MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI Special Agent-in-charge Dan McMullen (DM)

DM: Thank you, Sheriff. Again, my name is Daniel McMullen. I'm the Special Agent in Charge with the FBI for the State of Mississippi. As you all know, the FBI's been working side by side with the Madison County Sheriff's Office and multiple state law enforcement agencies to bring little Myra back home. We've significant ground searches, air searches, we've brought in specialized search teams, but unfortunately, to this date we still don't know where little Myra is. With that, the FBI is now offering a $20,000 reward for information on little Myra's whereabouts. Obviously, we believe that there is someone out there that has information to where little Myra is, and we certainly hope that by offering this reward, that we'll receive that information, and bring her home. I appreciate the media's continued interest in this case. I think working with the media and law enforcement, we will bring little Myra home safely. Thank you.

R(eporter): Obviously, with the $20,000 reward, do you believe someone is holding the child against her will, maybe for ransom or something?

DM: Well, the reward doesn't necessarily suggest that. The reward suggests that we believe that someone does have information , if we can get that information, then we can bring her home. We encourage the public to reach out to the FBI, to report any information they have, no matter how small you think that information is, and also to the Madison County Sheriff's Department, or to your local law enforcement, wherever you're seeing this message. So, someone has information, and we hope this $20,000 reward will help that person to come forward.

R: (inaudible) all across the country in terms of the FBI. Do you believe with this many days, the weather we've had, that Myra is still alive somewhere?

DM: There's no value in speculating. We're hopeful. That hopefulness drives this investigation. So, we're hopeful that she's still alive and we're working day in and day out to bring her back home.

R: Some of the tips we've had in the last week is that someone took her and maybe left the area, the immediate area?

DM: Again, I understand the desire to kind of determine whether she's missing, abducted, and so forth, but the bottom line is, what we know now is that we don't know where she is and all of this effort is going towards answering that question, without regard to how we would categorize. We wanna know where she is.

R: The $20,000 reward speaks volumes. You must have some reason to believe - someone is giving you a tip or something that says someone is holding her against her will and somebody is not talking.

DM: No it doesn't. What it says is that we conducted a significant investigation and we don't know where she is now, and the reward is another investigative tool, and it's a tool we're going to utilize at this point in the investigation.

R: How much of an import has social media been? We know that the family said yesterday that they were getting a lot of criticism on social media, but from the end of the investigation side, have you received any leads from social media? Or have they been directly from call-ins?

DM: We've received a number of leads from many different corners, but we still haven't received the lead we need to bring her home. Again, thank you again for the media's interest in this story and I think through the media, we will answer the question as to where little Myra is. Thank you.

It might be unrelated but still:

@courtneyannj: Just saw several marked & unmarked cars speeding out of sheriff's dept. headed north. No word on whether it's related to Myra Lewis search.

She's a WLBT reporter.

Do we have an active scanner thread for this case?

The same person who started the fundraiser two days after her disappearance is now marketing t-shirts. Just released with today's press conference I believe. Friend of a relative.

I am not sure who that is in the photo. (It's the person chosen for the shirt's marking campaign.)

T-shirt reads "I'm scared." and "I miss my mommy."

Is anybody else as happy as the model? :) :) :)

Looks like Instagram to me, maybe?

Where, as in, link? I don't think we can link to it unless it's a picture in MSM, which could be. ML would be the only persons SM pages we can link to and she's a minor. Right?

We can't post links to sites raising money or selling goods here.

I googled the name of a person I've been noting, and found numerous sites they use for fundraising (twitter, instagram, pinterest, and organizational websites). This person who has kept my attention, (not the person pictured) seems to be a professional fundraiser (clothing, religious, printing) and huge fan of crime tv.

You just have to google names of interest until you find it I guess.

how underwhelming! a week ago i had such high hope that baby myra would not be one of the forever missing now i'm not so sure.

I would think a photo of a t-shirt featuring the missing person would be allowed.

This is the only thing I could find re - the tshirts, from twitter (MSM)

Perrise Thomas WJTV ‏@Perrise_Thomas 4h
These t-shirts have been made in an effort to find Myra Lewis. I'll have reaction from family on #NC12 at 5&6 pic.twitter.com/9zOibDRdCK

BiYnaDvCEAAgXS4.jpg

https://twitter.com/Perrise_Thomas

We can't post links to sites raising money or selling goods here.

I googled the name of a person I've been noting, and found numerous sites they use for fundraising (twitter, instagram, pinterest, and organizational websites). This person who has kept my attention, (not the person pictured) seems to be a professional fundraiser (clothing, religious, printing) and huge fan of crime tv.

You just have to google names of interest until you find it I guess.

Hockeymom is right, though. We can't link unrelated people's SM here. If you want to get a mod's clarification you can alert your post and they'll let you know.

It's definitely originating from Instagram. However, it doesn't show up on a hashtag search for Myra Lewis.

I would think a photo of a t-shirt featuring the missing person would be allowed.

All photos have to have a link and links have to be SM or MSM. In this case the only SM allowed would be the Find Myra page or ML's page. ML doesn't have a page.

I think I have that right.

Because they are oblivious as to how to approach social media so they just keep asking neighbors and digging and searching because they don't know where else to start looking.

I have been reviewing the FB pages of persons who appear to be related to Myra (i.e., parents/siblings). Many pages are private and I have not extended a friend request nor do I plan to. Some of the pages are public. Of all the pages I have reviewed, I do not see anything that is all that revealing. Most are pleas to bring Myra home. Maybe I haven't come across what you have seen. I think if you feel strongly about a post/photo that would aid in the investigation, you should report it. The LE has made it very clear that they will follow every lead and are wanting ANY information that would help find little Myra. I don't think there would be any exception to social media.

As I mentioned a few days back, LE used social media to aid in an investigation of identity theft in which I was the victim. I am in Mississippi. I truly believe they would use it in the case of a missing 2 year old. The FBI was involved in my case as it involved multiple victims. I do agree that some people are more savvy than others with computers, but when it comes to the FBI, I feel confident there are experts looking at social media.

Of course, all of the above is just my little ole opinion.....

I've only just discovered that google has a reverse image search. I haven't really used it much but hope to learn more about it. You can enter a photo address and it will tell you everywhere that image appears on the web.

My guess would be that the problem isn't the shirt, but the photo of a person who might wish not to be posted here. Ask a mod though. They'll give us clarification.

Hi msmamanana.....who is this wearing the missing t-shirt?

I don't yet know how to link my previous post on this thread, but shortly after this new one was started, and around the time of the press conference, I posted a twitter link in regards to these shirts.

Someone made them in an effort to find Myra. Not much other info was stated on it though at that time, but they (a WJTV reporter) are supposed to follow up on the news this evening. Hope that helps!

"MSM, which could be. ML would be the only persons SM"

By the way, being new here, I am not familiar with any of those acronyms. What do they stand for?

https://mobile.twitter.com/radamsWJTV/media/grid?idx=0&tid=443117035141074944
Reward flier.

Here it says she was last seen between 10:30-11, playing with her sister outside her home, according to family members.

How is the time not sure? I thought it was previously stated that this was according to the mom, the statement. Also, I thought she was last seen going into the house. Also, I thought it was with her sisterS. So, does this mean the initial report of what happened on that morning has changed? I would gather the FBI and LE have got the most accurate info from interviews.

"MSM, which could be. ML would be the only persons SM"

By the way, being new here, I am not familiar with any of those acronyms. What do they stand for?

MSM means mainstream media. ML is myra lewis (many people use initials and especially for minors). SM is social media.

Yes and they really had nothing else to say that couldn't be said via a reporter. We know nothing, we have no idea, no good tips, and there's a reward now.

I'd give anything for a presser in Heather Elvis case, at least they're talking!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member