GUILTY PA - Holly Grim, 41, Wescosville, 22 Nov 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Acc to fb group, no new info from the last search on Sunday.

Next private search is scheduled for this Saturday at 9am, meeting at the Hometown Diner 8732 Breinigsville.

Odd place to meet for a search. Anyone coming up Rt 100 and not familiar with the area would have a heck of a time getting there without taking some back roads. Rt 100 and Rt 222 are both split in that area and I am not seeing an exit off 100 onto 222 from Google maps.

Glad to see someone so trained is helping in the searches

Due to a lack of communication between LE and the Search Group, I am going up tomorrow morning to meet with the searchers, show them how to mark up a quad map and give some search training and how to preserve and protect evidence. I am going to do what I can to help out. Any WS members in the area are welcome to join up with me. The location is in post 707.

Moderators: I will report back in and you can decide if you want to make me an insider on this case. I will also need to discuss what transpires between myself and the FB group before I post anything.

Due to a lack of communication between LE and the Search Group, I am going up tomorrow morning to meet with the searchers, show them how to mark up a quad map and give some search training and how to preserve and protect evidence. I am going to do what I can to help out. Any WS members in the area are welcome to join up with me. The location is in post 707.

Moderators: I will report back in and you can decide if you want to make me an insider on this case. I will also need to discuss what transpires between myself and the FB group before I post anything.

Thats fantastic Trackergd - your presence will be appreciated as well as your skill and experience in searching for Holly -
Invaluable for the searchers!
This is good news!

Wonderful trackergd! I just saw your posts on the group pages. I'm just so glad something is happening.

I wish you all the best!

About ready to head North to meet up with the search group. I marked up a Google earth view map with some suggested search areas and will work with them to mark up their topographic quad maps. Will try and do some search training and give some guidance. Made up a basic search equipment list etc.... Fingers crossed! :)

I will have to clear what I can post with the search group and our WS moderators. Hope to update later today if the stars align...

Bless your heart trackergd, and good luck!

Sounds like you have everything covered for a great search, and plenty to help and educate all the people involved.
Good Luck to you and your team.

Best of luck to you and the searchers today. Thank you so much for going above and beyond and stepping up to the plate to bring Holly home.

About ready to head North to meet up with the search group. I marked up a Google earth view map with some suggested search areas and will work with them to mark up their topographic quad maps. Will try and do some search training and give some guidance. Made up a basic search equipment list etc.... Fingers crossed! :)

I will have to clear what I can post with the search group and our WS moderators. Hope to update later today if the stars align...

Trackergd, your boots are made for walking, and that's just what they've done!

Thank you so much for stepping out at Christmas to help Holly and her loved ones. Thank you.

We covered a fair amount of territory today, along with an area of interest. We did not find Holly, however we choose to look at this in a positive light. No remains means an increased chance she is alive.

Reviewing the maps and a Google earth view of the area shows that the dedicated search team has done a good job of searching what I consider hot spots or areas of highest probability.

The team of friends and volunteers is updating topographic maps to show what areas have been searched. This is a dedicated and driven group. They do have the basics of Seach.

After learning more about Holly, it seems a low probability that she just walked away from a relationship, her mother and her son.

In my opinion, the individuals who took Holly seriously underestimated the determination of the Pennsylvania State Police and the dedicated group of volunteer searchers.

One or more to the team members may be joining here to get some advice on setting up a reward fund, so if anyone knows how to do this, I am sure they will appreciate the advice.

We have identified some additional areas that need searched and I am confident the team is up to the challenge. I will remain a phone call or an email away should they need advice or a review of their maps and notes.

It was a pleasure to meet the team and work with them today.

Thank you so much for the update; I've been hoping there would be one tonight before I have to sleep.

I'm sorry Holly has not been found but so glad to know everything is being done that can be.

We covered a fair amount of territory today, along with an area of interest. We did not find Holly, however we choose to look at this in a positive light. No remains means an increased chance she is alive.

Reviewing the maps and a Google earth view of the area shows that the dedicated search team has done a good job of searching what I consider hot spots or areas of highest probability.

The team of friends and volunteers is updating topographic maps to show what areas have been searched. This is a dedicated and driven group. They do have the basics of Seach.

After learning more about Holly, it seems a low probability that she just walked away from a relationship, her mother and her son.

In my opinion, the individuals who took Holly seriously underestimated the determination of the Pennsylvania State Police and the dedicated group of volunteer searchers.

One or more to the team members may be joining here to get some advice on setting up a reward fund, so if anyone knows how to do this, I am sure they will appreciate the advice.

We have identified some additional areas that need searched and I am confident the team is up to the challenge. I will remain a phone call or an email away should they need advice or a review of their maps and notes.

It was a pleasure to meet the team and work with them today.

That sounds extremely positive and very hopeful!
Adding my thanks to your efforts and to those searchers who are out there keeping the search going - and to the Police and S&R teams.
:loveyou:

Sad to see Holly is still missing! Hope she is safe, warm, and answers are found soon.

I do not think this will have a happy ending but I do hope and pray she is found and the person responsible pays for his actions!

Rewards

I know we cannot organize any donations etc on WS. I am just posting some info the family of Holly might find useful to raise money for a reward.

Sometimes, local authorities will contribute a reward.

A FB page can have a donate and paypal link set up

A bank account name and address can be shared, for people who want to donate.

Accounts can be set up on websites (I've linked some) like .

Yard sale/auctions/events can raise money.

All the advice I've seen says it really is best/vital to:
Set up a special bank account that at least two trusted people (preferably one being an 'authority figure') need to put their sigs on before money is released.

It has to be made absolutely clear to donors where money will go. If you tell them it's for a reward then it's used for a search or to support family, it's not good. Keep funds for different purposes separate, or make sure people know in advance, for example, money left over from the reward or never claimed, will go to support family.

Be very careful and consult someone with legal knowledge before you offer a reward. Never offer money you don't already have and never presume that pledges will be honored when it comes to payout time. A reward becomes a legally binding contract when it is made public and cannot just be withdrawn. You need to get it right or you could find you have to pay it out without your loved one being found.

Keep perfect accounts of all money that comes in, and where all money is spent. Without it, there can be a public backlash and donations will stop. Watch out for 'helpful' individuals who ask for money to go direct to their paypal etc, and warn donors immediately if you see one springing up.

You may see a lot of links to something called the Carole Sund Foundation that provides rewards. It has closed down and given its funds to Crimestoppers, but not updated their old blog with that info, sadly.

Here are a few links with useful examples etc. Hope it helps. If anyone knows anything I've missed out or got wrong, please say.

http://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/childismissing/ch6.html

http://www.mysearchmanual.org/Manual-49.html

http://www.**************/projects/missing-person [url]http://www..com/online-fundraising/

ETA, I see one link isn't allowed. Could be because I linked it to a specific fund. Not sure. It's just another online fundraising site like go fund me. Google brings them all up.

Forgot to say that sometimes local businesses can be persuaded to donate a percentage of a day's profits too. Or even hold a special event/offer for a missing person. I think a wonderful organ recital event might be very appropriate for Holly, and a beautiful gesture.

I find it very sad that a person can do something to another and go o
With their lives.
I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around .
It may not get u today or tomorrow but be assured it will get u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj