Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim condemned on Tuesday speculation that the captain of a missing Malaysian airliner -- a member of Anwar's party -- may have been driven by political motives to sabotage the plane.

Describing Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah as a "decent man", Anwar said he was "disgusted" by what he saw as an attempt to smear the pilot and somehow implicate the opposition leadership in the March 8 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/malaysias-anwar-disgusted-missing-plane-speculation-020017546.html

ETA: Someone I know who has been to Israel claims Israel maintains security just by asking questions to try and discern who you are, and avoids the "invasive" tactics of the U.S. in terms of physical screenings and limitations on what you can bring on board. I know Israel is good about security, but how does it differ from the U.S.? While I know there is a lot of value in sizing a person up, I find it hard to believe they'd be able to pinpoint every single sinister person by chatting.[/QUOTE]

RSBM

Israel begins the security process when you book your flight. It can be on any airline. Once your name drops in their database...security checks are in the works. When you arrive/depart Israel they already know who to stop.

Just had to throw in my :twocents:

China has begun an in land search I wonder if they have any intelligence to suggest the plane may have landed in China.

(Flight MH370) China begins inland search
(13 mins ago)

China has begun searching for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on its own territory, state media said, citing Beijing's envoy in Kuala Lumpur.
The northern corridor projected from satellite and military radar data that the aircraft might have flown through passes through far western China, and Chinese ambassador Huang Huikang said that China had begun search and rescue operations in the area, Xinhua said.—AFP

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking_news_detail.asp?id=47574&icid=2&d_str=

That's a good idea.

Why do I keep thinking something is currnently being transported secretly from either Kyrgystan or Kazakhstan to Iran?? I just keep getting that vision. Keep going back to Iran.

ETA: Someone I know who has been to Israel claims Israel maintains security just by asking questions to try and discern who you are, and avoids the "invasive" tactics of the U.S. in terms of physical screenings and limitations on what you can bring on board. I know Israel is good about security, but how does it differ from the U.S.? While I know there is a lot of value in sizing a person up, I find it hard to believe they'd be able to pinpoint every single sinister person by chatting.

RSBM

Israel begins the security process when you book your flight. It can be on any airline. Once your name drops in their database...security checks are in the works. When you arrive/depart Israel they already know who to stop.

Just had to throw in my :twocents:[/QUOTE]

Omg I wish the US did that!

I may have to edit this post so that I may add the MSM links but Malaysia has spent boatloads of large dollars on defense spending YET it's ally Singapore has questioned whether the radar systems actually work. The contractors for the maintenance of these systems are well placed Malaysians

As Derryn mentioned before Australia has a RAAF base in Malaysia. I'm not sure if that would mean they have their own radar or if they would use Malaysia's military radar. I'd guess we would have our own though.

RSBM

Omg I wish the US did that![/QUOTE]

I was not only the US but ALL countries would do this. We should focus on our national security first, IMO.

I keep going back to, in my mind, what the motive is (if hijacking by terrorists)?

Guy on cnn, on the don lemon special, said could be one do 3 things:

-want something in the cargo.
-want a specific passenger or passengers
-murder (they wanted to kill a certain high-value passenger)

But for the cargo one, as someone else stated, couldn't they just have gotten a private plane? Instead of carrying out this huge operation, just bribe ppl to put the cargo in the private plane?

I wonder the same as you perhaps a private jet couldn't hold the weight of what was in the cargo hold or travel far enough to get to the required destination. Perhaps a private plane isn't suitable for what they have planned next which is a big worry.

I was not only the US but ALL countries would do this. We should focus on our national security first, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yes, like one of the 911 hijackers who was on some list for having been at the Kuala Lumpur meeting just , IIRC, months before he was able to enter the US even though CIA knew he had been at the terrorist meeting in KL. :facepalm:

This is an interesting article just posted.

(Reuters) - Aviation officials in Pakistan, India and Central Asia as well as Taliban militants said they knew nothing about the whereabouts of a missing Malaysian jetliner on Monday after the search for Flight MH370 extended into their territory.

A commander with the Pakistani Taliban, a separate entity fighting the Pakistani government, said the fragmented group could only dream about such an operation.

"We wish we had an opportunity to hijack such a plane," he told Reuters by telephone from the lawless North Waziristan region.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/17/us-malaysia-airlines-southasia-idUSBREA2G10320140317

[quote

Yes, like one of the 911 hijackers who was on some list for having been at the Kuala Lumpur meeting just , IIRC, months before he was able to enter the US even though CIA knew he had been at the terrorist meeting in KL. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

IIRC it was more than one of them.
That does not happen in Israel. They are just as cautious with who enters the country as who exits. They also have marshals (at least two) on every single flight. The security has come a long way since the last incident (1976).

RSBM

Why, though? There are millions of flights every year, how many are hijacked? Seems like our current security is working.

Re: The whole "terrain masking" theory...

This is what is called a TFR (Terrain Following Radar)
It is the bit of kit that enables military jets to fly at the extremely low altitudes (usually 200ft-500ft, but as low as 100ft) that are required in order to effectively terrain mask.

The 5000ft being claimed here in terrain masking is not effective for terrain masking, unless you happened to be be in a valley where mountains either side are over 5000ft above you either side.

To do this at night time in an aircraft not equipped with TFR would simply not end well, it would be suicidal, and I think the life expectancy of anyone attempting it would be less than 30 seconds.

At 200ft doing 450knts - you've got about half a second to identify the problem and react before your a hole in the ground.

Without two of these units (they operate in tandem for redundancy) or a similar type of TFR - effective terrain masking is realistically not possible in NVFR operations, which is what would be required.

It works by transmitting a radar signal towards the ground area in front of the aircraft. The radar returns can then be analysed to see how the terrain ahead varies, which can then be used by the aircraft's autopilot to maintain a reasonably constant height above the earth.

This technology is primarily used by military strike aircraft, to enable flight at very low altitudes and high speeds, avoiding detection by enemy radars and interception by anti-aircraft systems. This allows the pilot to focus on other aspects of the flight besides the extremely intensive task of low flying itself.

Most aircraft that use TFR allow the pilot to select the ride "hardness", to choose between how closely the aircraft tries to keep itself close to the ground and the forces exerted on the pilot. The F-111 used a switch to select for a hard, medium or a soft ride. A "Hard" ride will result in just that... the wildest roller coaster ride in the world, with massive positive and negative "G" forces applied as the aircraft climbs steeply over an obstacle maintaining the altitude set as faithfully as it can, and it really is a rough rough day in the office for anyone aboard.

Medium and Soft rides obviously make things a little better, but it would still be a one way ticket to Vomit Land for the uninitiated! Its a really high intensity way of flying.

The TFR computer will consider many factors in determining the flight path for the aircraft. These factors include, distance to the forward terrain, aircraft speed and velocity, angle of attack and quality of signal being returned.

Again, 5000ft is not "low level flying" by any stretch of the imagination and its simply not effective for this purpose.

Attachments

• tfr.jpg
    tfr.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 21
I feel like this "search effort" is one long drawn out game of Marco polo.

Important update in this article China has found no Chinese passengers with links to terrorism on board.

"Checks into the background of all the Chinese nationals on board the missing Malaysian jetliner have uncovered no links to terrorism, the Chinese ambassador in Kuala Lumpur said Tuesday.

The remarks will dampen speculation that Uighur separatists in far western Xinjiang province might have been involved with the disappearance of the Boeing 777 and its 239 passengers and crew early on March 8."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malays...mp=rss&utm_source=cbc+news&utm_medium=twitter

:eek:fftobed:

Seems like countries are coming out and saying they are not responsible.

Inside job appears more and more. Night!

Sorry if this information has already been posted this article has interesting information.

"The diversion that missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 took, away from its scheduled path to Beijing, was programmed through the aircraft's computer system rather than a manual control, reinforcing the belief that someone in the cockpit had been responsible for the plane's disappearance 11 days ago, The New York Times reported."

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/mh370-flight-path-programmed-not-done-manual-control-040951524.html

Why, though? There are millions of flights every year, how many are hijacked? Seems like our current security is working.

Not just about hijackings, but about who enters the country. Yes, only minuscule numbers come to do harm, but it should be as hard for these bad guys to get in as it possibly can. Terrorists like the 911 terrorists, their only purpose coming to US was to plan for and carry out the attacks.

The CIA were aware that at least one (and another poster said a few), was in a meeting in Kuala Lumpur with known high-level al Qaeda terrorists prior to arriving in the US.

He was put on terrorist list.

When they discovered he was trying to enter the US, the information either didn't get to the higher-ups in the CIA, or they failed to act on it.

So he walked right in.

Important information from the United Nations watchdog that they have seen no evidence of a crash or explosion of the plane I haven't seen this already posted.

United Nations: A UN-backed nuclear watchdog has said that it did not detect either any explosion or crash that could be linked to the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, amid continued speculation over fate of the aircraft. "Regarding the missing Malaysian Airlines flight... the Vienna-based Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) confirmed that neither an explosion nor a plane crash on land or on water had been detected so far," Spokesman for UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon Stephane Dujarric told reporters on Monday.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/missing-...ays-no-explosion-crash-detected/458517-2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem