SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Heather met with foul play and needs our help. I'm a little embarrassed this thread has turned down such a dark road. Since the day I found out about her situation, I've been convinced this is a predator. Predators like to hunt, kill and repeat.

I do not post on many threads. Most missing people are missing because of someone known to them or they have vanished because they wanted to be someone else.

Heather had a condo, completed school/was licensed, owned an established social media connection, a car, enjoyed working (a lot), but most of all, Heather had a loving family. She did not vanish; someone is responsible for harming this young go getter.

Think about why you are here on Heather's thread. I know why I'm here.

If this was your daughter, would you want people dissecting her weight, appearance and social media? Or would you want helpful, informational and encouraging posts?

We have a chance to be helpful. Let's be just that.

PMB

Ty PMB I agree and I add that I wish we had more to go on though seems we get a little more each time there's press.

I also note I agree with that first paragraph. Except I don't think it's a serial killer/serial rapist yet. I think they are just a guy, or even 2 who are aggressive towards women and probably mentally and physically abuse the women in their life. But this could be the birth of one if they get away with it. Makes me sick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I know she didnt answer phone calls....im assuming her phone was not found so I am assuming it wasnt keft in her car for her dad to find left in her car...WHERE IS HER PHONE CHARGER?...TOOTHBRUSH COSMETICS AND ETC? .i do wonder things llike that because if she took them with her she was planning for a stay overnight or so...SHE WAS OFF FROM WORK THE DAY AFTER... RIGHT? ...was she scheduled to work that weekend?....she may make her plans on her days off instead of on weekends beings she works...at more than one job I think. ...I would assume days off are few and far between and that working on weekends is likely beings that restaurants are probably busy on weekends...

My point is she disappeared mid-week... and it it likely that IF she did make plans to go anywhere overnight....she would have to make any plans to go out of town or overnight when she had the next day off from work... in other words all weekend like activites would have to have gone on during off days....not weekends...

Heather, along with her keys and phone are missing. Nothing else. No, she hasn't answered ANY calls...as her phone has been off since the last reported use. That, in itself, is enough to cause concern as she NEVER turned her phone off.

Ty PMB I agree and I add that I wish we had more to go on though seems we get a little more each time there's press.

I also note I agree with that first paragraph. Except I don't think it's a serial killer/serial rapist yet. I think they are just a guy, or even 2 who are aggressive towards women and probably mentally and physically abuse the women in their life. But this could be the birth of one if they get away with it. Makes me sick.

I agree it would be excellent if there was more information to help Heather. You could be spot on (as to one or two guys described above).

We live in a fast paced world. It has been weeks now (since HE went missing) and still, no Heather, no press release or conference. The mean queen (sorry that's my name for her) Nancy Grace fired up her razor sharp, jugular seeking tongue. Nothing.

I'm not trying to offend anyone who thinks Heather made a decision to leave. I don't think she left on her own.

CarolinaAsh. It was interesting that NG focused on the cell phone and purse (you were right, I was frustrated with previous rumors (hope you understand).) Still waiting on a concrete description on what model phone and purse. Although, HE could have owned many purses and phone accessories, making the description impossible. All Moo.

"Her favorite place"? Who ever said that? I know that her parents house is very close to PTL. That could be a reason for her familiarity with PTL.

Thank you, Mysterons23~You're correct! No one has said PTL was 'Her Favorite Place'. Her father stated PTL is a place known by all the family. I, myself, know of PTL landing, know where it's located but, I can honestly say that Jan. 03, 2014 is the first time I've ever actually driven to PTL. The only reason I went that day was to take some still shots to post on WS to kind of give a better feel for the place.

LadyHawk,

I'm sure this has already been thought of, but not mentioned here that I have seen.

If I was planning on being gone for any period of time "willingly" even if I didn't want someone to know, i would take my charger

Has anyone looked to see if the charger to her phone was anywhere?

Late model Ford Ranger around a 2002 ish

The first light near the fuel and coolant gauge looks like a check engine or low fuel ? Maybe seat belt light

The other light is the odometer light it's bright because of the angle of the photo.

purse.jpg

stick.jpg

If it was a cap, it would have a handle in front of the silver-ish logo. I don't see one. as far as the purse thing. There are other pictures of HE carrying a purse. not completely outside of the realm of possibility that she happened to decide to use one that night. this one even looks like a plausible possibility of being the same one. In regard to the panel lights, I'v pointed to the ones that I suspect could be door ajar and park. anyone with that kind of truck on here can confirm or deny is welcomed to.

I try to visualize her reaching for the supposed hat. Its almost freakish how big that hat would look.

I agree it would be excellent if there was more information to help Heather. You could be spot on (as to one or two guys described above).

We live in a fast paced world. It has been weeks now (since HE went missing) and still, no Heather, no press release or conference. The mean queen (sorry that's my name for her) Nancy Grace fired up her razor sharp, jugular seeking tongue. Nothing.

I'm not trying to offend anyone who thinks Heather made a decision to leave. I don't think she left on her own.

CarolinaAsh. It was interesting that NG focused on the cell phone and purse (you were right, I was frustrated with previous rumors (hope you understand).) Still waiting on a concrete description on what model phone and purse. Although, HE could have owned many purses and phone accessories, making the description impossible. All Moo.

No problem! and I agree with your assessment of NG. Very glad she's covering Heather because it gets word out there but omg she is ABRASIVE. Like nails on a dang chalkboard. The GMA segment was wayyyy better. Speaking of. In that photo from the date it shows her phone in her lap, it's in a sparkly pink hardback case. My guess would be she wouldn't have changed that after her date, but maybe her purse.

Lord knows I'm not even fashion savvy like she would be as a cosmetologist but I still have 3 cases for my phone (an Otterbox in blue, a zebra print hardback, and a cheapie transparent teal bumper style one) as for purses. Oh gawd. That is a real trick there. I mean, I just gave half of mine away last month in a cleaning spree and still have like 10. and each has a use. I have my formals and my casuals and my rugged ones and my big ones and the one I use when I go to the movies... so god only knows if she changed purses! Especially since a big craze down here are those little wallet things with the window for your ID, that you can easily transfer essentials from purse to purse.

That is true. However some can be taking it too far. Like saying clearly since she went to PTL at night it had to have been a drug deal. Sure we know she smoked from her SM but making such an assumption is... I don't even know the word I'm looking for. And some of her known habits or work stuff getting pumped up to a seedy level. Imagine if she is being held somewhere against her will, even if she's not abused and she comes back to see people basically calling her horrible things I won't repeat. Thats awful and traumatizing and I tell each and every one of you right now... the stuff being said on here is NICE compared to what's being gossiped about in the community. I hope she is alive but I also hope they have one heck of a counselor ready. :(

I must have missed that about the drug deal.

She is young. Lord, I didn't think I would survive my daughter's teen age years let alone when she was 20. She gave me many gray hairs. She's married with children now. They grow up. There is NOTHING in this world that anyone can do to 'ask for' or 'deserve' to be taken or hurt. Nothing. No matter how far as a society we come, it seems to always go back to somehow in some way blaming the victim, and we really can't do that here. I hope that people in the community there think about Heather and her family before saying things that may hurt. Whats important is to find her or find out what happened to her. And if she has fallen victim to something really terrible, it's important to get the person responsible off the streets.

That is true. However some can be taking it too far. Like saying clearly since she went to PTL at night it had to have been a drug deal. Sure we know she smoked from her SM but making such an assumption is... I don't even know the word I'm looking for. And some of her known habits or work stuff getting pumped up to a seedy level. Imagine if she is being held somewhere against her will, even if she's not abused and she comes back to see people basically calling her horrible things I won't repeat. Thats awful and traumatizing and I tell each and every one of you right now... the stuff being said on here is NICE compared to what's being gossiped about in the community. I hope she is alive but I also hope they have one heck of a counselor ready. :(

I don't understand what is going on in here at all. You find people by looking at their life...every aspect of it,every person in it and yes...even the dark corners. HE is human,she's young and I'm not judging her for her lifestyle. I AM going to consider it when trying to find her. As Sharethelight said,she is worth saving NO MATTER WHAT. That said, if we are going to get our hands slapped every time we try to talk about the things that HE herself has said that she does,because someone thinks that is being disrespectful...then what exactly are we going to uncover by avoiding reality? Stating the known facts,which came from HE,isn't being disrespectful,it's considering the lifestyle and activities of the victim. It's victimology.

Physical traits
Marital status
Personal lifestyle
Occupation
Education
Medical history
Criminal justice system history
Last known activities, including a timeline of events
Personal diaries (if known and available)
Map of travel prior to offence
Drug and alcohol history
Friends and enemies
Family background
Employment history

Making a separate thread for each category listed above as well as an actual timeline thread,a thread for news articles and letting everyone discuss each aspect would help us to organize this case. Not letting us discuss anything useful or important because it's an area of HE's life that some people would rather ignore will not help HE. I don't care what she did or did not do in her private life....I just want to find her.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE.

Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Family and Friends are considered victims as well.

Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Thank you
Ima

LadyHawk,

I'm sure this has already been thought of, but not mentioned here that I have seen.

If I was planning on being gone for any period of time "willingly" even if I didn't want someone to know, i would take my charger

Has anyone looked to see if the charger to her phone was anywhere?

Yes, of course. The only items unaccounted for are her phone and her keys...and Heather.

I don't understand what is going on in here at all. You find people by looking at their life...every aspect of it,every person in it and yes...even the dark corners. HE is human,she's young and I'm not judging her for her lifestyle. I AM going to consider it when trying to find her. As Sharethelight said,she is worth saving NO MATTER WHAT. That said, if we are going to get our hands slapped every time we try to talk about the things that HE herself has said that she does,because someone thinks that is being disrespectful...then what exactly are we going to uncover by avoiding reality? Stating the known facts,which came from HE,isn't being disrespectful,it's considering the lifestyle and activities of the victim. It's victimology.

Physical traits
Marital status
Personal lifestyle
Occupation
Education
Medical history
Drug and alcohol history
Friends and enemies
Family background
Employment history

Making a separate thread for each category listed above as well as an actual timeline thread,a thread for news articles and letting everyone discuss each aspect would help us to organize this case. Not letting us discuss anything useful or important because it's an area of HE's life that some people would rather ignore will not help HE. I don't care what she did or did not do in her private life....I just want to find her.

Stating known facts is perfectly fine, discussing Heather with the facts we know including anything she's posted on the social media sites is fine. Rumor is not allowed so any speculating must be done with what we know at this time thru main stream media, law enforcement and if our verified insiders have something to add is fine too.

We have no suspects or persons of interest so no one is to be sleuthed and the info posted here, this means family and friends. You can discuss what is in the media about them as well, but nothing more.

If you all feel a post is against or TOS then please alert, don't discuss it on Heather's thread. This thread is for Heather. If you have questions you can pm me or any Mod, we are happy to help.

Ima

Yes, of course. The only items unaccounted for are her phone and her keys...and Heather.

So this information is incorrect LadyHawkke? Has HE's purse been located?

From thread 3
Post #867
(See original post for full details)

Per CarolinaAsh's diligence to get MSM confirmation on a broadcast she saw;

A WMBF reporter stating Mr. Elvis said phone and purse have not been located.

Reporters response found here:
https://twitter.com/StephRobusto/status/419268336304664577

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Physical traits
Marital status
Personal lifestyle
Occupation
Education
Medical history
Drug and alcohol history
Friends and enemies
Family background
Employment history

Yes... ive said this before about another case and I agree totally.... facts are facts.... pretending that they are a saint is not going to change facts....

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

According to this post I ran across on thread 1, Heather did some modelling for Imports on the Beach.

As I was trying to view her pictures, I noticed that on the day Heather disappeared, but not until 7:00 p.m. on the 18th, Wednesday night, this organization was having a fund raising event in Myrtle Beach.

An idea that's a real stretch but I feel the need to mention this lightbulb moment that went off in my head when I saw imported cars mentioned. My husband was an Army careerist and we lived in Thailand for years/twice.
As a result of a plea made through my church group, I visited the women's prison for the purpose of trying to connect with an American woman prisoner (practically a girl - about HE's age) who had been apprehended in Thailand for drug smuggling. She was promised $10,000 from someone back in the states but believed the mission had something to do with fancy imported cars and she was getting a free trip to Thailand. I never quite understood her explanation but never pressed her to make the story clear to me. What was done was done and she was incarcerated in a foreign country with no outside support.

It seems very unlikely and I have no idea why Heather would leave in the middle of the night, but what if she signed on to do something like this?
The girl I met with didn't disappear (she told her family she'd be gone) until she couldn't get home again. Can you imagine when they got that phone call? But, at least, they knew where she was and what happened to her.

My imagination gets away from me sometimes but this is a scenario I know can be real. Just can't believe anybody really would buy into it but also realize peeps can be tricked. Was it ever determined if Heather has a passport?
This is farfetched I know. And, wouldn't law enforcement check if her passpost has been used as well?

Anyway, mainly want to point out the coincidence of the event date and Heather going missing. Who may have come into town specifically for the event Wednesday night? Anyone she met previously when modelling for this organization? Did Heather have plans to attend the event that evening?

This case defies standard protocols - from the top (LE) down. Their silence affects the information stream - to the public and MSM.

This makes any decent attempt at victimology precarious at best. IMO it's unfair to even attempt it with such an incomplete picture. It is what it is, though and we can't change it. :(

Although the mods are allowing us to sleuth Heather, I try to temper the conclusions / assumptions being drawn based off of SM because how much can one really know from a twitter feed or Facebook page? They're not vetted and we all know in our hearts they're not. Imagine yourself in her shoes and the world analyzing you in your absence based on your tweets/Facebook posts, etc,?. Would we be 100% correct? I'm just saying the possibility exists we could be wro

The trickle down effect of this silence (by LE) is reverberating - in the community and here. For WSers who have been around for a while & are familiar with TOS, it's less of an issue than for those who are new and joining the threads each day.

Yet here we are on thread #6 without a single press conference!

I don't want to lose this valuable forum. I'm also not going to criticize anyone. The frustration is unavoidable; but we have to find a way to work through this - and keep the threads open.

IDK about y'all but if Heather were my daughter, I'd hope folks would be willing to find a way to do that - somehow....
:sigh:
:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the only case that I can compare this one to is the mickey shunick case because thats the only one I followed and the reason I had joined websleuths because it was so close to me.

With that said I can remember a press conference or two that were disappointing because they were just like reviews of things we already knew....there was a lot of silence from LE as well which we all misread and feared that the case would end up going cold or never be solved.... i can remember everyone questioning lifestyle and some victim blaming and victim bashing going on....and what seemed like an eternity analyzing pictures of a white truck....literally like a needle in a haystack because of the vast number of white trucks in the area....whether she was being run over in the picture or was sitting in the truck and timestamps on pictures and what was in the back of the truck....in the long run what was in the back of the truck turned out to be the most important detail in LE identifying the truck.

In the mickey shunick case the first really huge piece of the puzzle was when her bike was found dumped in a body of water.... and then after that to the best of my memory months went by without anything....complete silence....and just when we were starting to lose all hope they made an arrest....

The last thing LE would want to do is make it obvious to a perp that they are a person of interest because if they do the perp will run or hide or try their best to cover their tracks and possibly destroy evidence and etc....I.m.o.....when LE is silent it means they are keeping a secret....they must have a strong idea as to who they are after and what happened because they didnt they would need the public's help to a greater degree and would be doing things like press conferences and making a lot more info available to the public welcoming the public...even begging the public to help them....in other words....I.m.o....LE doesnt help the public in giving the public ways to help LE out because they dont need as much help as it may seem to us as they do....I.m.o.....they probably have a case, they will in time be building their case to be stronger....and the public will NOT hear about it until it is all air tight!....I.m.o....they probably know or have a good idea of the perp now....and havent announced a name or made an arrest because they want to leave no room for the perp to wiggle out of consequences....the worst thing that would happen would be to leave a "reasonable doubt" in my opinion....they are working on removing any possibility of reasonable doubt...in my opinion... silence of LE speaks VOLUMES. ....

a good example....with no body found it is hard to remove the doubt in a murder trial...because with no body there is a possibility that person could still be alive....possibly resulting in the aquittal of a murderer...
It may take them months of work and silence to build an absolutely air tight case but it is better slow and thorough than quick and wish that they had taken their time and done it right...they only have one chance....no double jeopardy...
All my opinion only

LE seldom held PC's or told the public much of anything, in the cases in involving Holly Bobo, Katelyn Markham or Kortne Stouffer, as well as many others, or if they did, it was often not for months, or even a year later. To me, it is not that unusual that LE has little to say in a case a few weeks old.

Frustrating, yes, but not that unusual.

In those cases, like Heather's, we often only had the occasional words from parents to try to dissect for clues. None of Kortne's friends really spoke out, only one, I think of Holly's, and so on.

Since none of those cases are solved, I am far from convinced that this is the best way for LE to handle such cases...but again, it is not unique to Heather.

JMO

I'm not completely caught up because I was searching for some other info when I was sidetracked by the info contained in my post above.

But, two things, I see a ball style cap on the dash of the truck. Could be 'trucker' style or 'field' style - something like that. They are taller, bigger hats
(check out Justin Bieber wearing too big ball style caps and rappers tend to wear them too).
<Mod Snip>
I was looking for the post where I read the no purse info before getting sidetracked. It crossed my mind that maybe they don't want the info out there (but it got out). Don't know what difference it makes.
Also I swear someone posted a picture of HE's keys in the vehicle's ignition but nobody has discussed that post either.

Sometimes I think people are messing with out minds around here - ha! :tantrum:

*If you were around during Caylee's case, you'll understand!

Lastly, why does TE state that Heather's interest in becoming a makeup artist "came out of the blue"?

"The cosmetology thing came out of the blue, she wanted to become a make-up artist and work the runway."
http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

A day or two ago, HE's cosmetology license was linked in a post showing she had an interest in the trade since she was in high school and had successfully pursued the necessary education. I wondered and posted then why she hadn't been working in the industry already.
I'm curious is all as disconnects perplex me (head tilt).

From thread #3:

#826 * *
01-03-2014, 08:55 PM
lonetraveler
I apologize if this has been covered but have tracking dogs been used around the area of the car and did they track her scent from the car to any other location? I was thinking that if her scent was tracked around and away from the car that the question of someone else parking the car there and walking away could be ruled out.

I knew this had been asked before and as far as I can tell has not been answered. Did they use air scent or tracking dogs where HE's car was found? I am sure they did. But looks like if she had drove her car there her scent would have been picked up IMO. But I am not an expert on air scent or tracking dogs :)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member