... But this used to be main route in and out of MB until last 10 years or so with boom in building/roadways. Waccamaw Blvd used to circle around Waccamaw Pottery, huge shopping center. Not much to it now. I think one of the major shows run near, maybe Medieval Times and now defunct Hard Rock Park nearby. Even with hotels there you see on map, those aren't your family fun in the sun places to stay in MB.... Seedy, several adult clubs in this area.

I thought about Cue too, if (big IF, I'd bet all clothing items elsewhere) Cue finds clothing similar, Monica Caison has direct line to Dawn D.

Thought this was interesting - did a search for businesses on Tidewater Rd, clearly on map you can see it is not residential and sparse..... There's a waste disposal company back there, probably pretty stinky area in general... Oh and guess what else is back there? Metal recycling company and construction supply company...No need for a welder/cabinet builder to ever be familiar with those locations, you think?

tidewater rd myrtle beach sc - Google Search

If they have phone records and he pinged that area days following BD disappearance, it's over.

Ok if anyone remembers the psychic thread that used to be on here mentioned Brittanee being near steel. Just made me think about this metal recycling company.

I can only imagine how BDs mother feels right now :( poor woman.

I also hope Brits friends are quaking in their boots if they're truly as guilty as they seem, JMO

Rochestergirl, this area right off 501, you'd have to be local to know this was sparse area to dispose a body. It's very 'industrial', a lot of interior design, camping supply businesses - those recycling centers are usually tucked away because they're junky... But this used to be main route in and out of MB until last 10 years or so with boom in building/roadways. Waccamaw Blvd used to circle around Waccamaw Pottery, huge shopping center. Not much to it now. I think one of the major shows run near, maybe Medieval Times and now defunct Hard Rock Park nearby. Even with hotels there you see on map, those aren't your family fun in the sun places to stay in MB.... Seedy, several adult clubs in this area.

I thought about Cue too, if (big IF, I'd bet all clothing items elsewhere) Cue finds clothing similar, Monica Caison has direct line to Dawn D.

Thanks SeaNymph for your local expertise. Dawn I believe is living in MB unless she is currently in Rochester for holidays. What is weird I saw on FB they are in Socateese (spelling sorry not sure if correct). What if she lives right near here.

Ok if anyone remembers the psychic thread that used to be on here mentioned Brittanee being near steel. Just made me think about this metal recycling company.
I do remember that RG! And the bridge reference we all thought no joke, bridge over river in G'town but you know what? RIGHT HERE there used to be an old draw bridge that was stuck 'up' for YEARS. I haven't entered MB this direction in years but I'm going to go look at that map.... This area is just across bridge of Intracoastal Waterway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773