Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been mentioned but does anybody think those new objects may have just been clouds?

When I finally got to see the objects, boy was I disappointed because to me they looked like they could be just part of the clouds. I wasnt convinced it was even debri. Maybe I havent seen the right pictures of it.

No. I think the public was shown distant images, but the military involved would have closer images for inspection.

There was that video posted by that conspiracy theorist dude on YouTube that showed the plane jump to 45000 feet, but that's all I've seen to support that happening. I don't even know if that is considered accurate, since that could have just been a bug on the FlightRadar site.

If/when the black box is recovered, would it say what the plane's altitude was?

I also am suspect if the plane really went up that high. They have provided so little supporting information to the public and so we tend to just go by what we hear on the news. Early on, as each day the info seemed to change and so I agree it is suspect about the 45K.

As far as black box, my understanding as previous posters provided some links about it, it sounded like we get TWO things. (1)-We get the last 2 hours of actual VOICE RECORDINGS from cockpit which will be real interesting to hear. (2)-On top of that, there is another set of data where we get many more hours of actual data like altitude, position, speed, etc. and if I am not mistaken it was quite a lot of hours of it. I think the last 12 or 20 hours or something like that of that kind of data.

ETA - Oh and that limit of like 30 days just means the box will no longer send out a signal ping to help find it. It does not mean all that data is lost when that 30 day limit is up. It just means the battery died in the part that does the pinging to help find the box. they can still find the box if they know where the plane went down.

The 45,000 feet thing didn't come from the youtube video.
After the 45,000 feet thing people started thinking maybe the youtube video was right.
The 45,000 feet and 23,000 feet came from the radar, once they realized the unidentified plane was MH370.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Malaysian military radar showed the plane climbing to 45,000 feet soon after disappearing from civilian radar screens and then dropping to 23,000 feet before climbing again, the official said.

The satellite image of the debris that have been released to the media are not clear. There are higher resolution images that cannot be released to the media without violating US law. These images are from Digital Globe, which is a US company.

Just yesterday I received in the mail a quote for a lawn service which had a google earth shot of my house and yard as a photo within the personalized flyer :doh:

It had much better resolution than the photos we are seeing in the media of these 2 pieces. I'm amazed that the technology and low price allows, a LAWN company fgs, putting this to me into an individualized marketing piece.

I can understand why they waited until they had ships and others almost there before announcing it to the public. In this world of instant news, the wait would have produced more anxiety and devastation for the families of those missing. Remember...if it is wreckage...their loved ones have perished and all hope is lost. Australia wanted to be particularly cautious. I believe they have handled it correctly.

What would be the reason for officials not waiting even longer before announcing the "potential" location of the lost airplane?

After I saw the headline last night, I quickly called my brother before realizing the plane had not been located but may have been located. I called him back and apologized for the false alarm and he replied that it was still news. Boink.

Seriously though, SeriouslySearching (ha!), what are the legit reasons to say anything at all prior to confirming it had been found? Is it that someone would notice all the ships and aircraft headed in that direction and start rumors anyway?

My heart hurts for the family members and friends of the passengers. The uncertainty must be nearly unbearable to endure.

Discuss the topic at hand - not other members! thanks

O/T

I am super way behind on the thread, wading my way through.

But I just noticed your avi and wanted to say :tyou: Harmony, for supporting Teghan.
That is how I am always going to picture her, wiping away the rest of the horror she went through (trying to).

Just yesterday I received in the mail a quote for a lawn service which had a google earth shot of my house and yard as a photo within the personalized flyer :doh:

It had much better resolution than the photos we are seeing in the media of these 2 pieces. I'm amazed that the technology and low price allows, a LAWN company fgs, putting this to me into an individualized marketing piece.

That's actually really creepy!!!

:scared:

What would be the reason for officials not waiting even longer before announcing the "potential" location of the lost airplane?

After I saw the headline last night, I quickly called my brother before realizing the plane had not been located but may have been located. I called him back and apologized for the false alarm and he replied that it was still news. Boink.

Seriously though, SeriouslySearching (ha!), what are the legit reasons to say anything at all prior to confirming it had been found? Is it that someone would notice all the ships and aircraft headed in that direction and start rumors anyway?

My heart hurts for the family members and friends of the passengers. The uncertainty must be nearly unbearable to endure.

I think the reason to say anything at all is to let the world, and those sad families, know that there is a search happening, they have not abandoned searching. (The wait to say anything was to be sure it was something to be sought out and looked at.)

My heart hurts thinking about all those families too.

This may have been mentioned but does anybody think those new objects may have just been clouds?

When I finally got to see the objects, boy was I disappointed because to me they looked like they could be just part of the clouds. I wasnt convinced it was even debri. Maybe I havent seen the right pictures of it.

I posted this way back (191) but want to bring it back up. The helpers are shown satellite maps; if enough people circle the same thing; it is given to the pro's who look at the better images/data so that they can zoom to figure out what if anything it is. For them to turn it in; it's been picked over many times.

Here is a decent short article DigitalGlobe Powers Crowdsourced Hunt For Missing Malaysian Flight 370

DigitalGlobe used its satellites to capture some 3,200 square km of the area where the flight could have gone down....

...it shows the same images to many different people, and if enough people tag the same little square on the grid, an expert will review that area to see if the item of interest is worth investigating.

....the tedious legwork is done by what amounts to throngs of worker bees, thus freeing up the time and resources of the experts to do more sophisticated work.

Tomnod FB

I looked this a.m. and you can see these images on Google. And a larger one further to the right! Has anyone else done that? ty

First MSM articles starting for our day here ... these are from our country's capital, Canberra.

The location of debris from the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 in the southern Indian Ocean would eliminate some of the wilder theories about what happened to the plane and would lean towards the likelihood of an emergency on the flight, an attempt by the crew to turn back and complications that caused them to fall into unconsciousness leaving the plane on a ghost flight until it ran out of fuel.

The location also seems to rule out the hijack theories, because there are no airports along the southern flight path.

Far more plausible is the theory, favoured for days now by professional pilots on chat sites and blogs, that the pilots had an event on board that took out the communications and led to a slow or rapid decompression which rendered the crew incapable of making an emergency landing. Pilots have only a few minutes to bring a plane down to below 4000 metres before the passengers and crew will become disoriented, then unconscious and eventually die.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nat...scenario-for-flight-mh370-20140320-35620.html

When the Australian official took the podium to explain to reporters the discovery of satellite images that might show pieces of MH370, he carefully omitted to tell them the source.
The images were from a US satellite. The Australian Maritime Safety Authority's John Young didn't mention this to the media. Nor was he asked. But he wouldn't have disclosed it in any case.

As ever, Australian officialdom is hyper protective of US intelligence and its sources ...

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nat...-sparked-search-for-mh370-20140320-355zt.html

No, but soon to be here! :D

I was thinking of the planes searching, and ships out there, sunrise should be about 6:19 a.m., according to this chart I googled and have no idea if it is correct, scroll down for sunrise.

http://www.tide-forecast.com/locations/South-Perth/tides/latest

o/t ~ Speaking of my brother in post above, I was looking through a bunch of his pictures and came to one of him and my dad standing on a pier on a lake one beautiful day. I was thinking how healthy and happy they both looked when, all of a sudden, I noticed on the pier behind them stood an eagle. It was the size of a child in the distance. Still can't believe it's possible to capture an eagle at ground level with people standing nearby. So cool!

I looked this a.m. and you can see these images on Google. And a larger one further to the right! Has anyone else done that? ty

Like on google maps?
If so, post a link to it.
IF it is on google maps then my suspicions are correct, it definitely isn't the plane.
Those pictures are from 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members