SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I noticed that too. I believe the member who put together the timeline for WS is very, very accurate. There are some differences between that and the news article of 1/17/2014, imo.

Has the article been edited? I can't even find a "time" shown in it. I'm sure it said what time he got the text from her. And I thought it said what time her last phone activity was. It doesn't even say now what time her date dropped her off.

I feel like the initial time details given out were estimates and had to be confirmed via records of all concerned and LE is not talking about those. JMO

This is what's bugging me. Her date dropped her off. Then she called her roommate. End of story as he knows it.

Then he says "The night carried over into morning, with calls still going out and information starting to pile up from records I could find online and calls I was making."

He was able to find out what her phone activity was by logging into his service provider. But he doesn't say what "information was piling up".

I guess this is what they call "keeping it close to the vest".

I'm 99.9% positive I read that a search was being conducted this weekend. Though I don't recall it involving CUE. Volunteers were to make contact by email, they wanted atvs, horseback, hunters... And it was to be led by LE.

OT: Canaille, I love your name. I know how to pronounce it and its meaning I'm a Ragin' Cajun too. Born and raised in Acadiana.

I had to shuffle these quotes around to address a few diff. topics!

CarolinaAsh

Thanks for the great timeline!
I think LE responded to the landing re: car before 11:10pm on 12/19.
In an article and in the story Terry wrote published today TE mentions that it was just getting dark on 12/19 when LE came to his door to notify him of abandoned car at PTL.

This doesn't really make any difference IMO to the ultimate sequence of events, I just thought I'd mention it.

In the one article TE says on 12/19 he went to PTL to see where car was, tried to call HE for an hour and by 7pm he was frantic.

CarolinaAsh,

Thanks so much for making this timeline! If you need to change anything or add to it let me know and I can do that for you. Its a great timeline!

Ima

To me we have a very accurate timeline, imo, created by another member. But in reading today's news article, the times seem to be different.

Me too, but I think it's what he's not saying. I just re-read it, and the phone call to the roommate doesn't feel right.

What aspect of the call doesn't feel right? The time of the call? The roomates version of why HE called her?

Yes, I noticed that too. I believe the member who put together the timeline for WS is very, very accurate. There are some differences between that and the news article of 1/17/2014, imo.

First, you're all so welcome and I'm glad everyone likes it. As for the times. Regarding the LE response, there was no time of response listed on the police report. So I used the time of entry on the officer's report.

I didn't notice different times in today's article if you mean the one TE wrote. However I did notice as I was making the timeline that her roommate's time didn't match. She said 2:00am but it was actually closer to 3:00am I believe. Could be she was just wrong. Also if she was in the FL panhandle which is central time it'd have been 2:00am there and 3:00am here.

How are you guys understanding the phone calls he made to HE, the ones the night he was taken to the car? I think that's one of the things nagging at me.

I honestly expected the story to say something along the lines of "I immediately called or tried to get a hold of H" when the officer explained which car was abandoned.

Not sure what you mean exactly but he says "During all the time we have been there, I frantically called Heather’s phone, but it goes to voice mail without ringing. This is not like Heather at all to have her phone off." (http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis) Which to me reads as once they pulled into the lot and he saw it WAS her car he started calling her and kept calling her while the officer looked through the car and they checked the area.

I got an email this afternoon from CUE that here will be no search this weekend but efforts will resume next weekend. Notification will be sent out next week as to time and meeting place.

My question is, had you received an email the other day regarding this weekend's search? I had thought someone, maybe you, had said they did.

a question I have is ,did HE receive a call during her date and did she react to it (new bf might have noticed something wrong)?

the conversation she had with her room mate would be very revealing with the details of the calls HE received.

That is an EXCELLENT question. If she did, did she even answer it though? Could it be it went to voicemail and she listened when she got home?

The timeline indicated that Heather worked at the 'Tilted Kilt'. Its like a 'Hooters' with Kilts.
Maybe a customer was stalking her?
My younger sister worked at place like this. There were many times I had to help at keeping away the guys that would bug and follow her...

This is what's bugging me. Her date dropped her off. Then she called her roommate. End of story as he knows it.

Then he says "The night carried over into morning, with calls still going out and information starting to pile up from records I could find online and calls I was making."

He was able to find out what her phone activity was by logging into his service provider. But he doesn't say what "information was piling up".

He does go on to say or maybe the reporter paraphrased that there's information he can't release due to the ongoing investigation...but I've also seen the police report and FB comments and have my own theory...actually 2.

I think LE may be close to naming a POI.

I've asked this before, but have been blown off.

Has the roomates whereabouts on the night of the disappearance been verified? Yes, I know she was allegedly in Florida. [modsnip]

The roommate is not a POI/suspect, so sleuthing and/or speculating about her is off limits. She is considered a victim of her friend missing, at this point in time.

Salem

maybe the identities of her former boyfriends and their backgrounds

I'm not sleuthing the roomie, FWIW. Thats why im asking!

Can't go there. No sleuthing, no speculating unless LE or MSM give us reason to. She is considered a victim because her friend/roommate is missing.

Salem

Originally posted by CarolinaAsh
My question is, had you received an email the other day regarding this weekend's search? I had thought someone, maybe you, had said they did.

CarolinaAsh, I realize your question was directed at MBnative. Fyi, I am a member of CUE and receive email alerts for all searches. I did not receive an email alert for a search on 01/18-19/2014.

CarolinaAsh, I realize your question was directed at MBnative. Fyi, I am a member of CUE and receive email alerts for all searches. I did not receive an email alert for a search on 01/18-19/2014.

Ok thank you. I may have confused it with one from before. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I had to shuffle these quotes around to address a few diff. topics!

First, you're all so welcome and I'm glad everyone likes it. As for the times. Regarding the LE response, there was no time of response listed on the police report. So I used the time of entry on the officer's report.

I didn't notice different times in today's article if you mean the one TE wrote. However I did notice as I was making the timeline that her roommate's time didn't match. She said 2:00am but it was actually closer to 3:00am I believe. Could be she was just wrong. Also if she was in the FL panhandle which is central time it'd have been 2:00am there and 3:00am here.

Not sure what you mean exactly but he says "During all the time we have been there, I frantically called Heather’s phone, but it goes to voice mail without ringing. This is not like Heather at all to have her phone off." (http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis) Which to me reads as once they pulled into the lot and he saw it WAS her car he started calling her and kept calling her while the officer looked through the car and they checked the area.

That is an EXCELLENT question. If she did, did she even answer it though? Could it be it went to voicemail and she listened when she got home?

Again, thank you for such a valuable and well done timeline.

Yes, I was making reference to the article from TE. Like you I was looking at the timeline made by the police officer. It may be that I am taking things too literally. The "As the sky grew darker outside", gave me the impression that he was making reference to it being much earlier in the evening.

I have to admit, I am getting confused as to what was on the redacted report and what was not...I SO wish media would address the policer report, so we could discuss it. I am afraid to say much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow