Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 20 employees of a Texas based company. Anyone think that there is some connection to this company, considering they have huge assets and recently merged with another big asset company. Since when do you put 20 people from the same company on the same exact flight?? This is a big no-no because of situations like this. You never want to lose big key players in a company all at once because that puts the company at risk. So when you book flights you always make sure that they are not on the same flight. A lot of big companies do this. Not saying that this is related but something to look at really close.

A friend of ours works there and was in China for related meetings. We know he's safe. I'm sure they all had to be there at the same time for the same events.

It things like this that make me never want to fly again.
Which is unfortunate, because I love traveling and I've always enjoyed flying.

I honestly doubt it where could the plane have landed safely with nobody on the outside world noticing? I know this region is not as populated as western countries but they cannot be so remote nobody notices a big 777 plane. I honestly think the plane is at the bottom of the sea in bits many people including myself will be shocked if it isn't. I hope I am wrong and everyone is still alive but it just isn't a credible possibility in my opinion.

I really hope the remains and wreckage are found soon. Can you imagine being the family of the passengers and crew never knowing what happened and where your loved ones are, never having closure or being able to grieve.

If anyone finds out when the next press conference is or when future press conferences are going to be please could post the times here. Myself and many other members would be very grateful for this information so that we can watch the press conferences live. Thank you for your help.

I agree.
I can't imagine what these families are going through right now :(

I do find it odd that the pilot had such a sophisticated set up at home, unless he also used it to encourage young peoples interests in becoming future pilots.

This is my set-up - Don't ever underestimate the passion of a pilot ;)

Attachments

• DSC02386s.jpg
    DSC02386s.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 108
  • LightOn.jpg
    LightOn.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 92
What I absolutely cannot comprehend is why they have established five different search zones in the Andaman sea off the west coast of Malaysia, when the plane disappeared off the east coast. First the Malaysian authorities claim they have no idea where the plane is and then later when questioned about searching the Andaman sea, claim that there are things they can tell us and things they can't tell us. If you don't know anything, what is there to tell???? How does it help locate the plane if they aren't willing to disclose what they do know??

Seems to me that if they utilized the ships presently in the Andaman sea, to help search in the Gulf of Thailand and the South China sea areas in the general direction where the plane was last known to be, that it would allow them to cover the most important areas that much quicker! It just makes no sense to me!!

Me too!

When I rented a motorbike in Thailand, they kept my passport as collateral.

If no bike is returned, no passport is returned, and then it's more than likely sold on the black market. :twocents:

However in the case of Luigi, he returned only to find his passport had been given to someone else. Now that the black market on stolen passports has been exposed, I am curious how many people (who are actually paying attention to this) will continue to surrender their passports to "just anyone"?

:dunno:

MOO

This was in 2009. I stayed in around 10 hotels. Always had to place the passport in a paper envelope, steal it and initial over the sealed flap. Very secure (not)!

I don't recall having to do this in Thailand or Cambodia.

While I never rented a motorbike, every hotel I stayed at in Vietnam required me to leave my passport at the front desk for the duration of my stay. I hated it. Think about all the passports sitting in every hotel in Vietnam....who knows how secure they are? And that is only one example.

I guess the bottom line is now with hologram passports they should be hard to spot if leaving on an international flight. Anyone is taking a risk leaving their passports in a SE Asian country or any country for that matter.

I want to know where they travelled from? Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur?

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...nese-Plane-with-200-Passengers-out-of-the-Sky

A Chinese commercial flight with 200 passengers on board came within minutes of being hit by North Korean missiles.*

South Korea condemned the missile launch, with South Korean Defence Minister spokesman Kim Min-seok calling it "a serious issue of concern".

"The failure to protect the safety of civilians by issuing an advanced navigational warning according to international norms is a serious threat," he added.

North Korea defended their actions, with an army spokesman saying that such missile tests are conducted regularly, and that no flights were in danger because the North takes "scrupulous advance security measures for flight orbit and targets in the designated waters".

The BBC also reports that the U.S. has asked the UN Security Council to take "appropriate action" against the North's missile testing. They say the recent North Korean missile tests "clearly used ballistic missile technology".

But if the Malaysia Airlines flight was hit by missiles, wouldn't there be debris scattered everywhere?

However in the case of Luigi, he returned only to find his passport had been given to someone else. Now that the black market on stolen passports has been exposed, I am curious how many people (who are actually paying attention to this) will continue to surrender their passports to "just anyone"?

:dunno:

MOO

Pattaya happens to be one of the sketchiest places in Thailand, imo.

I skipped right over that town. ;) and headed north to Laos.

But if the Malaysia Airlines flight was hit by missiles, wouldn't there be debris scattered everywhere?

I presume so. Also i presume debrees would have been found in the area the plane was supposed to have been in.
As it is, it appears the plane changed it course for whatever reason.

I presume so. Also i presume debrees would have been found in the area the plane was supposed to have been in.
As it is, it appears the plane changed it course for whatever reason.

I'm confused by that as well. WHY would the plane suddenly change course? And without alerting any air traffic controllers?

What I absolutely cannot comprehend is why they have established five different search zones in the Andaman sea off the west coast of Malaysia, when the plane disappeared off the east coast. First the Malaysian authorities claim they have no idea where the plane is and then later when questioned about searching the Andaman sea, claim that there are things they can tell us and things they can't tell us. If you don't know anything, what is there to tell???? How does it help locate the plane if they aren't willing to disclose what they do know??

Seems to me that if they utilized the ships presently in the Andaman sea, to help search in the Gulf of Thailand and the South China sea areas in the general direction where the plane was last known to be, that it would allow them to cover the most important areas that much quicker! It just makes no sense to me!!

Would make a point where the plane was last seen and draw a circle out as far as the plane could of flown on the amount of gas that it was carrying. Big search area but would encompass all possibilities.

I'm confused by that as well. WHY would the plane suddenly change course? And without alerting any air traffic controllers?

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-mystery-compounded-by-mystery-1.2566983

"Did the plane turn around — and why?

Malaysian military officials say that radar data suggests that the plane might have turned back toward Kuala Lumpur before vanishing. But there’s no indication why they would do so, because no contact was made with air traffic controllers.
Some experts note that it may not be the result of the crew changing the flight direction. In Air France 447’s descent, the plane also changed its direction by more than 180 degrees, but only as an unintentional side effect, according to Bill Palmer, an Airbus 330 captain and author of Understanding Air France 447."

Hijacking is one possible answer.

:(

MOO

Hijacking is #1 on my list of possible theories.
But in most hijacking situations, distress signals can still be sent out. Even if the plane did make an unexpected turn (hijacking or not), the pilot would have told ATC what was up. They have special signals for hijack scenarios.

So it's just weird that no signals were sent out and that it just dropped from anyone's radar.

Hijacking is #1 on my list of possible theories.
But in most hijacking situations, distress signals can still be sent out. Even if the plane did make an unexpected turn (hijacking or not), the pilot would have told ATC what was up. They have special signals for hijack scenarios.

So it's just weird that no signals were sent out and that it just dropped from anyone's radar.

The pilot could have been incapacitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove