SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, just popping on here in regards to the conversation up thread about Heather's necklace and her use of "moon girl" (or was it "moon child"). Someone had mentioned the movie The Princess Bride as a possible connection and I did not question until I looked at the pictures on HLN, Heather's necklace is a stylized Cancer symbol(zodiac) and the Moon is Cancer's planet. So she is obviously interested in astrology/the zodiac and her birthday would be between June 22 and July 22.

I am a Cancer too and was very interested in astrology as a young woman. If anyone is interested in character traits associated with Cancer people I can probably answer your questions. It might not help with the search for Heather, but in my mind it does help give insight to the type of person she is.

Here is the link for the pictures.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found

I am a double Cancer and can relate well with other Cancerians. I live by the moon, water and the stars!

One of the first clues I looked at when Heather went missing was the moon. And sure enough, it was full that night.

So she's a Cancer sign, which relates to the moon and water, and on the night of the full moon she went out to sit by the water. Makes sense to me.

But what happened then?

Thorn, the Princess Bride is a classic! Actually, the movie (I was yapping about) was Never Ending Story where the princess was Moonchild. For a long time, it was the only movie my family owned on VHS and I would watch it on a repeated basis.

I didn't think the necklace was a symbol for the Cancer sign. Wow. Slipped my mind. Thank you very much. Great insight. Personally, I think HE was a deep thinker and a person who saw the human body as a form of art.

Your right The Never Ending Story. Doh!!!:doh: Thank you for clarifying me. We Cancers do tend to be the deep thinking sort, also the sentimental sort, hence the same two necklaces in almost every picture of HE. I have always been like that, I have my favorite jewelry and I will wear it until it breaks or I lose it.

Does anyone know why HE moved out of her parents home? Could there have been a bf they may not have approved of?

It's not at all unusual for food service people to work more than one job, so she might have had a couple of nights as hostess at HOB while working mainly at TK.

I'm wondering about 66 days the other direction -- did something happen the first weekend in September that she's looking back on? Like 66 days since a breakup?

Good points. The fact that HE was working in two or more places isn't unusual to me either. Her announcement about being hired in a server position seemed as if she was happy about that but that she'd be very busy working instead of having more time to play. The restaurant she was hired at, back in March, hasn't been mentioned anywhere that I've noticed. She commented that her first night had gone well. After that, she didn't mention that job other than she was working a lot in the following weeks.

From reading everything I can, it sounds as if HE had some changes taking place in December or the new year. I've not seen any links (may have missed them) confirming that she is/was a student or had changed jobs by December 17. I recall reading that HE was due into work (didn't say where) on Friday though so did she have both Wednesday and Thursday off? What did she do Tuesday besides pick her mail up at at her P's house? There's been little commentary about her activities from her last day or the intentions she had for Wednesday.

While reviewing one of her accounts, I noticed she often announced her work days, tweeted from work or announced her upcoming day off. Since the account info stopped at the end of November, the days leading up to her disappearance are unknown (to me).

Regarding the 66 days marker she sent out, since she didn't seem to have a steady bf (but wished for one), I hadn't thought of that. She seemed eager for someone to return but it sounded as if the person was returning prior to December or January.

Are you thinking she was proud of herself for keeping away from a certain someone for so long after caving in to their advances time after time? Possibly.
It read to me like she was anticipating something like she did about her upcoming birthday throughout the month of June.

Your reply makes me question too, is it possible she was celebrating a goal of stopping a bad habit like smoking cigs or weed or doing other types of drugs? I'd have to review her comments with that idea in mind to get a feel. Wait, there aren't too many comments at a certain point. If she quit drinking for instance, that would explain how she seemed reined in during the months of September, October and November. In other words, she was gaining more control over her emotions and working on herself having to do with her habits.

JMO-With all the shows, Myrtle Manor & The Dirty South that will be airing Jan. 16, I thnk. These shows portray a bunch of drunk, young girls running around half naked, makes me wonder if creeps see this and think lets go get our next victim. JMO.
If Myrtle Beach or Horry County and Georgetown County officials are so concerned about our "tourist image perhaps they should rethink what THEY allowed to be filmed here that is shown on Nat'l. TV.
JMO.
Personally I feel as though the citizens are losing faith in the HCPD because they won't have a press conference concerning this case. I am well aware they, HCPD, can't divulge tips, facts, etc. But they could give the Public a timeline of what, when, where to refresh some people. Give a statement, take very few questions, and if they don't want to answers those questions, just say we are not at liberty to answer due to the ongoing investigation JMO.

I had not heard about these shows you mention. I am guessing it's some reality tv from the MB area that will not be positive for the area? You think the air date is Jan 16? Is there any way this air date (or supposed air date) could be part of the "66 days" from one of HE's SM accounts? Could she have any part of those shows you mention????

I know... from left field here.. just trying to think outside the box.... (Or am I totally confused and not even understanding?) be nice, ya'all!

Yes they are reality shows. MM is filmed in MB. The Dirty south was filmed partly in Murrells Inlet. The Dirty South cast lived on the creek in MI.
I don't know enough about the "66 days" to make a comment on that.
Nothing positive about these shows. IMO

I happened to remember there is a new housing development , off Forestbrook Road ? I passed by there on Dec. 20th. The site is cleared, roads are not even paved yet . From the road you could see the holes dug for ponds..but couldn't tell if there was water in them yet. Also lots of woods at the back of the site. Didn't see a brush pile but wasn't looking for one .

Your right The Never Ending Story. Doh!!!:doh: Thank you for clarifying me. We Cancers do tend to be the deep thinking sort, also the sentimental sort, hence the same two necklaces in almost every picture of HE. I have always been like that, I have my favorite jewelry and I will wear it until it breaks or I lose it.

Thorn, you bring up such a great point about favorite jewelry. Wow again. I too, wear something until it breaks. If I remove an item for some reason, I'll get back to my place and put the piece back on my finger or neck before going out again.

MS, BD and HE all had/have a remote landing involved with some type of evidence. In Mickey's situation, her bike was discarded at the Whiskey Bay exit. Brittanee's phone pinged at Pole Yard landing (and designer sunglasses were discovered; still don't know if they were BD's), and HE's car was left at Peachtree Landing.

There are similarities in the cases, but this one to me is different in that there were no signs of a struggle in the apartment or the car. The other girls were on foot, or bicycle. If the same person took HE, he could have just taken her from her apartment. If he followed her to the landing, I think there would have been some sign of a struggle in the car. I'm still thinking this is an isolated case. She knew her abductor. Someone posted earlier that it could have been an accident and that someone is afraid to speak up because they may have been doing something illegal. (drugs) That is possible. Accident or abduction by someone she knows are the only two theories I am leaning towards right now.

Good points ..but I was thinking whether this was a premeditated attack or not and I'm leaning towards premeditated because of the length of time that has passed. I would think that the person responsible for HE's disappearance ,as I think the majority here would agree, is someone she knew. Someone very familiar with the area.I think someone who commits an act of violence spontaneously doesn't put a lot of thought into hiding the crime and a recovery happens within a week. Some including myself think more than one person is involved based on the car being parked at PTL. I have written earlier the cell towers contain the clues . Calls being made between 3-4 am in the general area probably number into the low 1000's. Slow ,tedious work deciphering the numbers but I feel certain LE will find the suspects before they find HE..

The perp could be a patron though as well. Someone she encountered through her job, was friendly with but had no personal connection too.
As usual, the exact reason for this crime isn't clear cut imo. There are three camps; close and personal, acquaintance/co-worker or community perp.
I agree the perp doesn't seem likely to be someone who was just passing through but someone who is familiar with the area. That's why a local worker seems a logical choice imo.

Have you taken a poll as you say "the majority of people would agree" as if I don't agree? I'm not being snarky but wonder if why the idea I presented is being taken as a solid belief of mine. Trying to learn here too.

Without having all the evidence, any of the possibilities are open imo.
If we knew specifics of the last call/text, if she feared someone, if she just ran out to Taco Bell (thus running into foul play), we may have a better idea.

Why would a group of people want to harm Heather?
If her specific group is hiding something, now they're digging themselves a deeper hole.

I sent this e-mail out this morning to the Horry County Public Information Department:

Hello,

I was wondering if you could tell me why there hasn't been a Press Conference or an Official Statement released from the Horry County Police Department or the Office of the Horry County Government in regards to the disappearance of Heather Elvis on 12/18/13?

My fear is that critical information is not being shared to the public which could possibly help to find this missing woman.

Also, many news sources that have published reports on this story have supplied wrong or misleading information including Nancy Grace (Headline News) as of late. Plus, it disseminates rumors and hinders the possibilities of someone coming forward that may have valuable information to provide, in my opinion.

I am not asking for exact details, confidential information or investigative clues that may hinder the case. I am simply asking for some general info and reassurance from our County's leaders, Officials and Police Department that could help find this missing woman.

Thank you very much in advance for your response and consideration in this matter.

Respectively,

I got a response quickly stating that she would forward the question to HCPD and then got this response directly from Lieutenant Kegler.

The Horry County Police Department has communicated with all local media outlets since Heather Elvis' disappearance and most recently with National media in reference to information concerning her disappearance. We will continue to do this on a daily basis, as well as when new information arises. Because it is an active ongoing investigation, there is information that cannot be released at this point. When information is developed that can be released to the public to assist us in locating Heather Elvis, it will be released at that time.

Robert Kegler | Lieutenant
Horry County Government
Horry County Police Department
2560 N. Main St. Suite 7, Conway, South Carolina 29526
Tel 843-915-8085 | Fax 843-248-1886
www.horrycounty.org

I thanked him for his reply, the HCPD search efforts and if I could share his message. He said...

Absolutely. You may also encourage anyone with information (no matter how small they feel it may be) to utilize 915-TIPS and/or crimetips@horrycounty.org

Gave me a slightly better feeling I guess. But, the search continues for HE. :(

Hey all, just popping on here in regards to the conversation up thread about Heather's necklace and her use of "moon girl" (or was it "moon child"). Someone had mentioned the movie The Princess Bride as a possible connection and I did not question until I looked at the pictures on HLN, Heather's necklace is a stylized Cancer symbol(zodiac) and the Moon is Cancer's planet. So she is obviously interested in astrology/the zodiac and her birthday would be between June 22 and July 22.

I am a Cancer too and was very interested in astrology as a young woman. If anyone is interested in character traits associated with Cancer people I can probably answer your questions. It might not help with the search for Heather, but in my mind it does help give insight to the type of person mind it does help give insight to the type of person she is.

Here is the link for the pictures.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/...each-car-found

I, too, am a Moonchild.... I know when there is a full moon I want to be outdoors under it! Maybe so for Heather as well. I would be interested to hear your take on how you (and other Cancers) think being born under this sign would influence Heather.

Just on FHE that Good Morning America will be featuring a segment tomorrow morning.

Tonight on 6 pm WMBF News in Myrtle Beach HE disappearance was featured because it is garnering National Attention

Both Terry Elvis and Lt Kegler of HCPD were interviewed

What I learned ~
From the Lt:
*Re: Cell phone ping information 'can't give info of location of last ping' and that info wasn't 'established' by Horry County PD but was 'provided to them'

*cell phone hasn't been found (which we knew)

*This is a Very Active investigation

*Every angle possible is being worked

From the reporter:

A task force of 7 different state and local agencies are working the case

Elvis said he calls HCPD 5 times a day with new leads and they follow every lead immediately

A great news report ~ finally with some details and the story may possibly be on Good Morning America in the morning

As soon as a link to this story is posted on WMBF website I will post

Aha, thanks! I missed the beginning. I was so very happy to see actual LE on the TV addressing it though.

I had not heard about these shows you mention. I am guessing it's some reality tv from the MB area that will not be positive for the area? You think the air date is Jan 16? Is there any way this air date (or supposed air date) could be part of the "66 days" from one of HE's SM accounts? Could she have any part of those shows you mention????

I know... from left field here.. just trying to think outside the box.... (Or am I totally confused and not even understanding?) be nice, ya'all!

Yes they are reality shows. MM is filmed in MB. The Dirty south was filmed partly in Murrells Inlet. The Dirty South cast lived on the creek in MI.
I don't know enough about the "66 days" to make a comment on that.
Nothing positive about these shows. IMO

"Myrtle Manor" is in the same vein as "Honey Boo Boo" and is on TLC. "The Dirty South" is actually not the name of the other show. It's name is "Party Down South" and is by the same company that did "Jersey Shore" and will be on CMT. They're gonna be on the same day and time too.

Also, despite how many locals feel about the shows and how they portray the area I feel like that wouldn't be HE's opinion. She's 20, that's pretty much the target demographic for these shows, especially if PDS is anything like JS. I could see her being excited to be on it in a sort of... notorious kind of way.

Also, I can't speak to PDS since it hasn't aired, but as far as MM goes: 1) It's mostly scripted not "reality" and they actually paid the one guy to move into the trailer park. and 2) The stuff portrayed is pretty accurate. I know people who either have had similar experiences or have had even MORE drama in their life.

Good points ..but I was thinking whether this was a premeditated attack or not and I'm leaning towards premeditated because of the length of time that has passed. I would think that the person responsible for HE's disappearance ,as I think the majority here would agree, is someone she knew. Someone very familiar with the area.I think someone who commits an act of violence spontaneously doesn't put a lot of thought into hiding the crime and a recovery happens within a week. Some including myself think more than one person is involved based on the car being parked at PTL. I have written earlier the cell towers contain the clues . Calls being made between 3-4 am in the general area probably number into the low 1000's. Slow ,tedious work deciphering the numbers but I feel certain LE will find the suspects before they find HE..
My theory is the same except Im thinking not more than one person. I strongly feel this is someone Heather knew.

Like I told Cigs. That is me. She verified by looking at my FB page.

If this post is in reference to the picture of the girl smoking, with all due respect Capt. Tab I did NOT verify it was you. I had three of the searchers that were in the same group with the young lady pictured look at Facebook profile you sent me, not even close :banghead:

I sent this e-mail out this morning to the Horry County Public Information Department:

I got a response quickly stating that she would forward the question to HCPD and then got this response directly from Lieutenant Kegler.

I thanked him for his reply, the HCPD search efforts and if I could share his message. He said...

Gave me a slightly better feeling I guess. But, the search continues for HE. :(

Great job, Peter Thomas Fan, thank-you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members