Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This article explains how they dropped the marker buoys ... even before the satellite imagery (and what the buoys were marking) had been announced to the crew.

The water-activated buoys send a GPS and iridium satellite feed to AMSA, measuring drift, currents and water temperature to narrow the search field, which was roughly the size of New South Wales.

The door swung open and Flight Sergeant Mancey and Sergeant Roberts were exposed to the elements as they removed one buoy and launched it from the rear of the plane.

The process was repeated less than ten minutes later.

As the Hercules returned to RAAF Base Pearse, the crew learned that a satellite had picked up two objects, possibly wreckage from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, to the south of where the buoys had just been deployed.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/wor...-continues-20140321-hvkym.html?skin=text-only

Just yesterday I received in the mail a quote for a lawn service which had a google earth shot of my house and yard as a photo within the personalized flyer :doh:

It had much better resolution than the photos we are seeing in the media of these 2 pieces. I'm amazed that the technology and low price allows, a LAWN company fgs, putting this to me into an individualized marketing piece.

OT
I had an even creepier thing happen to me about 5 years ago which is very similar. This guy pulls up and had a 8X10 glossy photo of an overhead shot of my small house and surrounding property, and he tells me he is a small plane pilot and he does that every year where he flies to rural communities and takes photos of peoples land and then goes door-to-door to try to sell them.

I actually bought one from him becuase it really was well done and he had frames already in his vehicle. He told me a lot of people will order a larger size that he could do and I didnt want to pay anymore than the 30-40 (cant remember exactly how much it was) than he was charging.

I never even suspected that maybe what he had was just from google or something. They really did look like actual photos instead of satellite images because of how clear the photo is, so I did tend to believe his story about him being a small plane pilot.

ETA - I couldnt believe he actually had it already printed because if i didnt buy it it would have been waisted money for him. I bet he found that he sells many more if he shocks people like he did me. I kind of felt sorry for him and also liked the photo anyway.

Like on google maps?
If so, post a link to it.
IF it is on google maps then my suspicions are correct, it definitely isn't the plane.
Those pictures are from 2012.

I really don't think so. It was Google Earth and they are identical to the ones we have been seeing. Even the ones on Tomrod, or whatever it is called. Just go on to Google Earth and go the the ocean view. They are just west of Australia. I will try to get a link but have to go right now to get grandson from school.

I'm about 90% sure that those images are from the plane. I don't think the Australian PM would announce the find if he wasn't confident with what he was told/shown.

Of course, this very well may just be ocean debris, or something that fell off a ship, but I feel that this is part of the plane.

Are they checking out those pieces that looks like parts of an airplane? It will be such a relief to the families, even though not an ending they would like, but at least an ending.

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: emergency is more likely scenario for flight MH370

The location of debris from the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 in the southern Indian Ocean would eliminate some of the wilder theories about what happened to the plane and would lean towards the likelihood of an emergency on the flight, an attempt by the crew to turn back and complications that caused them to fall into unconsciousness leaving the plane on a ghost flight until it ran out of fuel.

Far more plausible is the theory, favoured for days now by professional pilots on chat sites and blogs, that the pilots had an event on board that took out the communications and led to a slow or rapid decompression which rendered the crew incapable of making an emergency landing....

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/miss...light-mh370-20140320-35620.html#ixzz2wXNihWsi

I really don't think so. It was Google Earth and they are identical to the ones we have been seeing. Even the ones on Tomrod, or whatever it is called. Just go on to Google Earth and go the the ocean view. They are just west of Australia. I will try to get a link but have to go right now to get grandson from school.

Okay I was just looking at the google satellite view.
Working on google earth now...

Ah crap... google earth isn't labeled.
Geography is NOT my strong point. :banghead:

Google Earth/Google Maps images are from 2012.
So IF those images on Google Earth are the same as the satellite images for this case, it's doubtful this is plane debris :sigh:

Orion arrives, as Australia investigates

SYDNEY/KUALA LUMPUR: The Australian Air Force AP-3C Orion plane is the first search aircraft to reach the scene where two objects were found floating in the southern Indian Ocean off Australia.

The objects could be debris from a Malaysian jetliner missing for 13 days with 239 people on board, officials said.

More aircraft and ships are expected to join the search which could be a defining moment for the search.

Read more: UPDATE 15: MISSING MH370: Orion arrives, as Australia investigates - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...3185?cache=03/7.226322/7.288059#ixzz2wXPOTHT9

Maybe it is possible that the man on the oil rig did see an explosion from this plane and it was put out shortly afterwards. jmo

I really believe this is what happened and there was mechanical problems from that moment on.

moo

Google Earth/Google Maps images are from 2012.
So IF those images on Google Earth are the same as the satellite images for this case, it's doubtful this is plane debris :sigh:

I can't even find Australia on Google Earth, much less the debris. :facepalm:
Maybe someone else will have better luck.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA5FMFVbVZ0"]Air crash In the comores island caused by hijackers - YouTube[/ame]

Really where? I wanna go there :floorlaugh: Some snow and ice still in my backyard :banghead: Thanks everyone for all the updates :seeya:

70 degrees with no clouds and a beautiful day here in Charleston South Carolina! And best of all, chilly nights for hot tub! :blush:

nothing in that area would be sitting there for 2 years. It would have moved with the currents

I'm about 90% sure that those images are from the plane. I don't think the Australian PM would announce the find if he wasn't confident with what he was told/shown.

Of course, this very well may just be ocean debris, or something that fell off a ship, but I feel that this is part of the plane.

It was when someone mentioned on the news that freight containers used to ship goods across the ocean are the same size as the image when my hope diminished. They added that containers are frequently lost during transit. ???
For years I was an export coordinator (mainly doing paperwork for ocean freight) and can't recall hearing about one container ever being reported lost. I remember typing up insurance certificates but had nothing to do with arranging insurance policies so maybe there were incidents that never got back to me.

Hi everyone thank you for all your posts and updates which are much appreciated. Hopefully something will be found today. I am sure all the searchers are doing their best and I hope the weather is good for searching. As always my thoughts and prayers are with the families of the passengers and crew and with the searchers who have a difficult task ahead.

I'm really sorry moderators for posting tweets that weren't main stream media last night with pictures of the debris I will bear this in mind in future.

It doesn't feel like spring here in Glasgow either it's been cold and raining all day but is nothing compared to the snow some of you have experienced in the states.

I can't even find Australia on Google Earth, much less the debris. :facepalm:
Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Im with you there. I cant even find Google Earth on my PC...LOL

We need GPS Coordinates of where they supossedly spotted that debris. It is my understanding that Austrailia news did not provide GPS coordinates of where the debris was spotted.

Are the GPS coordinates known today? If we had a current satelite view, we could go try to find it using coordinates but images would have to be recent.

Unless maybe the objects are somehow stationary and not part of the plane wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member