Lloyd Welch is Person of Interest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinda Pallett and Charlotte Kinsey went to the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds and phoned home to say they had a job with a man there. They were never seen again.

This was 1981 and the girls were both 13.

here it is!

http://www.fbi.gov/baltimore/press-...napping-of-lyon-sisters-others-victims-sought

Below is a timeline of Welch’s known whereabouts.

Date Location
January 9, 1974 Austin, Texas
March 25, 1975 Wheaton Plaza in Wheaton, Maryland
April 1, 1975
Address of 4714 Baltimore Avenue in Hyattsville, Maryland, provided to law enforcement

April 9, 1977 Takoma Park, Maryland
November 1977 Address of 1825 Main St. in Orlando, Florida, provided to law enforcemet
November 24, 1977 Montgomery County, Maryland
March 13, 1980 North Miami Beach, Florida
September 15, 1981 Hyattsville, Maryland
April 15, 1982 to September 11, 1984 Incarcerated (Maryland)
March 18, 1987 Los Angeles, California
April 27, 1987 Sioux City, Iowa
January 13, 1988 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
February 4, 1988 Sioux City, Iowa
December 20, 1988 Horry County, South Carolina
March 17, 1989 Horry County, South Carolina
September 1992 Lockhart, South Carolina
November 16, 1992 Clover, South Carolina
May 19, 1993 Union County, South Carolina
May 31, 1994 Union County, South Carolina
June 13, 1994 Baltimore, Maryland
June 21, 1994 Address of Road 3, Box 86 in Bedford, Pennsylvania, provided to law enforcement
July 13, 1994 Address of 1800 Elmerton Avenue in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, provided for sex offender registry
1995 Prince William County, Virginia
June 1996 Address of 2242 Sussex Court in Woodbridge, Virginia, provided to law enforcement
March 1997 New Castle County, Delaware
July 1997 to Present Incarcerated (Delaware)

Welch is also believed to have spent time in New York, but the related dates are unknown.

BeeBee...............lost my thought! :floorlaugh:

I have read the list of dates and locations. Doesn't look a complete list to me, but its a start. Hopefully they can pad it out a bit as they investigate more.

http://www.mymcpnews.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Info-Packet-Lyon.pdf

Here's the link (the attached pdf) to the person-of-interest, Lloyd Welch aka Mike Welch. He's known to be a drifter, carnival worker, and landscaper who walked along the railroad tracks in the area and he also travelled across the country. He's currently in jail in Delaware. Photos and more details are at that link.

Attachments

• Info-Packet-Lyon.pdf
    Info-Packet-Lyon.pdf
    389.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Rendering_andText-224x300.jpg
    Rendering_andText-224x300.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Welch_Jr_Lloyd_Lee_front_email.jpg
    Welch_Jr_Lloyd_Lee_front_email.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Lloyd-and-Helen_adjusted-224x300.jpg
    Lloyd-and-Helen_adjusted-224x300.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 44
I don't think we should rule out any locations that are not on the list, as long as the dates don't clash with periods of incarceration or dates where they know where he was.

Welch is currently being held at the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center in Smyrna, DE. (FYI for any who are curious)

I set up threads for each state on the list so we can pull missing cases over to them

eta: he spent a long time in SC and that is where I am going to start looking for any cases that could match

He was known to hitchhike around the DC area, spending a lot of time in Silver Spring and Wheaton," police said at a news conference on Tuesday.
Police say Welch has convictions in sexual abuse cases involving young girls in states including Virginia, Delaware and South Carolina

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/fea...l#.Uvpmv2QX3PQ

Press release with his picture in 1977 and picture of girlfriend Helen Craver: http://www.mymcpnews.com/2014/02/11...apping-of-lyon-sisters-others-victims-sought/

Interesting how closely this Welch character resembles the sketch in the press release.

I am puzzled as to why this is the first time in 39 years that Montgomery County Police have released the sketch to the public.

The only sketch ever released in the past was the sketch of the Tape Recorder Man. It was released on 1 April 1975 and a few days later slightly modified and re-released. It is NOT the one in the above link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder