GUILTY NC - Danielle Locklear, 15, Hope Mills, 11 March 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HOPE MILLS - Hope Mills Police Chief Joel Acciardo said investigators believe it will be two to three days before a body pulled out of the South River near Autryville on Wednesday can be identified.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/crime_courts/article_71c8ac6d-471a-59c2-be0d-f2388c39a22a.html

No positive ID yet?

I hope they have some evidence to help them build a case.

I don't have a clue as to what motive a person she knew might have for this kind of crime.

I just wonder what's taking so long. Most medical examiner's can determine ID within 24 hours. And they are just now asking for medical or x-ray records? LE should have had those on hand long ago. Ugh. This family is in torment here.

For me in this case, the only one that can say if Danielle made it to the friends house....is the "friend".... and this has not been confirmed to be true by police yet one way or the other...just as what the "friend" stated.

Right. And that "friend" has caused my hinky meter go off on more than one occasion, most recently in regards to her latest comment. (As she is not named a POI, I have removed her name in the following snippet)

But Danielle's friend, <name removed>, said Thursday that Danielle never arrived at her house that night.

<name removed> also said she saw Danielle on March 12 about 10:40 a.m. with a group of five males at Little Rockfish Creek. Alexus said she was making her way through a wooded cut-through that neighborhood students use to walk to South View.
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_cb1275d2-3554-5ea4-9619-da858cc3a19a.html

March 12 was a Wednesday. So that would have been a school day, was it not? Or did they have a day off? My first question would be why would she be leaving to go to school at nearly 11am??

Also, Dannie's grandparents live on Trencholm, the friend lives just north of there, the creek is to the south, the school is to the north. Which means that Little Rockfish is in the OPPOSITE direction as the school! Why would the creek area be used as a "cut-through" to get to school??

Right. And that "friend" has caused my hinky meter go off on more than one occasion, most recently in regards to her latest comment. (As she is not named a POI, I have removed her name in the following snippet)

March 12 was a Wednesday. So that would have been a school day, was it not? Or did they have a day off? My first question would be why would she be leaving to go to school at nearly 11am??

Also, Dannie's grandparents live on Trencholm, the friend lives just north of there, the creek is to the south, the school is to the north. Which means that Little Rockfish is in the OPPOSITE direction as the school! Why would the creek area be used as a "cut-through" to get to school??

I agree with everything you say! I have studied that neighborhood and believe I know where this friend lives ....you are spot on about the points of interest and the directions. Just in general, when a person was meant to be the last person to see someone and states they never showed up and then state they saw that person in another location the next day makes my hinky meter to spike.

Could it be that Dannie had decided to meet some friends and lay out of school on that Wednesday when something went wrong....or when a group of "friends" turned on Dannie? Also, if these kids were students, they would all be missing from school on that Wednesday, unless school was out. There is no doubt that several someones know something and are probably scared crapless. Justice is coming to their door....

I looked at the South View HS calendar for March, and there was a snow day March 1, and no more days in March to be off school.

Would LE hold off on announcing the identity of this body, to aid in this investigation?

I wonder...

This story is very convoluted.....something isn't right about the girl's story-the girl who said she saw Dannie with the males.

She is stunning. The light in her eyes is awe-inspiring too.

I am so so sorry for what your family is going through. Despite the possibility of what has been found in the past few days, I am still praying she is safe and will come home again to you and yours.

Yes, Dannie has beautiful eyes. My wife and son (her dad) are responsible for this as they all three have greenish eyes.

As someone speculated, LE may be holding out on the confirmation of the girl found in the river because revealing this information may compromise their investigative efforts. At least this is what I suspect.

At this point all we know is that her description matches Dannie, but there's no confirmation. We're all sitting in pins and needles at this point.

On the one hand, if it is Dannie her suffering is over. on the other hand, if it's discovered that it isn't Dannie, then there's still a glimmer of hope she'll be found alive and well. Also, if it isn't Dannie, what other family will be caught up in this nightmare.

Thanks for letting me use this as a sounding board for all of my frustration and venting.

Thanks again for all your support.

Yes, Dannie has beautiful eyes. My wife and son (her dad) are responsible for this as they all three have greenish eyes.

As someone speculated, LE may be holding out on the confirmation of the girl found in the river because revealing this information may compromise their investigative efforts. At least this is what I suspect.

At this point all we know is that her description matches Dannie, but there's no confirmation. We're all sitting in pins and needles at this point.

On the one hand, if it is Dannie her suffering is over. on the other hand, if it's discovered that it isn't Dannie, then there's still a glimmer of hope she'll be found alive and well. Also, if it isn't Dannie, what other family will be caught up in this nightmare.

Thanks for letting me use this as a sounding board for all of my frustration and venting.

Danielle is absolutely gorgeous, especially her eyes!! :) I am praying for your family!! I hope you get answers soon and more importantly, Danielle comes home to you all!!

My heart goes out to you Dan-d. Any delay in confirmation might be a good thing - it may be because they found evidence that allows further search warrants or even an arrest, but if they confirm it publicly they may lose that opportunity. IMO

"Hope Mills police don't believe drowning in Brunswick County connected to Locklear case

On Sunday, the body of Silas Oller, 17, of Sunset Beach, was pulled from the Shallotte River in Brunswick County, media reports said.
Facebook postings indicate that the Oller and Locklear had mutual friends".

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_40c390a1-277b-583e-9e93-0244049f6d13.html

Seriously?
I mean yeah very likely could be coincidence, but that they had "mutual friends" would ping my radar.
Weird.

Dan-d, I am so sorry you are going through this.
I am hoping the person they are ID'ing is not your Danielle and she is out there somewhere and will be home soon.

Seriously?
I mean yeah very likely could be coincidence, but that they had "mutual friends" would ping my radar.
Weird.

I am hoping the person they are ID'ing is not your Danielle and she is out there somewhere and will be home soon.
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_40c390a1-277b-583e-9e93-0244049f6d13.html

See the comment section. Also, on Danielle's FB I see someone says they miss her in Sunset Beach, to which she replies she misses it there too. I'd say she likely knew the boy in this article.
Can someone please clarify (and link if you can),...How many recent deaths in this area?

Seriously?
Weird.

See the comment section. Also, on Danielle's FB I see someone says they miss her in Sunset Beach, to which she replies she misses it there too. I'd say she likely knew the boy in this article.
Can someone please clarify (and link if you can),...How many recent deaths in this area?

I would hope we're not the only one's whose radar is pinged! 4 bodies in as many days;
4/2 South River (Possibly Dannie))
http://www.wncn.com/story/25154079/womans-body-recovered-from-river-in-sampson-co

4/5 Cape Fear River (unknown?)
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9493800

4/6 Fort Bragg (Tayvon)
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_c85ff344-21f7-510c-a9b7-5e6c439d7eb2.html
http://www.wral.com/body-found-at-fort-bragg-is-missing-teen-mom-says/13544933/

4/6 Shallotte River (Silas)

I am still looking for connections but 4 bodies in 4 days is far too coincidental IMO

I, for one, find the wait grueling. I can't imagine how the family is coping. My prayers are with them. Its time for answers....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back